Jazz Hands
Nadia Way
September 18th, 2008 at 09:06pm
PAGE CLAIM!!!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 19th, 2008 at 08:19am
Page claiming is spam. Please don't do it.
Worthy
Killjoy
Worthy
September 19th, 2008 at 10:05am
A movie? Really? Well, that should be interesting. Hopefully is comes out more like Underworld than Spiderman. . .
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
September 27th, 2008 at 10:42am
So the second series is coming out in December right?

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/The-Umbrella-AcademyVery Happyallas-2___332959 says December 24
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
September 27th, 2008 at 05:32pm
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
September 28th, 2008 at 06:00am
my bad ^ thanx. but yeah! the earlier the better!
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
September 28th, 2008 at 05:27pm
I came across a link to an interview on the new series of TUA on bladeyoustain.net that asked about a film being made among other things.

INRAMA: Something that, for good or bad, that always comes up when talking about comics that have found a solid audience and critical acclaim – have you been approached or thought about moving this to other media before the full story is complete?

GW: The best part is that it does fall on me, and that particular ball does end up being in my court. Mike Richardson is very gracious about leaving that up to me. Yeah, there was a lot of talk about a film, and I’ve met some people who’ve had some hesitation about that – that there’s only been one series that’s come out, and people are already wanting to make a film about it. We have the same type of reservations, and think about that too – but at the end of the day...this first story, Apocalypse Suite...if there’s only one Umbrella Academy movie ever made – that’s the one you can make, and it kind of doesn’t really matter for the rest of the series in a lot of ways. A movie will ultimately have no bearing on the series anyway; I won’t look at a film as being a companion piece to the comic. I see them as being two very separate things. But yeah, it does feel rather quick – but then, it’s Hollywood, so things change every week. It could be this thing that we’re all talking about now as something that people want to make a movie of, and twelve years later, when the full story is told, we haven’t seen the first bit of movement on it.

Full interview can be found HERE.
the_second_chemist
Killjoy
the_second_chemist
October 7th, 2008 at 02:50am
oh I would watch it 3 times a day
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 7th, 2008 at 08:12am
Watchmen was in development for nearly 20 years, guys. Punisher, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man were all optioned and made into extremely cheesy made for TV movies or horrible films that were only recently remade into somewhat watchable films (except Punisher, that one sucked both times around). Just about all of DC's properties were optioned at some point, with Superman being plagued like it was and Batman only just in recent years getting a good treatment. Dark Horse has a ton of ideas just sitting around waiting to be picked up. Just because a property is optioned or someone shows interest in it, it doesn't always mean a green light; nor does it mean it will be done well.

Studios will option something just to keep other studios from making money off of it. Some properties will be optioned, see a hundred script, director, actor etc changes and never see the light of day. ("Green Arrow" comes to mind) It's up to Gerard if he is dealing with the studio to ensure that they are serious and aren't going to go all giant mechanical spider on them. (one of the original ideas for "Superman Returns" )

Finally -- dood. He's had one run. Critically acclaimed, to be sure, but there are a thousand other ideas floating around out there that are both more well-known and even more critically acclaimed, and still haven't been optioned. Give it time.
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
October 13th, 2008 at 05:59am
Awesome. I'd seee that! I'd wait till Gerard releases the news himself...but yeah I think he might wait till more issues are out before releasing a movie. I dunno.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 19th, 2008 at 07:20am
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 19th, 2008 at 08:47am
Oh, thanks for that.

I stand by the fact that I don't want to see a movie yet - although maybe by the time it comes out, TUA will be more established.

The people involved sound brilliant though, and it was good to hear more about it.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
October 19th, 2008 at 08:58am
Thanks for the link. [:

IA, a movie right now would be too soon. Then again, it's still at discussion stage. I'm really glad he's seriously considering Alfonso Cuarón, he's amazing.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
October 19th, 2008 at 12:30pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSFNU78GjUU

there ya go. nice long 3 min interview bout possible director, screenwriters and everything... prety f*ckn interesting!
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
October 20th, 2008 at 05:01pm
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
November 25th, 2008 at 01:43pm
oooh... dallas #1 comes out tommorow!
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
November 27th, 2008 at 09:42pm
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TUA would be an awesome movie
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
November 29th, 2008 at 04:12pm
TUA would make an amazing, amazing movie.
I would see it in a heartbeat.

PS, anyone know where to get TUA comics,
Aside from online?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
November 29th, 2008 at 06:33pm
^ Go to your local comic book store and ask at the checkout if they a] stock it b] could order it for you or c] know anywhere else you can get it.