Don't have an account? Create one!

Polyamorous

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 12th, 2008 at 08:41pm
I'm sorry if I sound like a pain in the arse, but I don't understand... how does that relate to polyamory? You're talking about "meaningless sweaty sex" with someone other than your partner, and I'm not sure what you mean by that. Sorry for my confusion, but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
June 13th, 2008 at 06:10am
I agreed with firegarder and explained why any form of multiple relationships wasnt something I personally would be in to.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 13th, 2008 at 06:29am
I understood the agreeing part.
Thankyou for explaining. When you starting going on about meaningless sex, it got confusing - and to me it sounded like you thought that's what polyamory was.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
June 13th, 2008 at 06:43am
Well, I have painfully learned that what is meaningsless sweatty sex for me is a serious relationship for someone else. Since there's no black and white really, I ruled out all forms of relationships Smile
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
June 16th, 2008 at 11:51pm
well, tbh, I haven't read through the thread, but I've talked to a poly person, and she had a really interesting POV on it.
she had two men in her life, a "primary", and another significant other or whatever. Dunno what you'd call him. But anyhow, the two knew each other, and were friends, even. And they'd all three be around together. And it just seemed like, if everyone involved is cool with it, why not? Her description was actually really sweet, like caring, not as though she was trading less devotion to one person, more the same amount just to more people.

Though they got a lot of annoying comments from the neighbors who kept thinking she was cheating on her primary guy, and he kept having to explain it. x]
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
November 3rd, 2009 at 10:51pm
A polyamorous relationship IS a real relationship. But these people are more open to love, and loving more than one person at the same time. No one here can tell me that you havent liked more than one person at the same time at some point in you're lives, and it follows the same principals.

It's a relationship between as many people as you want, who all love eachother. It's not just one person going out and sleeping with a random person. Most of the time in these relationships, they all know and love eachother. Occasionally, one person will think someone's hot and sleep with them (with the consent of their partner) but like I said, it usually involves everyone.

What's so wrong about having love for more than one person? Its societies standards and ethics that brainwash people into thinking monogomy is the RIGHT way, but really, there is no right way. Everyone is entitled to do what they feel is right, and for some people, this IS right.

I fully support anyone who is Polyamorous for the fact that they have enough room in their hearts to love multiple people unconditionally, while most people on earth have problems just opening up to love one.

EDIT:: I feel like I'm kicking a dead horse reviving this thread, but it's something I feel strongly on.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 4th, 2009 at 06:59am
That's an interesting point of view. I actually quite agree with what you've said. I suppose if everyone is consenting, there's nothing wrong with it.
MCRmusicmonster
Really Not Okay
MCRmusicmonster
November 4th, 2009 at 02:31pm
I could understand it to a point. But if your going around sleeping with like 5 other people and still "with" someone then it's stupid.
NikkiSixxx
Killjoy
NikkiSixxx
November 4th, 2009 at 09:13pm
^^ Yes, but that's not Polyamorous, that's cheating.

NOW, if you're partner consents to you sleeping with those 5 guys, it's fine. It's not stupid, it's having full trust between you and the one you love. I mean, like I said, most times it's between everyone, but that happens sometimes as well.

In most cases, sex and love are two seperate things, something you'll learn once you get older.
Daft
Fabulous Killjoy
Daft
November 11th, 2009 at 11:46pm
Is currently in a semi polyaorous relation. It's not that bad.... just because you can doesn't necessarily mean you do... It can also build lots of trust and lots of fun that wouldnt be suitable for this board =)
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
November 12th, 2009 at 01:09pm
I guess if no one's jealous and they can keep it going smoothly, then it's all good! As long as people know that their partners don't have STDs, and that the partners of their partners don't have STDs.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 15th, 2009 at 05:05am

I read through the whole board, and here's my take.

I personally would not be able to be in this type of relationship. However, I have no problem with it. I won't lie though, I do find it a bit weird though. But I think that's just because society has taught me that monogamy is the only relationship that is tolerable.
If it's between consenting adults, then whom are we to judge other people's relationships? Would you like someone to come in and talk about how your relationship is 'wrong'?
Just because it isn't how society normally views relationships, who's to say it's not as special as a monogomous relationship?
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
November 25th, 2009 at 09:01pm
Personally i think that while peoplecan easily say that they wouldn't do it, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it happening. As long as all the people involved are aware of the situation, then there's nothing wrong with it. People are responsible for themselves and if they're hurt by it then it's their own fault for getting into that sort of relationship.