Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
April 15th, 2008 at 06:39am
CAcT '-.-' tux:
off-topic, but yes Avril, I saw a bunch of scene kids in the city today cuz of holidays. Just...makes the streets a little more 'colourful'.

i saw these two ridiculous looking girls when i was waiting for the bus and i couldnt help thinking that when their much older and see photos of themselves at that age dressed like that, their gonna be like "WTF were we thinking?? we looked so stupid!".
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 15th, 2008 at 08:14am
i know! gotta love the full on scene kids. I was at a parkway drive show and saw these two scene girls with the clothes and the hair...ew...like srsly wtf is up with those racoon tail things?

and BCE with a7x..good choice....ill def be checking them out
i just hope bullet still come...
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
April 15th, 2008 at 08:17am
Guys, there's a shitload of spam on this thread, even if it does have some relevance to the tours you've been to in the past.
Please keep it to a minimum, because the same rules apply here as any where else. And you know the rules. Too much spam means threads get locked.
I don't wanna lock this thread, yeah?

On a lighter note, my friends and I were at the airport today, seeing off another friend, and were like, "OMG, IN 23 DAYS, WE WILL BE STANDING HERE WHEN A7X AND BFMV ARRIVE!!"
We're gonna make a kickass banner and everything. They're soooo wanna come back to Adelaide, you just wait, lmfao. =D
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 15th, 2008 at 08:25am
^nice idea! ive always wanted to wait at the airport for a band....as fan girly as it is lol
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
April 15th, 2008 at 08:28am
Lmfao, I'm practically stalking the band.
Adelaide is small enough that you can go to the airport and not even try, but meet a band anyway.
I know plenty of people that met Rage Against the Machine at the airport, but didn't intend to.
=D

Plus, I've got even more of an incentive, as my aunty works there and can tell exactly what time the guys will be landing in Adelaide from Sydney.
So I'm pumped, haha.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 15th, 2008 at 09:12am
Whos going to the Sydney A7X gig? I need someone to lineup with super early because I wanna lineup like 4 or 3am or something because I'm a barrier whore Mr. Green

and im a bit paranoid in the middle of Sydney alone..
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 15th, 2008 at 09:16am
^ yeah i would be too lol im going but i wont be lining up that early. cbf to be honest n i have to go to school. i hope u find someone though, but im sure youll be able to make some friends cause there'll prob be others doing the same. Its at hordern...so at least its not in the middle of the city or anything....
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
April 16th, 2008 at 03:38am
wow patd still hasn't sold out anywhere, not even panic pit.. how strange..
I'm glad though :p
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 16th, 2008 at 04:03am

They've sold out the non-alcohol reserved seating in Sydney lmfao xD
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 16th, 2008 at 04:09am
xDDD!!!!

I'm thinking about going, idk, I wont have the money till next week. I'm srsly thinking about it because i like The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 16th, 2008 at 04:27am
Eeep. Sydonia are supporting Mammal at their single launch. I'm so excited. They're awesome. Tickets went on sale today. I've got mine. Whee.

I've seen Mammal more than any other band or artist, yet I'm still craving seeing them.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 16th, 2008 at 04:37am
HARLOT !:
Lmfao, I'm practically stalking the band.
Adelaide is small enough that you can go to the airport and not even try, but meet a band anyway.
I know plenty of people that met Rage Against the Machine at the airport, but didn't intend to.
=D

Plus, I've got even more of an incentive, as my aunty works there and can tell exactly what time the guys will be landing in Adelaide from Sydney.
So I'm pumped, haha.

woah that is exciting! your aunty deserves 10 fat kisses for helping you Very Happy
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
April 16th, 2008 at 05:58am
i nearly cried this morning cause i got my TAI Panic ticket XD [i keep refering to it as a TAI show with panic and cobra]

ha i'm even wearing my FOB shirt and my infamous, Gabe Sex hoodie lmfao i fail at life...Gabe Sex hoodie called so because in the jumbled letters i conviently found the words "gabe" and "sex" on it during lectures cause i'm cool like that
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 16th, 2008 at 06:09am

Yayyy!
I got mine yesterday ;DDD

And I got tickets to see Grinspoon (and Children Collide, yay!!! and The Wahas lmfaoo) ;DDDDD
Well, I bought them, haven't actually got them yet lol
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
April 16th, 2008 at 06:26am
i dont know why i felt the need to post a picture but i'm happy, leave me be lmfao

*will stop spamming .... now ... ok, now*
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
April 16th, 2008 at 08:15am
My dad is going to pick the tickets up from the city box office place.
he better get them soon :p
p33tarded;:
i nearly cried this morning cause i got my TAI Panic ticket XD [i keep refering to it as a TAI show with panic and cobra]

lol Jaimee I do that as well
I just realised that in my msn name it says
The Academy Is + Panic at the Disco + Cobra Starship = August 23rd
and TAI are first xD

Edit: it's in the same order in your sig lmfao
gabriel gray;
Demolition Lover
gabriel gray;
April 16th, 2008 at 05:50pm
what can i say? TAI>Panic lmfao [more spamming, i'm sorry XD i'll shut up now]

edit and now to bring down the mood;
p33tarded;:
Northern Downpour.:
From patdonline.com:
Fan Club members who purchase General Admission tickets to the Australia and New Zealand shows will receive early entry to their shows. Northern Downpour will soon have a page up where fans can sign up to their respective dates. It appears that you can "sign up ONLY once and ONLY for the date you have purchased tickets". You don't need to have bought tickets through the fan club pre-sale to be qualified.

I'm crying right now. Seriously. I'm so disappointed. I can't afford to join Northern Downpour. And I was gonna be staying outside the venue the night before anyway. Now there's not even any point. ARGHHH. I can't believe it.

that's honestly really unfair. that's like buying your way to the front when people, like myself, were pysched out to be there at 3 am. tbh, i only wanted front for TAI, but i feel really bad for everyone. honestly, i dont love panic enough to join ND. i love panic and everything, but it's really unfair that you have to if you want front.

and yes i'm too lazy to type so i just quoted myself from the Panic thread.
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
April 16th, 2008 at 08:21pm
im not going to Panic
unfortunetly
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
April 16th, 2008 at 10:04pm
Because I wasnt happy with my review on Soundwave, I did ANOTHER ONE.

I was excited for this concert, Motion City Soundtrack, Saosin, Killswitch Engage and More! How could I stay away? Me and my friend arrived at about 10am (We usually lineup at smaller gigs tons earlier to get a good spot but since it was a festival and we'd be moving around a bit we didn't think we'd bother) So we waited under some trees and until i saw the line growing did I yank my friend over to the already huge line, when it hit 12 the line moved so slowly that we'd only move one or two steps every what seemed to be 20 minutes, the heat was really getting to us so we thought it was just because the line was so wide thats the reason it took so long but when we got to the gate there were only a little over 4 gates for over 10,000 people?! It was badly organized and once we got in we thought it was going to get better.

Once we got into the park we went straight to find out where the signing tickets were that we were told about via bulletin and no one was able to tell us. I went to the merch stand and asked them and they didn't know, apparently the people at stage 4 knew, what stage 4? None of the stages were marked and they weren't handing out maps. We must have missed Halifax's set by then so we wearily gave up and found a few friends and wandered over to Boys Like Girls (Myself catching a water bottle from the frontman and being so thirsty, taking a swig which later made me sick for weeks). The heat was getting unbearable so when their set ended we had to go sit down, listening to All Time Low in the background as we borrowed some sunscreen. I was already going red already but after we watched All Time Low We headed over for Plain White T's who put on a very good set, we got barrier and they didn't disappoint.

After that was another break, the taps in the busy route to Stage 1 and 2 from Stage 4 were becoming increasingly muddy and disgusting, people huddling under what shade they could find. I should have bought an umbrella because I was already burnt during Plain White T's. We wandered over to the barrier for Scary Kids Scaring Kids and they played an awesome set, I'm not much of a fan but the frontman Tyson had such energy. After SKSK of course was my long awaited Mindless Self Indulgence and they didn't dissapoint, Jimmy mockingly pretending to throw his jacket out and giving the hopeful fans the finger all gave us a good laugh.
After Mindless Self Indulgence we took another break before I hastily forgot about Motion City Soundtrack and did a quick dash down the hill to watch a few songs but already being exhausted as fuck I only stayed for my two favorite songs. After MCS we headed to Alexisonfire as a group and unlucky for us a circle pit appeared right next to us and the hardcore dancers started. I got half concussed and coudlnt breathe properly from all the dust from the dry ground kicked up. I lost my friends and I had to get out of there because I couldn't breathe. I stumbled wearily over to the medic tent where I got water and an apple because I was close to fainting.

Lucky for me the Singer for SKSK was around there and I chatted to him awhile, gaining my conciousness back. After I was well enough I headed over to Stage 3 alone to wait for Saosin but the band Infectious Grooves was on, I had never heard them before but I had an inkling it'd have some ska because of the guy from Suicidal was in there and Grooves gave me a hint. They played a pretty good set and got people jumping around, most unfortunately were there waiting for Saosin and weren't being too enthusiastic about it but when they got off the stage the anticipation was intense. I vowed to my friends we'd go to Killswitch Engage after I heard my favorite Saosin song and my friends found me at the Saosin stage.
After I had heard my favorite song (Lucky for me it was 3rd or 4th and the songs before it were also very loved ones for me) After that we did the long hike to stage 5 where Killswitch had just started. They pumped out an amazing set but I was surprised the pit wasn't as heavy as expected, I got more beaten around in Alexisonfire. After their set, sunburnt, dehydrated, hungry and weary we walked out of the venue picking up a free bag of stuff they were giving out and got home.

The sunburn took 3 weeks to heal properly with many blisters (I had the Mindless Self Indulgence sideshow to go to, 2 days after Sounwave if I can recall and Matt from Madina Lake I was talking to couldn't believe how horribly sunny it was)

Overall, the bands were fantastic, the organizing was not. Next Soundwave, Shade tents, better placed taps, free copies of maps and please have stages marked Smile
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 16th, 2008 at 10:07pm
I'd been debating the whole to line up/to not line up thing for P!ATD. That just settled it. I'm not lining up.

That's bullshit.

I'll stand where I stood for My Chem the time I couldn't go mosh cause of my surgery. It's still an amazing view.