Don't have an account? Create one!

04/19/2008 + 04/20/2008 - Detroit, MI - The Fillmore.

AuthorMessage
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
April 22nd, 2008 at 12:53am
wickedjulesesq:

you were talking about medhi- ive heard people talk about him a bunch of times, is he this guy?

ive always wondered that...
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
April 22nd, 2008 at 07:26am
Xxtotheend17xX:
on sunday im not sure the exact order but they played WTTBP,teenagers,i dont love you,hang 'em high,headfirst for halos,teenagers.mama,kill all your friends,my way home is through you,a little snipit from vampires before they played thank you for the venom,helena,prison,cancer,house of wolves,famous last words,DEAD!,give em hell kid.....i heard they played desert song the night before which makes me sad cause i love that one....

thx!
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
April 22nd, 2008 at 08:06am
Cherub Rock:
wickedjulesesq:

you were talking about medhi- ive heard people talk about him a bunch of times, is he this guy?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2d0dj47.jpg

Yep that's him Very Happy
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
April 22nd, 2008 at 02:32pm
caroline in the city:
question -

On Saturday what was Gerard talking about?
He's said "Oh I saw you guys in line with those and really wanted one."
I couldn't see what it was

It was this, like, yellow hat thing that had some kind of drawing on it. I think it was supposed to be a bee or something? The kids who threw it were pretty close to me in the pit, a bit further back though, so I got to see it but I didn't get a really super clear view of what it was. And I think what he (Gerard) said was "You know what's funny? I actually really wanted this. Like, I almost never want what people throw on stage for me, but I really wanted this!"
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
April 22nd, 2008 at 02:59pm
>.> *lurks*
I'm happy and mad that it looks like Frank is the only one coming out to m/g.
I mean, if I had to pick one, I would pick Frank 'cause I respect him the most and he has the biggest heart [I think] but it's like... why would you do this tour to be "closer" the the fans or to recapture the old days if you aren't actually going to meet your fans?
=\

And were cameras allowed by the buses? I've heard at some other shows the security was saying 'no cameras or they go back on the bus' O.O
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
April 22nd, 2008 at 05:01pm
^Yeah, it was the same thing on Saturday. They weren't allowing pictures and people with cameras out were being taken out of the line.
dfgdfgsdfh
Bleeding on the Floor
dfgdfgsdfh
April 22nd, 2008 at 06:07pm
mother superior:
Cherub Rock:
wickedjulesesq:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2d0dj47.jpg

Yep that's him Very Happy

ah ok thanks. i thought so
i always just referred to him as 'the nice security guy' in my head

xD
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
April 22nd, 2008 at 06:12pm
Fireplug.:
>.> *lurks*
I'm happy and mad that it looks like Frank is the only one coming out to m/g.
I mean, if I had to pick one, I would pick Frank 'cause I respect him the most and he has the biggest heart [I think] but it's like... why would you do this tour to be "closer" the the fans or to recapture the old days if you aren't actually going to meet your fans?
=\

And were cameras allowed by the buses? I've heard at some other shows the security was saying 'no cameras or they go back on the bus' O.O

Yes, but you also have to respect the fact that they're all very tired from touring. After playing yet another show, having been touring for 2 years, would you really want to come out and meet potentially screaming fans? I know I wouldn't. It's not like the owe it to us to come out, after giving one hell of a show in a much more INTIMATE setting. That's the main thing about this tour. There's a huge difference between seeing them live in an arena and live in a venue like The Fillmore.

And hey, Frankie was actually allowed to give hugs at the m / g I was at, so that's definitely an improvement.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
April 24th, 2008 at 05:23pm
aw, venom vampires AND kill all your friends??
that reallly sucks....wanted to see it live. ( the 20th)
i went the 19th and was supossed to go the 20th too, but lucky me had an anxiety attack that snuck up on me somehow and i spent my time in the emergency room because i was blacking out and going numb, of course not knowing what it was...not that i should really be broadcasting this but oh well.
whatever the cause of it was will never be forgiven and i still haven't gotten over it >=[
the fillmore. last show in detroit. show 2 of 2 and they'll probably never play here twice again or in such a small place. it's lovely to be me at this point in time. also, my sister couldn't go with me originally, but yesterday ( the 23rd) she went to check her email cuz it hadn't been working for a while and she had actually WON the 2 tickets through the drive by contest for show number 2. we stared in disbelief and figured that god wasn't happy with us that day.

BUT
saturday was pretty much the best day of my life, that show was SOOOO good, i'll also have to add in how great the crowd was. even gerard commented. the security guys were assholes though, for the most part, not to sound too bitter, but come on. people were calling their friends so they could hear the show and in come the security guards into the crowd to tell them to put their phones away. nobody listened regardless... (i was on the floor right in front off to the left) surprised they let us keep them out for the ghost of you and cancer. HA =D
i wish i would've stuck around for frank =[
the father wanted to leave though....and i thought i'd be back the next night anyway.
and alicia was at the bar. lord did i miss out on meeting some people...
billy talent was sooo good. it was nice actually being able to see them live and all of drive by signed my drive by hoodie. some guy took our boa too, apparently gerard is sick of them. after the show my sister's like "hey there's that guy with our boa!" kinda funny. to the people who made the bee hats, that was amazing, too bad gerard didn't wear it, but mikey did for about 3 seconds right before teenagers[who was that guy who came out to play the other guitar?] i saw you guys in line...apparently gerard did too =]
creeper haha!! at the very least after all was said and done, i got my 20 free song downloads off itunes, helped that guy get back to canada and got my mikey shirt along with 130 something other dollars of merch. i spend WAY too much money at these events...it was a very good night, and a GREAT venue to play at. nice choice guys =)
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
May 1st, 2008 at 05:12pm
Xstar-crossed-loverX:
"This sock?, i don't need...you can have that back!!"
-Gerard
xFebruary 28, 2007-JOE LOUIS ARENAx

XD Omg,,,DETROIT SOCK CITY!!!
and there was a meet and greet after the detroit shows?!
D=
Damn hospital! I cant belive it...

But I went to the Sunday show, and I dont think it was THAT bad. Then again, I was so friken excited that I really didnt notice the people around me.
I was right at the bar and it tried to kill me because I was so small but it was worth it^^
I think that was honnestly the greatest night of my life though...when Gerard came and stood in front of me, I made a heart with my hands and waved and I swear he smiled at me^^ lol
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
Killjoy
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
May 2nd, 2008 at 02:47pm
YO does anybody have pics from the show on the 19th? LOL the securety was being a bunch of douches, but did anybody manage to get any?
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
May 6th, 2008 at 07:10pm
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe:
YO does anybody have pics from the show on the 19th? LOL the securety was being a bunch of douches, but did anybody manage to get any?
i have some extremely bad ones on my phone!! along with video...my friend and i didn't have much luck in that department. we were sitting there in modern world history the other day and she went to go look at a text message. the wallpaper on her phone was a black background with a blurry white vertical blob, otherwise known as gerard....so yeah, hopefully someone somehow has pictures =]
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
Killjoy
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe
May 7th, 2008 at 02:28pm
haha awh shittay, yeh, hopefully some will be out ther! Very Happy
MomEyeView
Killjoy
MomEyeView
May 8th, 2008 at 11:33am
I was in the front row of the balcony on Sunday. Watching the inevitable group of people pushing forward and moshing was why I snagged the balcony! There is always one group wild boys on the floor that makes it hard for everyone else to enjoy the show. Getting squished and pushed is part of main floor general admission nowadays which sucks. When will they see that moshing and surfing with a crowd of teens is sooooo 1990's! I took my 14 year old daughter and her best friend (I knew her mom would never take her!) and that was our favorite MCR show compared to seeing them at Joe Louis and Projekt Revolution-such an awesome venue. As a Mom who loves to rock and loves MCR-there's nothing like a "Mama" and "Teenagers" family sing-a-long! Keep your mosh pit to yourself.
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
May 8th, 2008 at 05:22pm
YO does anybody have pics from the show on the 19th? LOL the security was being a bunch of douches, but did anybody manage to get any?

I don't have any from the 19th show but I have two and a half videos (ones where Gerard was on the other side of the stage so hes kinda small)and two pictures er, five pictures but only two are semi decent from the 20th show.
There are also a lot of videos from the 19th on youtube.
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
May 12th, 2008 at 05:19pm
anyone have the exact setlist for the 20th show? i was so surprised they played I never told you..it was the best MCR show id ever been to.
Gerard Wa-HEY!
Jazz Hands
Gerard Wa-HEY!
May 14th, 2008 at 08:30am
SoWhyDontYouBlowMe:

Well in my quest for looking for pictures for the 20th show I found about five professional ones from the 19th and a video. There's also a Drive By interview on Youtube from the 19th.
I'm having a stupid moment....but when I remember where I found the pictures do you want me to send them to you?
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
May 19th, 2008 at 03:54pm
gah!
it's already/only been a month!?
CRAZY.
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
August 1st, 2008 at 04:13pm
i was goin to go to that concert but i couldnt so if some 1 can tell me when they go back on tour and come to michigan or close to mi thanks
V-Starr
Killjoy
V-Starr
December 5th, 2008 at 04:57pm
Hey, I was there on 4/19, better know as The Best Day Ever! Did anyone made Gee a gift or something because his Birthday was the week before? I saw Frank and OMG He took my heart! I juust wish we could take pics at least with Frank but I might see him again if my parents will let me see Leathermouth.