50/50 Chance
Heads you live
Tails You Die
^^this is the choking game.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
April 25th, 2008 at 01:24pm
Is this not basically self-harm disguised as a fun game? Deliberatly damaging your self in order to get some sort of release? I can see why someone might do it in the quiet of their room, as having been knocked unconcious, those 30 seconds were the best 30 seconds of my life, but I cannot comprehend why someone would actively do it infront of their friends for fun?? I think this is a form of self-harm, and I cannot understand why you would want to do it for fun. I can see why you might do it as a release from life, but not for fun. I think that people need to be told what happens when your brain is deprived of oxygen. Maybe some sort of simulation?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 25th, 2008 at 10:48pm

^^
I think many people do it for the high, almost like a drug.

People do it becuase they want to experience the high that comes when the oxygen rushes back to the brain. Those couple seconds are addictive, like a drug. This hooks a lot of teenagers that cannot get access to other drugs such as Cocaine, Heroin and P.

That's why I think kids keep repeating it. Not really a form of selfharm, more of an addiction.
Sarahbree
Killjoy
Sarahbree
April 29th, 2008 at 01:20am
At my school the popular boys play this "game" on the oval an even though the nurse has explained that this kills there brain cells they are contiuing to play it anyway!!
mika_ap
Killjoy
mika_ap
May 15th, 2008 at 08:40am
wow. this is the first time i've heard of this "choking game". i think it's like slitting wrists, except slitting wrists is not really considered a game. i think it's a dangerously stupid game. you could totally kill yourself. what's it supposed to be - who suffocates the longest wins? i mean it's not funny when one of you suddenly stop breathing permanently.

and it destroys brain cells. it's is a sick and twisted game.
mika_ap
Killjoy
mika_ap
May 15th, 2008 at 08:44am
thesharpestminds:
I never heard of anyone I know playing this game. But it's pretty dangerous. And stupid.

totally.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 19th, 2008 at 08:03am
I watched a girl do it a few years ago...
She forgot where she was for a few seconds =/
Then my sister threw water at her & she almost choked on it

*shakes head*
It's crazy
And yes, my sister is an idiot & freaked out, throwing the water & nearly killing her best friend
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 19th, 2008 at 06:33pm
And people think this is fun?!
Juliet and Romeo
Salute You in Your Grave
Juliet and Romeo
May 24th, 2008 at 09:22pm
SweetTea:
And people think this is fun?!

I think it's less for fun, more for the high.
Personally, I'd be less worried about a friend doing drugs then this.
Burning Friend
Banned
Burning Friend
May 25th, 2008 at 01:37am
It's just wrong how this is called a "game", because it's anything but.
An old classmate of mine Daniel tried it with his little brother for the first time and ended up hanging himself to death. We were still in grade school, and he didn't seem like the type to try such a thing, never did drugs or anything.
I've tried once before and I still feel like such an idiot. BJ, a friend of mine, told me about it, he'd never actually done it though, and since I like the feeling of being high, I (stupidly) decided to give it a shot. He said all you have to do is cut off your air supply, "We'll just use my belt, and I'll stop if you turn blue or some sh**." All I felt at first was one of the studs of his belt poking my neck, and after a few seconds I got a little light-headed, and honestly, it felt kind of good, for a moment anyway. Then it just felt like my head was going to explode, my arms went numb and I felt all the blood go to my head. I tried to wave my hand for him to stop, but it took a few seconds for him to see it. After he stopped squeezing I got all dizzy and passed out. I woke with an awful headache and feeling like I was going to puke. I could barely remember it, BJ said my eyes rolled back in my head before I fell down, and I probably would've given my self a nice concussion if he hadn't of grabbed me when I fell. I'm just glad I didn't die or get brain damage or anything. I still feel like a complete moron for doing that.
And it sure didn't feel like a high to me, more like the time my cousin accidentally whacked me in the head with her putter.
Awful experience, I'll never try it again. I certainly don't suggest you do either, unless you want a massive headache, not to mention a chance of dying. And if a friend is doing it or wants to try it, PLEASE make him/her stop. It's definitely not worth risking your life for, and like I said, it wasn't an actual high.
I know anyone can say "never try this, it's bad for your health, it's not worth it, ect." about anything, but if I could say this about one thing, it is this sorry excuse for a game. Please don't do it, and don't tell people about, especially if they're desperate for a cheap high.

It's stuff like this that needs awareness raised about it. Every kid's heard at least some about alcohol and street drugs and cigarettes, but it's the choking game and Triple Cs and huffing that the general public needs education about, because we really don't know! Not to mention those things are cheaper, easier to obtain, and just as deadly (if not more), but appear to be a safe solution to drugs and beer!

Wow that was long.....
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 31st, 2008 at 09:04am
I watched this on Oprah once.
I don't know, people do it for what? I think there's a feeling of, getting high or some weird sensation.
It's crazy, they choke themselves, pass out, and wake up. How can that be fun?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
May 31st, 2008 at 01:57pm
Lovesick Melody.:

Not really a form of selfharm, more of an addiction.

Self harm is an addiction, btw.
Black Presicion
Killjoy
Black Presicion
May 31st, 2008 at 08:21pm
This is for fun?!?!

Oh yeah, because choking and possibly killing yourself is sooo much fun.

It's scary what people do now...
Xfamousxlastxwords
Killjoy
Xfamousxlastxwords
June 1st, 2008 at 10:07am
people CHOKE themselvs for FUN?? you could damage your brain! i cannot imagine kids choking eachother for thrill it sounds terrifying. i say that people should still give an effort to stop this crazyness
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
June 1st, 2008 at 12:27pm
This 'game' is oh-so-interesting.
I know that if I'm bored enough, I'll try anything. I'm sure other people feel the same way. Not that it isn't a stupid thing to do, cause it is, but really, boredom is overpowering in these days. People have to find ways to entertain themselves. And it's a new experiences. New expereinces are great, and as a plus, it makes for interesting conversation later on.
But it's still insane, so don't do it, people.
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
June 1st, 2008 at 12:34pm
It's a stupid game, but so are loads of things people do.
All I know is that if any of my friends tried it I'd slap them upside the head and tell them they were being idiots.
The sad thing is that this is actually a game. It's like self-harm in a way, but I'm pretty sure people don't play the 'self-harm game', and if they do, they're twats as well. It's not a game, self-harm or choking yourself.
kill-appeal
Killjoy
kill-appeal
June 2nd, 2008 at 05:22pm
My God. That's crazy. I've never heard of it but...whoa.
I don't understand how that would make sense to anyone.
beautiful loser.
Really Not Okay
beautiful loser.
June 2nd, 2008 at 06:58pm
That sounds really stupid. Who would choke themselves for fun? I would never take my chances and die just to see how it feels. I think our generation gets bored and does stuff like that. It's really stupid.
xItCaMeToThEeNdx
Killjoy
xItCaMeToThEeNdx
June 3rd, 2008 at 08:57pm
xxjaimiexx:
i dont agree with this game at all...
i have never played it but i have heard about people who have and have died because of it....
i dont think that i will ever play this game and put my life in jeporday because some one pushes me up againts a wall and chokes me until i pass out.
yea, it's amazing now-a-days how much kids play this mindless game, all just to be "cool" or "accepted" I am not afraid to admit it but I used to try to be "cool" and honestly, i did this game. i was backed up against a wall and i started to clench my neck, tighter and tighter. Blackness engullfed* my eyes and i fell into the crowd of people surronding. I now realize how much i had put my life in risk. I am now proud to say that i will never do that again and that something should be done to stop mind-less activities like this. the last thing we need in this place is for kids to kill themselves on accidents by attepting to be "cool" (im a newbie so Please talk to me!! i promise to be nice, i kinda just want a friend to talk to.!)
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 1st, 2010 at 09:51am
merlin.:

Self harm is an addiction, btw.

Not wanting to get too offtopic, but in what way? I don't mean that in any sarcastic way, as I know it reads that way.
I tried researching a little but I couldn't find exactely how it was an addiction, only that it is. In the context of the 'choking game' the players get the high of an oxygen rush back to the brain.
What do cutters get? Just the relief from emotional pain through physical pain?

Just to keep on topic...
I found a website and it had this video on it. I found it quite informative in answering quite a few questions I had.
WARNING: It does contain some mature content/themes.