Don't have an account? Create one!

The Paranormal

AuthorMessage
diamond girl
In The Murder Scene
diamond girl
March 24th, 2009 at 06:02pm
Does anyone else here watch Paranormal State on A&E (besides Kym)?
I'm just curious to know.

I strongly believe in spirits and paranormal activity. I've only had one encounter, when I was five years old, involving my grandfathers spirit, but it was enough to make me a believer for life.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 24th, 2009 at 09:16pm
yeah. i watch paranormal state. in fact, i watched last night. =) good episode.
i love those programs. paranormal state and ghost hunters are cool.

i believe that there are paranormal events that occur.

however i do believe that a lot of things can be explained away.

as far at the witching hour (3am), i'm not too sure about that. i dont believe that spirits hold to a specific time of night. events can occur at any time. day, night.
but there seems to be a correlation between activities and night. they way i see it explained, entities draw energy from things around them in order to manifest themselves. if this holds true, then the energies around people would be greater in relation to the surrounding environment at night.
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
March 25th, 2009 at 01:48am
diamond girl:

I strongly believe in spirits and paranormal activity. I've only had one encounter, when I was five years old, involving my grandfathers spirit, but it was enough to make me a believer for life.

i loveee paranormal state.
it's none of that bull shit stuff that people can call fake.
it's real and it's happening to real people.
plus they're helping people out while making good entertainment.
it's a really addicting show. i watched a marathon a few days ago.

i believe in ghosts and everything but i've never had an experience.
i've been inside this famous haunted house in jamaica.
they had pictures on the wall of photo's that tourists took of mirrors and things like that in the house.
but there would be a figure in the mirror or a white orb looking thing.
sadly none of my pictures had any ghosts in them.

also the only thing i can remotely think of as paranormal was when my grandpa (on my mom's side) died.
a few days after, all 3 lights in my mom's bathroom died at the same time.
normally they won't die at the same time, and it happened to my aunt the same day.
also he died around the time of my grandma's birthday, so during her party,
all the lights went out at the same time in the room we were in.
we like to think it was him sticking around for her birthday before crossing over.

also one more is when my guinea pig died.
this is kind of embarrassing, but i was young and pretty upset,
so i was praying asking for some sign that he was in heaven with my grandpa.
all of a sudden the light in the room i was in turned on by itself.
it's never ever done that before. so i like to think that was a sign. lol.
Skippy.
Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
March 25th, 2009 at 04:22am
^ ooh, that's pretty cool. (:

i've never really had any encounters. i hope i don't, really. i'd be terrified.
i remember once, though, after my grandfather's funeral, we went back to his house afterwards and sat down at the table.
after a while, both of my nephews started waving at something in the direction of the door, and they were saying, "hello old man!"
and when we looked we couldn't see anyone there. so we thought that maybe they had seen my grandfather.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
March 25th, 2009 at 02:56pm
nameless...:
Just Steph...:

But if a paranormal world exists, it's one we know nothing about, so would have completely different laws of physics than ours.
There could be any reason why only some ghosts are seen. The most popular and overused theory is of course that they have unfinished buisness.
But maybe ghosts aren't dead people? They could be angels? Something we haven't even invented or discovered yet. They could be anything.

Ghosts might be angels. A chaplin (sp? a chaplin is like a Priest who works at a hospital) was over at my house and he said that there was security footage caught on tape at a hospital here where I live and on the tape was this angel like figure. You could almost see the hair, and on each side of the figure looked like wings. So ghosts very well could be angels. I also think some might be dead people. Why they are stuck on earth? I have no idea. Maybe they died violently, or they had unfinished business, I'm not sure. Maybe even something no one has thought of yet. I think demons are real to, but that kind of freaks me out so I don't like thinking about it too much.

Wow that's pretty cool. I wish i could see it. Do you have a clip or a still of it?

mgmt.:
the witching hour, around 3am is supposedly the time when spirits are most active.
i looked it up a couple of days ago out of curiosity.
it also shows this on the exorcism of emily rose, if anyone's ever seen that.

i also believe in demons. :/

I don't know about that. If they existed, they'd be there all the time surely? But then, if their laws of physics are different (which they probably are) then who knows?
I suppose i could test it out. Long story short: i always feel the presence of another person (like when someone walks in the room and you can't see or hear them but you know they're there) and have done for as long as i can remember. I've puzzled over what it could be, but since i've never known anyone to die, i've had no idea. My latest theory is a guardian angel. I could see if it is stronger around 3am. I tend to talk to it (i hate calling it an it, but i can't tell if it's male or female. maybe angels don't have genders) more late at night, but i've always figured that's coz no one else is around.
Skippy.
Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
March 26th, 2009 at 06:56am
Just Steph...:
I don't know about that. If they existed, they'd be there all the time surely? But then, if their laws of physics are different (which they probably are) then who knows?
I suppose i could test it out. Long story short: i always feel the presence of another person (like when someone walks in the room and you can't see or hear them but you know they're there) and have done for as long as i can remember. I've puzzled over what it could be, but since i've never known anyone to die, i've had no idea. My latest theory is a guardian angel. I could see if it is stronger around 3am. I tend to talk to it (i hate calling it an it, but i can't tell if it's male or female. maybe angels don't have genders) more late at night, but i've always figured that's coz no one else is around.

i feel the presence of another person often too.
and i don't necessarily believe in the witching hour, i really don't know.
but it would be cool to test it out. i'd be much too scared myself.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
March 26th, 2009 at 12:35pm
From the first time my mum asked me who i was talking to, I've thought i was the only one who felt it, but i've mentioned it on a couple of message boards now and other people have said they've felt it too, so maybe it is common, maybe everyone has one, but some feel it stronger than others for whatever reason.
Skippy.
Always Born a Crime
Skippy.
March 27th, 2009 at 03:07am
^ maybe. im guessing the ones who do feel it stronger are the ones who actually believe.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
March 27th, 2009 at 01:04pm
Could be. But according to my mum i've talked to it since i could talk, and when you're that young you don't think about that kind of thing.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 15th, 2009 at 08:57pm
Yeah this thread hasn't been posted in a while. But I'm not sure if I said that I saw dark figures moving out of the corners of my eyes. It was when we first moved to my old house, and after a while they stopped. I know someone who owned the house died, and apparantly he loved the house.

Something similar to that happened today when I was watching a tribute video on YouTube for someone who committed suicide. I think I looked at a picture of the girl, I'm not sure, but all of a sudden I saw this shimmery light above my bed out of the corner of my eye. When I looked it was gone. I'm not sure if it was my eyes messing with me or not, but once it happened I felt different. Not nessasarily startled, but just... different. I still feel strange, and that was hours ago. Come to think of it, whenever I think of her I change moods. It's interesting. I didn't even know her.
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
July 1st, 2009 at 01:27am
mgmt.::
the witching hour, around 3am is supposedly the time when spirits are most active.

The most "active" time for activity is generally recognized as 2100 to 0600.
Paranormal activity is believed to be closely associated with high Electromagnetic Fields, and both AC and DC are believed to have an effect on activity. This includes geomagnetic electric fields. The closer the moon is to the earth, and also the stage in the lunar cycle ("New" and "Full" moons have the greatest effect) then the higher the geomagnetic field. On top of that, there is also an increased chance of paranormal activity during Geomagnetic Storms and M and X class solar flares. These solar flares ionize the earth's atmosphere, which in turn will raise something called the "Magnetic Flux", the product of the average magnetic field times the perpendicular area that it penetrates. This causes higher electrical charges in all objects and living things that can carry an electrical current. This is important, as "ghosts" are believed to be able to take energy not only from natural EM fields, but energy generated from man-made objects as well. The best example of this would be batteries. Often, when people report paranormal activity, they also report batteries in household objects such as flashlights, cameras, and cell phones, will go from full charge to dead in just a few seconds before or during the activity which takes place. It is believed the "ghosts" use this extra source of energy when they try to manifest or communicate via physical "disturbances".

Cold spots are also believed to be a similar phenomena. Almost always reported to occur immediately before paranormal phenomena, it is commonly thought that "Cold Spots", or localized areas of a temperature significantly lower than that of the surrounding environment, are "ghosts" or another similar entity, using the heat energy in the air in the same manner that they would use the energy in the batteries. Which would be to manifest in some manner.

I hope this makes at least some sense of the "witching hour".
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
July 1st, 2009 at 10:02am
diamond girl:

I watch and love that show. None of the Hollywood crap added to it.
MCRmusicmonster
Really Not Okay
MCRmusicmonster
November 2nd, 2009 at 05:25pm
Every time some one takes a pic of me there are ALWAYS orbs floating around me. Sometimes its just one but sometimes it's many.
CinemaSpeaks
Bleeding on the Floor
CinemaSpeaks
May 22nd, 2011 at 04:20pm
Starts humming "Ghost Hunters" theme really loudly.

I love the paranormal. I don't necessarilly believe in ghosts untill concrete evidence is found. But i do believe that something is going on and it fascinates me.
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
May 23rd, 2011 at 10:41am
I love the paranormal and truly believe in it
Some of this stuff scares the hell out of me. I've had a few encounters with it, and I know other people who have also.
The recent one that happened to me, was a few weeks ago.
My cousin apparantly has ghosts in his house. well this one time, I was in his room, and well he was on the bed sleeping. I was using his computer, and his chair is faced near a wall, and my back was to the door of his room. Well i was just surfing the net, when I felt a couple of times like i was being watched, and each time i would turn to the door, there was nothing there. Then after a while, i finally stopped turning back, but then, all of a sudden, I felt this stare, like it was burning my back, it was really intense, and strange. So i turn around, and nothing is there. it gave me the creeps, but I didn't think much about it till later. Never have I felt that in my life. and sometimes, they hear footsteps in his house. or sometimes the tv will turn on by itself. I've been there to see that happen, his tv has no timer, and the remote control is never around someone. sooo yeah.
CinemaSpeaks
Bleeding on the Floor
CinemaSpeaks
May 24th, 2011 at 05:05pm
I don't get the limestone and paranormal activity theory. How is being in a high limestone area supposed to increase the paranormal activity?
Its 'effing Vonda!
Fabulous Killjoy
Its 'effing Vonda!
May 30th, 2011 at 02:46am
Oh, heres another account of the paranormal in my family.

My mother was working in a nursing home once and anyone that has worked in a nursing home knows how much nurses talk about anything and everything. They got on the subject of a little ghost boy that shows up whenever a patient was about to die. My mom, being one to believe that ghosts and such don't exist, of course didn't believe a word of it. She was working the late night shift one night and she was doing rounds making sure the patients were alright and so on. She turned around to make sure she had shut a patients door all the way and there was a little boy standing in front of the door looking up at her. She thought at first it was a visitor but she remembered it was almost 4 in the morning. The patient died the next morning and she quit soon after. She told me though, that she believed it was an angel in the form of a little boy, because elderly people always seem to feel comfortable around children.

As for the above post, I've always heard that certain things like limestone deposits in the area under the house or building increases the chance for poltergeists. I don't know how true it is, but it's what I've always heard.

Also, the people asking about Ouija boards, I have before with an old friend of mine. We ended up contacting her grandmother who had recently passed away. At least I think we did...I think she was moving the glass on me to try and freak me out. Haha.
beyond the grave;
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
beyond the grave;
June 8th, 2011 at 08:47am
do unicorns count as paranormal?
if not i LOVE vampires
Kick Start My Heart
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kick Start My Heart
June 14th, 2011 at 03:28pm
Not so sure how the limestone thing would work, then again I have read that old floor boards attract poltergeists too. Probably just an assumption, I don't see how anybody could tell

While on holiday in Greece about four years ago I had a pretty weird experience, I was in bed in the hotel and I woke up during the night and I was being shaken really violently. I'm still not sure if it was a dream but I was wide awake while it happened, I don't know how else to explain it.

Last year when I was living with an ex boyfriend there were so many scary things that happened in that house. For instance if we were downstairs we would hear footsteps running upstairs, doors used to slam and people who came to stay always said they felt like they were being followed as they left the house.

Another time while my ex was on the phone to his dad, we both heard a loud breathing noise comming through the phone and asked his dad was it him but he hadn't even heard the noise.

The scariest incident by far was when we came back to the house we were sitting in the living room and heard a door slam upstairs, its scared us so much! My ex went upstairs to check it out and discovered the shower and one of the taps were running, that scared me so much.

I watch all those ghost hunting shows and think a lot of them are pretty much scripted (Derek Acorah anyone?!). I'm really fascinated by the paranormal so I'm glad to have experienced what I did even if it did terrify me
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
June 15th, 2011 at 02:59pm
My friend helps his mum clean this really old hall by a church in my local town. He said that when the two of them are there, the inside doors start slamming and things get moved around when they are the only two people there. He hears all of these weird noises and groans coming from the corners of the rooms.

He's tried filming in the main hall bit where most of this stuff occurs. He put a camera above the fireplace and left it there for two hours while him and his mum went out. They had the keys and no one had a spare. They came back and the camera was on the floor with the battery in it half way across the room. We were watching some of the footage it recorded and it gradually went all buzzy, getting louder like someone was walking towards it and then it just cut out.

It was so damn freaky. We are going to go down there sometime to explore.