Don't have an account? Create one!

Day of The Dead Masks

AuthorMessage
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
July 21st, 2008 at 01:45am
Huh. I guess that's kind of cool, but it definitely would detract from the exclusivity of it all. I mean, isn't that why people paid sixty bucks--to get something that few others were going to get? Personally, if I had purchased the special edition, I'd be pissed right now. No offense, MCR (still love you), but it seems a little commercial.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
July 21st, 2008 at 02:21pm
Lovesick Melody.:

I'm really quite disappointed now.

Limited edition?

Not anymore.
i know right =/
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 22nd, 2008 at 06:31pm
they're heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee. =)

The masks are now individually in the web store and there's a package thing with four masks in various configurations.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 22nd, 2008 at 07:24pm
Shit, it's so fucking expensive.
& that's going to get stuck in customs and all.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 22nd, 2008 at 07:36pm
They are expensive - no way I can come up with that hundred bucks, just like I can't come up with it to complete my action figure collection. I still owe my savings account ticket money. Ah well...
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 22nd, 2008 at 08:16pm
I am somewhat ashamed that I bought the set without Bob's (because I got his with my not-so "limited" edition set) but dammit all, they are going to look so perfect in my comic book room, got the places all picked out and everything. I'm such a sucker for artsy-fartsy shit. Hubs is going to beat me when he sees the Visa bill....
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
July 23rd, 2008 at 04:30am
I wasn't planning on buying them anyway, as they'll just sit under my bed and gather dust, but £15 each!? For a mask, and i think its if you spend more than £18 then you'll be more likely to be checked by customs, so yeah, i think warner are being a little bit too greedy here!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 23rd, 2008 at 03:21pm
Harley.Quinn.:
I am somewhat ashamed that I bought the set without Bob's (because I got his with my not-so "limited" edition set) but dammit all, they are going to look so perfect in my comic book room, got the places all picked out and everything. I'm such a sucker for artsy-fartsy shit. Hubs is going to beat me when he sees the Visa bill....

Exactly what I was thinking.
I just moved into a new house and there's an old fireplace in my room with a mantel piece above it. The second I walked in I was like, 'Dia de Los Muertos masks, right there.'
I got my bundle, $145 with shipping. After customs it'll easily be $160 or so. :cheese:
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
July 23rd, 2008 at 03:43pm
Fuck, I can't afford that stuff man. I kind want them, but not enough to pay about 60+ pounds on a few masks.Neutral
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
July 23rd, 2008 at 10:49pm
Although I'm planning on buying the mask (the next bit of money I'm getting goes to school clothes), I feel bad for the people who didn't get the special edition, that can only get up to four mask, because you can only get one bundle/one mask per order.
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
July 24th, 2008 at 12:12am
I got the bundle one with gerard bob mikey and frank's. i already have gerards and rays. So I'm going to have an extra Gerard one because you couldn't buy a few of them seperately. 25 dollar shipping yikes lol.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
July 24th, 2008 at 01:06am

99.99 USD = 134.171 NZD

Cheese

I think I will be happy to just have one :]
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 24th, 2008 at 07:25am
I think that the pricing excludes like 80% of MCR's fanbase. I don't mean this as rude or degrading in any way, shape, or form, but most of you guys are teens that don't have the disposable income that say, a TWINKie like me (TWo Incomes, No Kids) has. You guys probably have either minimum wage part-time jobs, or an allowance. You don't have $100 (or whatever your country's equivalent is, plus shipping and customs) to drop on a mask set. Me, eh. $100 is like 1/4 of my collective day's salary (meaning what hubs and I make together in a day). So it's a lot different.

I think they should have taken that into consideration. Not only that, it sounds like they were not as well-made as they *could* have been -- several people on the other thread were talking about smudges or cracks on their masks. To be honest, I was expecting the masks to be about $10 each. And had I not had the *perfect* place picked out for them, I wouldn't have dropped $100 on them.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
July 24th, 2008 at 07:32am

^^
Exactely, I totally get what you mean.
So it's about $134 for me, excluding shipping.
I just can't afford it, too pricey.
Instead of making lots of money by making it expensive, why not think of their target audience instead?
Wouldn't that be a better tool?

Neutral
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
July 24th, 2008 at 12:25pm
$100 Shocked

christmas present? i think yes. Tehe
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
July 24th, 2008 at 12:33pm
psychochip:
I think they should have taken that into consideration. Not only that, it sounds like they were not as well-made as they *could* have been -- several people on the other thread were talking about smudges or cracks on their masks. To be honest, I was expecting the masks to be about $10 each. And had I not had the *perfect* place picked out for them, I wouldn't have dropped $100 on them.
Well the little imperfections are what make them special because they're all hand-painted.

Even though they're a lot of money, I think I'm asking for them for Christmas Very Happy I'd like to have them all.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
July 24th, 2008 at 12:36pm
jen616:
I got the bundle one with gerard bob mikey and frank's. i already have gerards and rays. So I'm going to have an extra Gerard one because you couldn't buy a few of them seperately. 25 dollar shipping yikes lol.
I'll take the extra one! hahaha jk Razz
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 24th, 2008 at 12:42pm
psychochip:
I think that the pricing excludes like 80% of MCR's fanbase. I don't mean this as rude or degrading in any way, shape, or form, but most of you guys are teens that don't have the disposable income that say, a TWINKie like me (TWo Incomes, No Kids) has. You don't have $100 (or whatever your country's equivalent is, plus shipping and customs) to drop on a mask set.
I am a working 40 year old without the $100 to drop. I had to seek help purchasing the collector's edition. $20 - $40 bucks at a clip I can do, anything higher than that, not so much.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
July 24th, 2008 at 04:35pm
I would have liked them. But my income is less disposable and more... Poof! Gone! I also have nowhere to put them, but I would love to have them in pride of place in a bigger bedroom than my own.

It does make them less special that they are being sold separately. But a lot of fans would have wanted to own them all, and this is easier than having to buy five limitd editions. Gutting for anyone who has already bought multiple TBPID!'s though!
mychemicalcoffee
Joining The Black Parade
mychemicalcoffee
July 24th, 2008 at 05:25pm
they aint special no more then coz they were onlt suppost to be with TBPID