Don't have an account? Create one!

04/22/2008 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Theatre

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 23rd, 2008 at 03:13am
OMG--Gee gave the mic and stand a hand job? Lord, I'm sorry I missed that. Lol, did the cop give your camera back? And that's so great that they played "Desert Song;" I hope they play it in Columbus when I go.
TMS
Killjoy
TMS
April 23rd, 2008 at 03:35am
This was my ninth time seeing MCR tonight and I couldn't help but relive the first time I saw them almost four years ago opening for Story Of The Year and Lostprophets in this very room where my love first started. Really good show but not the best and the merch was god awful. About a 95 minute set.

Intro [Karate Kid Theme]
This Is How I Disappear
Dead!
Cemetery Drive
My Way Home Is Through You
House Of Wolves
Welcome To The Black Parade
Kill All Your Friends
Hang 'Em High
Headfirst For Halos
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
I Don't Love You
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Mama
You What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison
Teenagers
Venom
Famous Last Words
Cancer
---Keyboard Solo---
Desert Song
Desolation Row [Bob Dylan Cover]
Helena
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 23rd, 2008 at 10:03am
the show was really good, but yeah i have to agree, not their best. I couldn't take my eyes of gerard Very Happy
I was SO pissed about the signing lies at the end. god, no one in the agora knows what the hell they're doing.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 11:51am
arghhhh I can't believe I missed it!! >.< I really wish I could've seen Gerard...
well, I have another to go see them. aren't they coming to pittsburgh in may?
hey, why did the cop take your camera and delete the pic?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 23rd, 2008 at 12:59pm
What do you mean by the "signing lies"? Did they tell you that the band would sign autographs, but then they didn't, or what?

Oh, and thanks for that song list. I'm so glad that all my favorites are on it. (Even Headfirst for Haloes!)

But why wasn't it their best, just out of curiosity? What's different? This'll be my second concert (I live in the middle of effing nowhere), so I've not much experience with these things.
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 03:49pm
because we werent aloud to have cameras or whatever and they went through all of my sisters pics on her phone and told her to delete them or they would do it themselves
yeah they did give it back at the end
there was a line with about 15 people waiting for stuff
i didnt really like the merch either
ohh yeahh and i swear to god during this is how i disappear gerard looked right at me and smiled and during venom mikey looked at me all confused like
TMS
Killjoy
TMS
April 23rd, 2008 at 04:02pm
Solitary Style.:
What do you mean by the "signing lies"? Did they tell you that the band would sign autographs, but then they didn't, or what?

Oh, and thanks for that song list. I'm so glad that all my favorites are on it. (Even Headfirst for Haloes!)

But why wasn't it their best, just out of curiosity? What's different? This'll be my second concert (I live in the middle of effing nowhere), so I've not much experience with these things.

I wasn't "feeling" it as much as I had the first six times I saw them (nothing will ever, ever compare to the first time I saw the band, live in front me - o' man!), the last two times I saw them (The Bamboozle 2007 and Projekt Revolution Tour 2007) I felt the same way. Granted at 'Boozle I know that is when they all were coming down from being sick and PR I was all the way on the lawn but still. I thought The Black Parade was a great album and when I saw them on the first headlining Black Parade tour (with Rise Against) and they had the whole stage show and TBP gimmick in full force, it was nothing sort of a great show and one of my favorites but the gimmick has worn off on me now and I know The Black Parade is "dead" but I just wish there wasn't 11 TBP/TBP b-sides played and more of TCRSW and Bullet played. The band sounded solid regardless of their few mess ups and Gerard's voice was as strong as ever (he has really come along way as a live singer in four years) but like I said I just couldn't get in to it like I use to and I guess, sad but true, MCR doesn't mean nearly as much to me as they use to.

Also, I want to comment on the whole camera topic: It's complete bullshit. There were signs all over the place that said "no cameras" blah, blah, blah and they made various announcements about it before they opened the doors but the fact that the security guards were taking peoples cell phones and cameras away is ridiculous regardless of weather you got them back or not. I don't see what the big deal with taking pictures of a band is. I remember at the Wolstein Center show last year the girl behind me was taking pictures and one of the guys working came over to her, ripped her camera out of her hand and took her memory card. How is that right?
lazarus
Killjoy
lazarus
April 23rd, 2008 at 04:48pm
i had a great time! didnt so much like being on the floor as everyone kept pushing with no apparent reasons even between bands so i enjoyed mcr from the balcony. the camera police sucked, was it the band that didnt want any photos taken so badly? things have definitely changed since i was at the agora last.
ryanxslabaugh
Killjoy
ryanxslabaugh
April 23rd, 2008 at 05:50pm
lazarus:
i had a great time! didnt so much like being on the floor as everyone kept pushing with no apparent reasons even between bands so i enjoyed mcr from the balcony. the camera police sucked, was it the band that didnt want any photos taken so badly? things have definitely changed since i was at the agora last.
My friends were at the Agora for the Unseen than a few days later for Anti-Flag and she said it was probably because Mcr is so much bigger than the other bands and the people at the Agora didn't want you selling the pictures you took for money which i think is bs.

But other than that the show was amazing.
I lost my friend at the beginning of the show though because she is short and we sorta drifted apart and i didn't find her for like 20 minutes after the show was over and she didn't have a cell phone.

Ugh there was this one creeper that goes to my school that was at the show and he says he is in love with them but he knows like 3 songs and there all the singles from the black parade and he has the black parade tour shirt and he didn't even go to the the black parade tour concert!
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:10pm
whoa, they took away the cameras and phones just cuz you took PICS of them? that's fucked up! They could atleast let you take pics, for memories, you know? a couple people said that there were riots that broke out and they cancelled the autographs and shit.
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:16pm
yeahh and i didnt remember what kinda camera i had so they almost didnt let me have it back
like i described it amd everything but i couldnt remember the brand so they tried to keep it
one of the girls in the camera line got hers taken because she took a pic of the background before the band was even out!
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:19pm
Julia Goolia:
yeahh and i didnt remember what kinda camera i had so they almost didnt let me have it back
like i described it amd everything but i couldnt remember the brand so they tried to keep it
one of the girls in the camera line got hers taken because she took a pic of the background before the band was even out!
what the hell are they doing up there? that's utter bullshit. you don't think the band asked for that, do you?
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:22pm
i dont think so
but it was fucking crazy they took peoples phones who didnt even have any pictures at all
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:28pm
that's not fair. I would think that they're not allowed to do that shit. did they let people in with bachstage passes and sign autographs?
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:35pm
i thought they couldnt go through all of my pics and delete the one picture of Frank that i had and one from something not even related
MCR at all
i dont think they signed autographs
i left kinda early so im not sure
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:43pm
^^the whole signing thing was COMPLETE bull shit. every 5 minutes for about an hour the agora staff would switch from "they'll be out in a few" to "they're not coming out at all." it made me so mad.

oh i guess no one really had backstage passes... i know this only because i was in the guest list line... and there was a shit load of complications with that, and i saw that the only people w/ back stage passes were people that worked there or were techies for the band.

and the freaking camera police were nothing short of REDICULOUS. they were shining flash lights on people from the balcony to find the people w/ cameras. my friend brought a camera in and managed to get a few pics, but they were all really blurry b/c she didn't use flash.

as far as the music, frank did seem slightly off... gerard seemed... hmm i can't find a perfect way to describe this... crap. help me out?
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:47pm
my boyfriend said that they do that because they don't want people to seel it or some shit and like the band will lose money or something like that, I don't know...
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:52pm
shit, they didn't come out at all?! what the fuck!

did gerard seem kind of.... distracted? I wasn't there, so...
blunthausen
Really Not Okay
blunthausen
April 23rd, 2008 at 06:59pm
hmmm....maybe?
im not sure what word to use
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
April 23rd, 2008 at 07:07pm
maybe he was distracted, or something, I dunno. was he enthusiastic, or, you know, hyper?