Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Official-MCR Starting New Record...

AuthorMessage
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 2nd, 2009 at 08:08am
I can barely understand what the hell Gee is singing, but it sounds amazing! I thought I'd hate it but it sounds great.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 2nd, 2009 at 09:25am
Is one of the new songs called "Kiss The Rain" or "Kiss The Ring"?
I've seen both of these titles being used for it, but I just downloaded the whole show and I *think* he said "Kiss The Ring" when he announced it, but I'm not 100% sure since the audio quality wasn't great .. does anyone know?
CupcakeSuicide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
CupcakeSuicide
August 2nd, 2009 at 11:04am
it's a deathwish.:
Is one of the new songs called "Kiss The Rain" or "Kiss The Ring"?
I've seen both of these titles being used for it, but I just downloaded the whole show and I *think* he said "Kiss The Ring" when he announced it, but I'm not 100% sure since the audio quality wasn't great .. does anyone know?

On My Chemical Freak, it says Kiss The Rain...
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
August 2nd, 2009 at 11:12am
I think he says Kiss the Ring, also the line before it sounds like thing, so it would rhyme if it's Kiss the Ring.

I like the new songs, though at first I was a bit worried. I hate hearing bad quality live versions of songs before I've heard the studio recording though.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:02pm
Thank you, Heather and CupcakeSuicide. Very Happy

And I agree with this -

We Are The Ocean:
I like the new songs, though at first I was a bit worried. I hate hearing bad quality live versions of songs before I've heard the studio recording though.
I hate judging songs too quickly, especially when they're live/unfinished versions that have poor-quality audio.
But still, the songs sound pretty awesome from what I could hear of them.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:38pm
Holy shit!

So far, out of those, I'm really into Kiss the Whatever.

<3333

...No offense, but am I the only one whos noticed that Drugs and Death Before Disco have simular, very simular music?

Like, they sound good. Its just, some of it just sounds the same... =/
But, im not dissapointed. I'm proud of them. <3

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE FOREVER! 8D
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:48pm
Michael Way.:
Holy shit!

So far, out of those, I'm really into Kiss the Whatever.

<3333

...No offense, but am I the only one whos noticed that Drugs and Death Before Disco have simular, very simular music?

Like, they sound good. Its just, some of it just sounds the same... =/
But, im not dissapointed. I'm proud of them. <3

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE FOREVER! 8D
My favorite is the Kiss The Rain/Ring, yes.

Yes, they do sound slightly the same.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:52pm
I think they are a little bit similar.

And Kiss the Ring is my favourite too.

I personally don't think Death Before Disco is the best MCR song yet though, compared to say The Ghost of You or Mama, from listening to the version we have. I'm hoping it's better on the record though.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 2nd, 2009 at 12:52pm
I know you what you guys mean, with "Drugs" and "Death Before Disco".
I wouldn't worry about it though - the studio versions will probably sound quite different. It's not like MCR to make an album of songs that all sound so similar.

And I'm not going to hold too much faith in what Gerard said - that "Death Before Disco" would be the best. It's sounds like a good song, and I'm sure it will be on the record too, but .. not the best.
After all, Gerard also said that "Welcome To The Black Parade" was his favourite song on "The Black Parade", and most people -me included- would disagree with that.

So, I guess it'll just be based on opinion, really, but personally I don't think it'll be the best MCR song ever, as much as I love it.
It would be difficult for them to make a song that I loved more than my favourite, favourite song ever (which is one of MCR's).
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
August 2nd, 2009 at 01:02pm
I'm a little iffy on Death After Disco, but then again, I haven't heard the studio version or most of the lyrics. But I really like Drugs and Kiss the Rain Smile

Also, looking at the other live footage of the shows (youtube) did anyone else notice that Frank is singing more? At least he is live. That makes me happy
CupcakeSuicide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
CupcakeSuicide
August 2nd, 2009 at 01:05pm
Actually, I liked Death Before Disco the best. But Kiss The Rain/Ring was good too. Drugs was my least favorite, but its still pretty good. I cant wait to hear the studio versions.
poetic tragedy.
Awake and Unafraid
poetic tragedy.
August 2nd, 2009 at 01:40pm
I love the new songs, they're amazing!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 2nd, 2009 at 02:42pm
Out of those...honestly now, I dont like Drugs.

Death Before Disco is kinda catchy - it makes me happy.

As ya'll have been saying. I'm sure the album'll sound better.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
August 2nd, 2009 at 04:01pm
Love the new songs- Drugs being my favorite. I can't wait to here the studio recordings.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
August 2nd, 2009 at 10:28pm
I like Death Before Disco. I really think that it is very catchy. (:
I don't wanna judge the new songs since I have not heard of their studio versions yet.
It's a bit different on what I expected from them.
But I'm sure the fourth album will be great. :'D
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 2nd, 2009 at 11:35pm
I've decided I refuse to listen to new songs until the CD comes out. I did it with TBP (with the exception of the Hammersmith show), I can do it with this one, lol.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
August 3rd, 2009 at 06:00am
their new song are very classic and punk rock, so i hope they keep it modern.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 3rd, 2009 at 09:05am
Wait, my apologies, not trying to start anything. But how can anyone say that they disagree with what Gerard called HIS favorite MCR song? He said Death before Disco and Welcome to the Black Parade were HIS favorite songs. He said HE believed Disco was the best MCR song. There is nothing there to disagree with nor is there anything to "loose faith in Gerard" over. It is HIS opinion. If they aren't your favs, then whatever - frankly many, many people that I know - view Welcome to the Black Parade is the best song from the album. I think FLW is unbeatable. Different opinions just as you stated- it is personal opinion.

I am so glad they have gone to a mix of 70's rock and 80's early punk. Deb and I were saying it reminds us of KISS. If the 3 songs are any indication --Thank God they haven't moved into the pseudo r&b/dance music like some other "pop punk" bands. Or turned themselves into just another AP "emo pop" band with coordinated screaming. I hope it isn't modern, isn't MetroStationesqe and is all old school. But finished produced songs always sound different than live versions. I think "Death Before Disco" is going to be huge. My nieces, husband and his buddies were already humming it.

Great to hear Frank and great to see Mikey enjoying himself.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
August 3rd, 2009 at 11:58am
tbqh, i dont think most of the fans will listen to songs that arent modern. they can keep the 70's punk rock but in a modern tone. why make old tunes when the youth today arent very interested in it? fans want something new and not stuff we've heard before from our parents records.
but thats just me. (:
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
August 3rd, 2009 at 01:18pm

i absolutely love all three of the new songs.
kiss the whatever is my favourite. but i really love how they all sound.
i've noticed that i always seem to have one of the live videos open on a tab,
and i just keep replaying the song. <33