Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Official-MCR Starting New Record...

AuthorMessage
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 5th, 2009 at 05:46am
This is what I find is so great about MCR. With each record they reinvent themselves and change their sound. For me, there is nothing worse than loving a record that a band releases and then the next record sounding exactly the same.

To be honest I don't know what people were expecting from MCR with the new record. If you look back at the past three you see the sound has changed and progressed. It just goes to show that they are doing it for the music rather than the fame. I feel sorry for bands these days because they just can't win. If they rehashed TBP people would complain about it being samey, and if they take a different approach then people just say they don't get "it".

Personally, I like the new songs. I don't love them, yet, because they're live and they might sound totally different on the record. I'm just happy things look like they're moving again.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2009 at 09:39am
the plague:
the comment on youtube about frank being fat upset me, though. seriously, who cares, as long as the music's good.)
What else is fucking new? God, I can't wait until it's all about the tunes again. I hate to say it, but the heavily female fanbase is what brings the shallowness. By the way, the Revenge era fans are no better than the "noobs." Had to be said; they really do think they're the only people on the planet entitled to support the band, and I personally know a bunch who are primarily concerned only with G and his appearance. Just sayin...

I'm curious to see clips from Summer Sonic now; wanna see if they bust out the same three and if they've evolved yet again, or if Japan will get a different set.
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
August 5th, 2009 at 02:11pm
The 'shallowness' of some of the fans is unfortunately unavoidable. If you look at any modern band at the moment - Fall Out Boy, etc. - they have their fair share of females following them. However, you can't write off a fair chunk of the fanbase on that hypothesis.That being said I do find it a bit annoying how some people cannot see the band beyond Gerard, as cool as he is.
I am also curious to see the Summer Sonic playlists and I'm hoping videos will pop up on Youtube so we can get more of a feel for some of the songs. I hate low quality live music but I'm absorbing anything I can get at the moment.

Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2009 at 02:20pm
Ozymandias:
If you look at any modern band at the moment they have their fair share of females following them. However, you can't write off a fair chunk of the fanbase on that hypothesis.

Punk and thrash bands don't have this element, and I'm simply referring to the most vocal bits of the fanbase - you know, the ones who overshadow everyone else and make the dudes reluctant to attend shows because they don't want to deal with their bullshit.

Back on topic: I am wondering what caused the delay in release date?
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
August 5th, 2009 at 03:39pm
LetterSeven:
Read this...

Way said there's still no release date for the new album, though he added, "It's safe to say it'll come out next year."

Next year? What?

There's actually one good thing that can be said about the album being out next year. They might start touring this year and just play whatever new stuff they wanna and at least this way we get a good taste of the new album and if it sucks we get plenty of old songs as well.

Quite honestly, when the record is released, I don't want a world tour where they play the whole damn album from start to finish... :/
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 5th, 2009 at 03:40pm
I doubt it. They'll be recording. They've only played select shows before album releases in the past.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 5th, 2009 at 03:53pm
I seem to recall the last 2 tours where they did not play an album start to finish. I also seem to recall there was a reason and concept behind the tour where they played the album start to finish.

Was there an announced release date?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 5th, 2009 at 03:58pm
no. just "next year"
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 6th, 2009 at 06:36am
Of course, he did say "Safe to say next year" which could imply that it has the smallest chance getting out this year. But, I severly doubt it.
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
August 16th, 2009 at 11:38am
I'm just happy to hear any damn thing at the moment..... I'm a starved fan!
I like the old school feel of the three songs but.....I know how songs change constantly before being released so I'm excited to see what comes out in the end! I'm just holding thumbs for a release date that is sooner rather than later!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 16th, 2009 at 01:07pm
Gerard Tweeted a friend this morning saying:

"End of August sounds like fun.. Wrapping up the album and writting for KillJoys"

8D
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
August 16th, 2009 at 04:00pm
Whoa.

I'm mega excited now. I wonder if they've created the album title yet.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 16th, 2009 at 06:59pm
Murdered.:
Whoa.

I'm mega excited now. I wonder if they've created the album title yet.

If not, evidently, their giving themselves until the end of the month.
Stand By Ure Beliefs
Fabulous Killjoy
Stand By Ure Beliefs
August 18th, 2009 at 05:07pm
Iv'e heard things about them going on a world tour. Does anyone know if they will be comming to England? I missed out last time and as soon as anyone knows anything please can you let me know?
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
August 18th, 2009 at 05:10pm
^They more than likely will, but they haven't announced any world tour dates yet.

I'm really looking foward to seeing if the previous two songs (Stay and The World is Ugly) make it on the album.
Stand By Ure Beliefs
Fabulous Killjoy
Stand By Ure Beliefs
August 18th, 2009 at 05:52pm
^ That would be amazing. I love the song Stay.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 18th, 2009 at 06:00pm
I've been wondering about that actually. 'Cause those two songs are good, but they sound nothing like songs we've heard live that are going to be on the new album. Not in the same direction at all.
They've probably modified them to suit the new sound, or maybe they'll be B-sides or something. I just hope they don't ditch them completely.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
September 2nd, 2009 at 01:54pm
In this interview he says something about Feb. 6 as the release date. Or did I mishear him...? He talks about the band quite a bit in the first few minutes, maybe you guys will hear something I didn't.

=]
CupcakeSuicide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
CupcakeSuicide
September 2nd, 2009 at 06:14pm
Le Fleur.:
In this interview he says something about Feb. 6 as the release date. Or did I mishear him...? He talks about the band quite a bit in the first few minutes, maybe you guys will hear something I didn't.

=]

I heard it too! Oh I hope it's true!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
September 2nd, 2009 at 08:04pm
February 6th?
Whoa.

One of the reasons I fought and survived a stroke, was because of this album.

And if thats true, its coming out on the day I had the stroke.

...O.o

I feel connected now.