Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 15th, 2008 at 12:14am
Lol. Exactly. Which was annoying for me, cause I liked them before they got big here. Then they finally got here and everyone knew about them. I was all "Nuuu, back off, they're mine!"

A lot of people don't like the new album. Which suits me just fine. The concerts are overrun by teenies as it is.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 15th, 2008 at 12:39am

^ I agree 100%

I got my ticket in the mail today ;D
It says on it that there will be no cameras or recording devices allowed, for anybody interested.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
April 15th, 2008 at 02:30am
While I was at school this morning I kept checking on Ticketek to see if they would sell out.
Then I got home and checked again, and they still haven't.

asha molly.:

^ I agree 100%

Yes
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
April 15th, 2008 at 02:41am
I'm feeling kind of dubious about the panic concert... I have a feeling I'm going to hate it because their first one was phenomenal. And because I'm getting old I find that I really have no tolerance for most people under 18.
Having said that I'm bringing a 14yr old to the show with me, it's her first real concert so that's pretty exciting.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 15th, 2008 at 02:48am

Hopefully her excitement will be contagious lol.

And I am going to sound like such an idiot here, considering I'm only 19,
but I agree with your lack of tolerance for under 18's xD
18+ gigs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all ages.

Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
April 15th, 2008 at 02:52am
definitely. even at all ages gigs where they have the over 18's area is good... even though you have to sacrifice being right up front.
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
April 15th, 2008 at 03:42am
yeah same, i liked panic before the first clip even came out and when i'd play it people would be like, 'am what crap' but then once i write sns came out everyone was like 'lfkjgfgg lyk how gud ish thus b4nD!!on1eone!shift!"

eugh >.> i'm sucha whingy old person lmfao

[/spam]
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 15th, 2008 at 03:55am
asha molly.:

Hopefully her excitement will be contagious lol.

And I am going to sound like such an idiot here, considering I'm only 19,
but I agree with your lack of tolerance for under 18's xD
18+ gigs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all ages.

dude, im 17 and i have a lack of tolerance for people under 18. there was so many kids in the city today because of school holidays. they were all rather annoying. especially the 13 year old scene kids. their quite entertaining though.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 15th, 2008 at 03:59am
^^ That happened to me, too. At my 16th birthday party I was playing Fall Out Boy and EVERYONE was like "what's this shit, put on some real music." I told them to go fuck themselves (but a tad politer) because it was my party and I could play whatever I wanted. Now they all claim to be fans. I want to kill them.

I have the same hate of teenies. The problem with under 18 concerts is that half the people are 12-15 year olds who don't have a brain between them. They like the band because they're the next big thing, but ask them to name a song before whichever album it is that's getting played on mainstream and they wont have a clue. Yet they'll pretend they're the biggest fanz ever just cause they Wikied a few facts before coming to the concert. But so much as mention the word 'teenie' and they will gang up on you like a pack of hyenas, adamant that they are no such thing.

The worst lineup of my life was Fall Out Boy. Both times. I had seats for my first P!ATD concert, so I've never encountered the fans. But my guess is, being FBR teenies, they'll be exactly the same. I'm almost considering not lining up and just standing wherever's left. I figure I'm past the lining up thing.

Fuck. I feel old.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 15th, 2008 at 04:06am

You know what really shits me, when the 'fAnZ!!' that Rhiannon mentioned, the ones that just wiki a few things about the band, think they are so much better than everybody else who can't be fucked finding out the history of a band.
Seriously, if I like a band, I like them for the music. I can't be bothered finding out stuff about every single band I like, because I'd be here forever, yet just because I don't know a whole bunch of useless facts, they think they are more of a fan than me =/

[/rant]
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
April 15th, 2008 at 04:13am
^^^ that happened to me at big day out... when we were at Something With Numbers (who i've now seen 4 times) this annoying drunk girl kept flicking her overprocessed straw-like hair in my face and screaming "that guy went to my high school. yewww!" I've never been so close to physical violence... but when I asked her what her favourite song is she said "um, the lay me down one" (with blank expression and side head tilt) people.... they shit me.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 15th, 2008 at 04:28am
^^ I used to like finding out info on my favourite bands, watching interviews, reading stories, because I enjoyed it. It wasn't a competition. I just liked knowing where the music came from. I felt I owed it to the band to at least know their names. But now, it's much the same thing for me. I know and love so many bands of whom I don't even know the lead singer's name. But that's what happens when you go to as many gigs as I do, unfortunately. Particularly the local ones. Having said that, when you watch them that much, you get to know them better than any Wiki facts could possibly do. You get to know them, their stage personas.

I used to get annoyed by the continuous competitiveness. I still do to a degree, but largely, I ignore that. All that matters to me is how much I love the band. In my heart of hearts I know they could never possibly love the music more than me, so in the end I just laugh. That's why I like meeting fans who love them like I do. Fans who get it. It's magic.
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
April 15th, 2008 at 04:35am
I totally agree about the competitiveness... like "i knew them before you", and "i know them better" - its such bullshit. As much as i'd love to keep some bands to myself, it also makes me ecstatic to get other people into them and to see them succeed.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 15th, 2008 at 04:53am
i was in line once with my friend to see a myspace black curtain screening for some movie and this 14 year old girl in front of me challenged me to a game of 'how-well-do-you-know-MCR' (i cant even remember how the subject of MCR came about) and one of the questions she asked me was something like 'whats the name of Gerard's great grandfather?'. i was just like 'fuck off'.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 15th, 2008 at 04:56am
^^ Exactly. And half of those fans who pretend that they've been there from day dot have known them for about a month.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 15th, 2008 at 05:51am
Its disgusting isnt it? my god, anyone who tries to out Used me (I ACTUALLY have been a fan since day one) are always pathetic little 13/14 year olds who think the band members are hot and shit....my god. its pathetic.

"OMFGZ DO U KNOW DAN OMFG"

God just, die already. Like them for music, not the members Yes
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
April 15th, 2008 at 06:05am
Oh, rad as where'd you hear about Behind Crimson Eyes coming ot the Ax7/B4MV/Atreyu shows??

Wow, almost a whole page of spam.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 15th, 2008 at 06:10am
LMAO. If I judged bands solely on their members alone, I wouldn't be a massive The Used fan like I am. xDDD

Meantime. Mammal are doing a single launch on the 21st of June at Hi-Fi. And it's only 10 bucks. That's like the cheapest show I'll have ever been to at Hi-Fi.

P.S. I wouldn't call it spam. It's talking about tours and experiences with fans on tours. It's on topic. Just.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 15th, 2008 at 06:14am
asha molly.:

Edit;
Lulz, Amy, after I saw your post, I was trying to think of how I actually came to be friends with The Wahas, and I've finally remembered!
It was at Come Together last year, and my friends & I were lined up behind them to go on the Ferris Wheel, and we were talking about The Fratellis, and then Rupert was like 'duuuude The Fratellis own', and then we had lunch with them & hung around with them for pretty much the rest of the day/night.
Good times xD

that was random! did you even know you were lining up behind guys in a band? or was that how you got to know the Wahas?

off-topic, but yes Avril, I saw a bunch of scene kids in the city today cuz of holidays. Just...makes the streets a little more 'colourful'.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 15th, 2008 at 06:19am

Lol nope, I had no idea who they were xD

And Renee, BCE posted a few bulletins saying they were supporting A7X & BFMV, and I think it was on fasterlouder.com.au or some other site like that too.