Don't have an account? Create one!

04/19/2008 + 04/20/2008 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore.

AuthorMessage
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 15th, 2008 at 07:11am
One weeeekkk! =D
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 15th, 2008 at 08:31am
less than, just a couple days - drats I need two more tixs for 4/19
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 18th, 2008 at 04:51pm
few days.
(takes deep breath)
anyone else going?
smith
Shotgun Sinner
smith
April 18th, 2008 at 05:36pm
TOMORROW.

What time are you all arriving?

xD I think I've posted too much in this thread so I'm sorry for that
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 18th, 2008 at 07:39pm
PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES EVERYONE!
;DD

*will stop being so obsessive* xD

Oh my god, my family and I went downtown today and we were right in front of Hart Plaza, which is where Woodward starts, and I almost grabbed the wheel from my dad and turned down Woodward so that we could pass by the State Theatre Fillmore. I'm such a dork. x]]
Xxtotheend17xX
Killjoy
Xxtotheend17xX
April 19th, 2008 at 03:00pm
im going to the 20th show and i was wondering how early i should show up since its a small venue its hard to tell...it starts at 6 so i was thinkin like 11..any suggestions
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 19th, 2008 at 05:10pm
Amber St.:
Holly Way:
but what happened at the vegas show?!?!?!?!
(Even though it's already been answered....) This isn't the right place to talk about it (I don't think) but some guy ran on stage and over towards Frank, then Gerard picked up his bottle of Ben Gay and stuffed it in his pocket for the rest of the show. xD

There's better discussion in the Rumours thread. :]

thx
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 19th, 2008 at 05:14pm
miss mcr:
how can u see/meet them if u dont have a backstage pass? any1 know???

try waiting by their bus after the show (it may be a few hours)
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 19th, 2008 at 05:15pm
heyy are we doing anything to identify ourselves as INOers??
we should all write INO on our arms and say hi if we see each other lol that would be kool, who in??
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 19th, 2008 at 05:16pm
does anyone know if we are allowed cameras????
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 20th, 2008 at 06:27am
I was proud of the kids at the show last night, except for a few -- great crowd
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 20th, 2008 at 07:17am
can i bring my camera???
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 20th, 2008 at 07:28am
No and don't bring a purse if you don't have to.
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 20th, 2008 at 07:51am
what happens if i bring my camera??
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 20th, 2008 at 10:02am
They will take it or tell you to get rid of it. Also, security was going up to people taking cell phone pixs and telling them to stop - no pictures or recordings period!
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 20th, 2008 at 11:14am
wickedjulesesq:
They will take it or tell you to get rid of it. Also, security was going up to people taking cell phone pixs and telling them to stop - no pictures or recordings period!
Damn.
No pictures for me, then....

=[[

Now I really wish that I could've gone....

--------

Would anyone like to give me a full lowdown of what happened last night? Anything special/noteworthy? : DD
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 20th, 2008 at 11:29am
sure i will, im also gonna try bringing my camera, wish me luck
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
April 20th, 2008 at 11:30am
anyone have the setlist? (jumps up and down for tonight)
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
April 20th, 2008 at 11:43am
Holly Way:
sure i will, im also gonna try bringing my camera, wish me luck
Wow Awesome! I can't wait! Very Happy

And good luck with that, hopefully they won't steal it away from you. ;]
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
April 20th, 2008 at 04:44pm
ieroismyhomeboy:
anyone have the setlist? (jumps up and down for tonight)

A couple kids near me (I was in second / third row of people for the whole show, t'was amazing) got the setlist, but it's totally incorrect. Like, they didn't follow it at ALL. xD

Anyways, since I have nothing to do with my time, I'll see if I can give a lowdown for the show on the 19th.

The first person in line was there at 8am the day before the show. Yeah, I know. It's nuts. I was with people who got there at 430am the day of. Anyways, we were a bout 20 or so people back. So blah blah, it was a long wait, and at one point there were some fangirls who ran over to the buses and watched / screamed / took pictures as the boys got out of the bus and went into the venue. After that, there was no real excitement that I could tell, and I didn't hear of anybody meeting the guys on the streets at all. At a couple points you could hear them doing soundcheck pretty clearly, which was awesome.

When they let us in, at least my group, it was COMPLETE and utter chaos. LIke, it was absolutely fucking ridiculous. Some of the fans were being really rude to each other, which was sad. There was a mad scramble to get to the door (the line up was on a side street right next to the venue), so a lot of people who had gotten there later than some of the people in front (like me) ended up getting baricade while the rest of us were stuck in second / third row. The girl who got there at 8am the previous day didn't even get barrier. Most of the people at the front of the line didn't, which was bullshit, but oh well, there was nothing we could do about it. That was the biggest downside of that show -- getting in and not getting the spot that you deserved because some other idiots decided to sprint to the door and push and shove.

Once everybody was in, we were all packed like sardines. I mean, literally, I have never spent that much time pressed up against another person in my entire life. The Fillmore's a pretty small venue, though, so that was to be expected. People like me who were in the front few rows basically got crushed, though. It was the people in the middle of the pit doing most of the shoving forward, I think.

Drive By went on on time, and they had a pretty dull set, from a crowd perspective. I mean, there was a little shoving, but no one I could see was singing along or anything. The only real screaming that happened throughout the whole thing was when they came on (because hell, we just wanted SOMETHING to start) and whenever they namedropped My Chem. xD After Drive By, we waited another 5 - 10 minutes and then Billy Talent came on. This was funny, because there was a pretty big Canadian crowd there (myself included!), and Billy Talent is Canadian. At one point the girl in front of me threw her Canadian flag on stage and Ben (vocalist) hung it up over an amp. They were really good, anyway, and there was a good bit of the crowd singing along this time because of all the Canadians. x] Ben was also complaining that he really wanted a Tim Horton's coffee and he couldn't get it.

My Chem made us wait about 20 torturous minutes while they set things up. And believe me, it was an AWFUL wait. We were squished even closer than we had been orginally, to the point that nobody could move at all, pretty much. Once they got on, everybody basically just went insane, as usual. At one point somebody threw this yellow with some kind of drawing on it hat-ish thing, and Gerard was like "Dude, you know what? I actually really wanted this. Like, I almost never want what people throw on stage for me, but I really wanted this." Then he also said something about a MacBook Pro and how he wanted one of those, ahahaha. Gee said they're taking a 6 - 7 month break then making a new album, for the record. Oh, and they played Headfirst for Halos. ^___^ Everybody went absolutely nuts, it was great.

Songs they played (to the best of my memory, and only somewhat in order):
Sleep
Dead!
Cemetery Drive
House of Wolves
Heaven Help Us
Disappear
Hang 'Em High
Welcome to the Black Parade
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Mama
My Way Home Is Through You
Ghost of You
Headfirst for Halos
Teenagers
I'm Not Okay
Famous
Prison
I Don't Love You
Cancer
Desert Song
Helena

Aha the first one and the last three are right for sure, the rest are just guesstimates.

Wow, I just posted that and totally forgot a crucial part. Duh, duh, duh. Frankie came out and signed stuff afterwards. There was a line up of like 200+ kids, and he came out and signed whatever, gave you a hug if you asked, etc. Everybody at the signing seemed to be EXTREMELY respectful. Like, there wasn't any screaming at all. I don't think anybody else came out and signed after that. Mikey and Ray disappeared in a van before the signing even started, and I never saw Gerard or Bob come out since we left after Frankie had signed our stuff.