Don't have an account? Create one!

Plays, Musicals, Acting Labs and Crew

AuthorMessage
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
September 30th, 2008 at 04:45pm
well, i was a grandma who was knitting in a bomb-shelter in our world war two play, when i was eleven. xD
& i've been angels a few times, in nativities.

but this year, i'm page turning the music for the piano player in the musical. so i guess that counts as behind-the-scenes, a bit. (:
so i've got to sit, not getting distracted, following the music. D:
it'll be okay though, because i'll get to watch the play three times for free, and there's usually some good laughs. (:
folkin' around.
Salute You in Your Grave
folkin' around.
September 30th, 2008 at 11:58pm
Sophomore year:
The Crucible
Li'L Abner

Junior year (Currently in):
Our Town

I'm in sound. This is my first year as Head of Sound though.
Craig Mabbitt
Really Not Okay
Craig Mabbitt
October 2nd, 2008 at 08:32pm
I was the Narrator when we did two scenes out of A Midsummers Night Dream in Fourth grade.
It was awesome, I had all my lines in front of me.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
October 2nd, 2008 at 11:45pm
vampire weekend.:

One tradition in my theatre that I can think of is the "Saturday Matinee" prank.
Every year, for the spring musical, cast and crew members pick the freshman they least like and on Saturday night, all give her shit about missing the "Saturday Matinee" that never actually happened. It's quite cruel, actually. This year's victim nearly ran away. My school's very anti-freshmen, especially in the theatre department

Uh, that’s pretty unfortunate. As funny as the prank sounds how do you expect to get people involved if they are looked upon in a negative light, especially as freshman.

I got to say I’m quite proud with how my theatre program works together. For the most part every cast I’ve ever been in has become a family, especially when I was a freshman. Last year we had problems cause we had a lot of new people and they created a lot of politics. We actually orchestrated a talk back rehearsal where everyone got to solve their personal problems in front of everyone else. It was really emotional and really healing overall.
Eponine:
At the end of the year we get together and the seniors all say goodbyes and pass down other theatre traditions, like the ring of sparkly acting ability, the theatre bracelets, and a golden mannequin head is passed down to the freshman with the most talent/potential.

We also have theatre siblings. At the beginning of the year seniors are matched up with freshmen (sometimes juniors get a freshmen if theirs not enough seniors) and they become sorta anonymous pen-pals. The seniors help the freshmen get adjusted to high school and everything then we have a theatre picnic and the freshmen find out who their older 'siblings' are. Usually theatre siblings remain really close and end up being good friends.
Unfortunately we didn't do theatre siblings this year, which is very upsetting. I would have gotten to have a theatre sibling (5 seniors, 14 freshmen so they would have needed some juniors) and I was really looking forward to it.

It seems like a lot of really important tradition are being broken this year.

Yeah, we do something like that called “Senior Angels.” I’m so excited that now I have two of them. Basically I secretly give them candy, encouragement and watch out for them during rehearsals and then unveil myself on opening night.
^ Those sound like some kickass traditons, way to go!

I’m happy to announce that my Advanced Theatre Class is doing a production of HONK! the musical version of the ugly duckling. I was lucky enough to have been cast as “Boys Voice” (I aguishly yell “Duck!” from off stage) and “Father Swan.” Man I can’t wait to see my costume! lol…
ladygelliza
Bleeding on the Floor
ladygelliza
October 3rd, 2008 at 12:02am
in 6th grade i was in the wizard of oz at my school
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
October 3rd, 2008 at 07:35pm

I'm part of the International Thespian Society, too! (:
I've never acted in any of the plays,
but ever since my sophomore year I've been as involved as I can.
I lettered last year, actually.

You Can't Take it With You ( Fall 2007 )
Romeo and Juliet ( Spring 2008 )
Our Town ( Fall 2008 )

We take pride in the work we do, haha.
And I love working on the plays.
We end up becoming one big families,
and it's just amazing.

I love it, haha.
[/endnerd]
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
October 8th, 2008 at 06:48pm
in 6th grade I was in green eggs and ham. The little kids loved it. I can say the whole book now. My advice don't join a drama group that does plays for kindergateners unless you like to be a mime acting out green eggs and ham.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
October 10th, 2008 at 11:20am
i did 2 dances and a play in my local theatre,i did saturday night fever in another theatre and i was part of the chorus in a school production (can't remember the name of the play) and i had a couple of roles in the school production of the wizard of Oz
i really wish i carried on drama Rolling Eyes
Emcee
Awake and Unafraid
Emcee
October 10th, 2008 at 03:51pm
when i was 11 i was a chorus member in the Wizard of Oz, then in my first year of secondary school i played a sorceress in a dramatisation of an old Irish story (i can't for the life of me remember what it was called!). the next year i was a chorus member in Little Shop of Horrors and Mrs Kay in Our Day Out. in year 9, i became the lighting/sound technician for Oliver!, was a narrator in a dramatisation of a Polish fairytale and a principal cast member in a play about the history of the local area. This year i'm doing the play about the local area again (two weeks!) and i'm the technician/set painter for Guys and Dolls.
(:
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
October 10th, 2008 at 04:23pm
sophmore year i was in the musical "Copacabana" and i was in the chorus and i sang a line by myself then i was in the drama club show "Everyman" in the ensemble
junior year the musical was "High School Musical" and i was in the chorus as a brainiac and I sang a little thing by myself and i was in the drama club show "Aesop's Fables" and i was Jupiter in "Jupiter and the Bee" and i was in 2 other fables
senior year (this year) the school's musical is "Seussical" and i'm playing Gertrude McFuzz
and im also majoring in theatre when i get to college
some of the best friends i've made have been through doing the shows at my high school. i wouldn't trade those experiences for the world.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
October 10th, 2008 at 05:22pm
i actually wrote two MCR plays that i performed with my friends. it was fun but it took FOREVER!
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
October 10th, 2008 at 05:50pm
ive been envolved with theater since about the 6th grade and ive been in alot of shows and choruses and classes. 3 favorite roles that ive ever played would have to be wendy in peter pan at a community theater, adelaid adams in calamity jane at my school, and i was in the ensemble in les mis at a communtiy theater too. but im more active in the singing aspect then acting. but GO THESBIANS!
kinney.
Bulletproof Heart
kinney.
October 10th, 2008 at 07:08pm
ehm, i had a lead part in 2 or 3 little plays in primary school
Laughing
i sang solos, danced & performed in comedy skits in 3 Variety Shows.
me & my friend sand the whole narration to a production of Joseph & His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
i went to dance school for 2 years,
& with them i was in two shows & went to a Musical summer camp.
i sing in the school choir
& auditions for our school's first ever show start next week.
& i hope to start a new dance school early next year.

xDDD
i love to sing & dance.
lmfao
i'm not much of an actor though.
xD
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
October 12th, 2008 at 04:47pm
KingRex:
[
I’m happy to announce that my Advanced Theatre Class is doing a production of HONK! the musical version of the ugly duckling. I was lucky enough to have been cast as “Boys Voice” (I aguishly yell “Duck!” from off stage) and “Father Swan.” Man I can’t wait to see my costume! lol…

I've heard of HONK! before. everyone I know who's seen it or been involved in it says it's awesome. Our musical this year is super lame. Fame Forever, where ghost get reincarnated as children of teenage mothers. On the plus side my young actors group is doing Alice in Wonderland. I think I did really well in the first part of auditions yesterday. Hopefully I'll have an actual part.
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
October 18th, 2008 at 01:52am
I'm currently in my first play as the stage manager for Night of the Living Dead.
It makes me really busy, but I like it. I'm learning alot. =]
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
October 18th, 2008 at 05:55am
I was the title role in the kindergarten nativity play 'The Grumpy Sheep'. I had the best costume - a white teeshirt, black trousers, and a little bit of card with cotton wool glued to it around my head!

I was also a co-writer in my 3rd grade production 'The Next Generation', and I also played a wave, and a green bit of the rainbow!

In 4th grade, I was the narrator and part of the Pharoes Chorus in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

and that was the end of my drama career. After then, all the plays were musicals, and I can't sing.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
October 18th, 2008 at 07:54am
I have been in lots of shows!
-Um, the challenge is trying to remember them!

I've been in:
Oh! What A Lovely War
Winter Festival '07
Winter Festival '08
West Side Story
The Rise And Fall of Usher Hall - I THINK
Rats
Bullied
The Pilgrimage [sp?]

And thats all I can think of lmao!
All I seem to do is act tbh lmao, there is always something I'm rehersing for File
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
October 18th, 2008 at 10:54am
played the little version of "Belle" (Beauty And The Beast) around 5 shows a year when I was 5 and 7 y/o.
Was one of the "Belle"s when I was 12 and 13.
And finally, I got the main role of Beauty And The Beast's Belle wholly twice.

I also played Anastacia once XD and Peter Pan's Wendy

DISNEY. yes.
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
October 18th, 2008 at 12:16pm
I've been a part of our school plays.
I first started as a Shoji Opener on our play "Rashomon" or most commonly known as "In The Grove".
Well, a shoji opener, is the one who opens and closes the curtain. (man! what a role!)
Then I became a part of our play "Ramayana" as Jatayu.
And Last year, I played the role of Mistress Page on our play "The Merry Wives of Windsor"
The recent ones... Godforbid. It's kinda weird though.
I played the role of "Sharpay Evans" of High School Musical. These ones are for musical plays. Yes. It's DISNEY too.
party poison.
Salute You in Your Grave
party poison.
October 18th, 2008 at 12:17pm
edit: double post.
I'm really sorry