Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Official-MCR Starting New Record...

AuthorMessage
My Demise
Bleeding on the Floor
My Demise
August 3rd, 2009 at 02:19pm
Death Before Disco is really catchy. I kind of didn't like the start of Drugs, but it got better.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 3rd, 2009 at 02:31pm
Really, Really, Really believe that once The CD goes to the studio, and the boys tell us the message behind the album, and knowing that they WEREN'T putting themselves through what happened last time they were recording / they're not continously topping themselves- thats boring.

Then I think the music will improve in our minds.

We're just uninformed and not listening to good quality.

I'll be a hypocrite and say "I dont really have an opinion, thus."
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 3rd, 2009 at 03:09pm
Putting aside the fact that MCR, themselves, have professed great love for and the basis of much of their work upon those old records and bands like Iron Madien, Queen, Kiss, Social Distortion, Black Flag, the Clash, the Smiths, etc...The whole world isn't only about "youth." Only bands looking for quick cash and to sell mega merch and to be on the Today show to sell more crap pander solely to that dynamic. I also hate to be the one to break it to you, but MCR's fandom isn't derived solely of the under 18 set. They have many older fans which was evident on the last tour. Further, if you want something new and different why do you keep requesting them to play the same shit over and over? When you used the word "modern" I can only think of the MCR lite FOB copybands. If you want that watered down pop punk, there a million of those bands to choose from. Frankly, TBP, was for the most part, rock and roll based on your parent's old records. To be honest and somewhat elitist, I hope this record weeds out the whole "I <3 Gerard and Mikey" "OMG, Frankie is so faatttt" set.

Also many, many kids I know are into heavy metal and legit punk bands now. Thank you St. Frank!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 3rd, 2009 at 03:29pm
mona is what?!:
tbqh, i dont think most of the fans will listen to songs that arent modern. why make old tunes when the youth today arent very interested in it? fans want something new and not stuff we've heard before from our parents records.
Actually, I beg to differ. My 16 year old son absolutely adores vintage punk, thrash and jazz. That being said, the songs ARE putting a modern spin on things; surely you don't mean to imply that they sound like scratchy 70's vinyls?

Michael Way.:
Really, Really, Really believe that once the boys tell us the message behind us, and knowing that they WEREN'T putting themselves through what happened last time they were recording / they're not continously topping themselves- thats boring. I'll be a hypocrite and say "I dont really have an opinion, thus."
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite following what you are establishing here: you're stating that you need additional confirmation from the boys (despite having been kept pretty well in the loop this entire fairly rapid recording process) that they weren't going nuts at the Paramore again? Did that knowledge prevent you from appreciating TBP then?

Also, isn't trying to top oneself by coming out with a fresh new sound rather the point for every artist? Do you really need to know the "message" behind a song in order to adequately determine for yourself whether you like it or not? Surely you listen to plenty of music that you have no clue the "message" behind; I know I do. Not every artist is as forthcoming with such information, nor is there always a message to be had.

Finally, if you are concluding that you have no opinion, then what exactly are you contributing to this thread currently? I don't mean to be rude, but that's a bit of a pointless statement. You're better off waiting until you DO have an opinion to share, no?
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
August 3rd, 2009 at 03:53pm
jules:

more than half of the fans are between 12 and 19, you cant get around with that. sure, there are adults who are fans, but their music leads towards teens than adults.
i didnt say that modern music is pop rock like fob, panic or paramore. what i meant was that they can keep the 70's rock scene, but turn it into more new and fresh, and not deliver tunes we've heard from, like iron maiden and queen.
people will STILL continue to say that gerard is hot and fangirl over frank, even though they chooses to make heavy music. its like saying people and reviewers wont call them emos anymore because the new album is alot heavier than the last three albums. they will still be called emos no matter what they bring out to us.
thats what i think.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 3rd, 2009 at 04:25pm
I am not trying to get around anything. You have a misconception that somehow the youth makes up the entire fanbase. Maybe in Denmark, but there is a huge adult following in the States and Canada.

Nope, you said that the youth wasn't interested in 70's rock and 80's punk because it was old and boring. Not sure when you became the spokesman for the world's youth, but ok. You then said the band should make it modern. I said that what they were doing was taking the olds sounds and updating it.

Finally, your analogy doesn't work. I did not make a similar comparison: I said nothing of reviewers, or that the cd was heavier than the last 3 cd's, and who the hell cares about the emo thing? Yes, some will still continue to say that Gerard is hot and etc. Again, I hope this cd weeds some of those kids out. Besides based on your post where you assert "the youth" doesn't like this classic rock and punk your own statement lends itself to the belief that MCR will become less popular in the eyes of "the youth" for making such music.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 3rd, 2009 at 04:39pm
@deb.

My point is.

Perhaps we shouldn't have an opinion, as we haven't heard the real versions yet. and that Perhaps people'll get more into the CD/new songs, once we hear what the damn POINT of it is.

There's so many people on Mibba saying that they dont like the new songs and stuff, and this is what I've concluded.

Gerard, if not all five, only does things, if there is a point and a message to it. Obviously, there will be one here, and I think once people see that, they'll change their tune.

Plus, none of us have heard the REAL version yet, so no one can really have a set opinion.

That was my point.

...More people will be into the new stuff, and appreciate it more, once we get the full package, not just teaser stuff and such.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 3rd, 2009 at 05:00pm
jules:
Wait, my apologies, not trying to start anything. But how can anyone say that they disagree with what Gerard called HIS favorite MCR song? He said Death before Disco and Welcome to the Black Parade were HIS favorite songs. He said HE believed Disco was the best MCR song. There is nothing there to disagree with nor is there anything to "loose faith in Gerard" over. It is HIS opinion. If they aren't your favs, then whatever - frankly many, many people that I know - view Welcome to the Black Parade is the best song from the album. I think FLW is unbeatable. Different opinions just as you stated- it is personal opinion.

I understand what you're saying and I agree - I'm sorry if what I said came off wrong. I probably worded it badly, and certainly didn't mean I'd "lose faith in Gerard".

I just meant it would be unrealistic to set huge, unattainable expectations for "Death Before Disco" simply based on Gerard's opinion. I didn't disagree with what Gerard called his favourite song, I just felt that sometimes people act as though if he believes something is the best and they're aren't particularly fond of it, then there is "no hope" for any of the other songs since that must be as good as it gets ... I don't know, I probably spent too much time reading Youtube comments to get this vibe.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
August 3rd, 2009 at 06:12pm
i've been on vacation alllll week, i think i picked the worst week to do so, no computer....
SO EXCITED! the new songs sound fun, at first i was like O_o but they really are growing on me and i have to remember that every single record they seem to reinvent their sound in certain ways.
i'm ready for a release date any time now! haha.
it's very.....danceable? in a rock and roll kinda way
really does sound a bit more punkish too i must say
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 3rd, 2009 at 08:43pm
it's a deathwish.:

You have some absolutely valid points and I totally agree. I think people set very unreal expectations for the bands they like both in their music and how they live their lives.

I also think that we sometimes gather our opinions from those we admire. We not only want to have that conection with the person, but we also tend to value their opinions over our own. The preception is it is better to be a part of a "group" than to be individual. I have heard people say "I love Amanda Palmer," when in fact they don't know who she is, aren't really into her stuff but Gerard likes her so they have to.

I also get what you are saying about liking certain MCR songs because the guys said they were their favs. I read interview after interview about how much they love "Mama." It is my least fav of all their stuff; I always skip through it after a second, I never sit through the video. It has no appeal for me. But play Headfirst, GOY, KAYF and my day just got expotentially better.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 3rd, 2009 at 09:02pm
Michael Way.:
Perhaps we shouldn't have an opinion, as we haven't heard the real versions yet. Plus, none of us have heard the REAL version yet, so no one can really have a set opinion. Gerard, if not all five, only does things, if there is a point and a message to it.

I think people can have an opinion if they want to, you're just not ready to form one yet. That being said, according to Gerard, the message is "Long Live Rock-n-Roll," so there you have it:
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 3rd, 2009 at 09:21pm
The youtube comments are killing me -- ahh this fandom--- lmao!!!
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
August 3rd, 2009 at 09:59pm
^ i know! so far kiss the ring is BY FAR my favorite XD!
the best quality as far as sound/really hearing what he's saying goes that i've found on youtube are these:
The Drugs
Kiss the Ring
Death Before Disco
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 4th, 2009 at 07:28am
Read this...

Way said there's still no release date for the new album, though he added, "It's safe to say it'll come out next year."

Next year? What?
Ken Hidaka
Salute You in Your Grave
Ken Hidaka
August 4th, 2009 at 10:07am
I'm excited for the band's new record and the new musical direction they are gonna take if there's any.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 4th, 2009 at 11:28am
LetterSeven:

Next year? What?

Obviously, there is still many changes yet to come with the album. The versions of the songs we're listening too, probubly wont be what they sound like, on the album.
At least next year is in reach. Not like, in 2089!

[/not trying to be bitchy/mean]
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 4th, 2009 at 12:37pm
No, I'm pretty sure LetterSeven means that they said it would come out this year, not next year.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 4th, 2009 at 01:41pm
Oh. Okay.

Sorry.
Darko23
Killjoy
Darko23
August 4th, 2009 at 06:30pm
hello! i'm new here!
but i wanted to talk about the new songs on youtube.

i'm a musician myself, and one thing i really liked about mcr was their kinda like...sinister/gothic/punk sound and even though TBP wasn't exactly a "punk record" it still had that sinister sound.

but from what i hear from the new songs, (besides that youtube video called siren song) they don't seem to have that sound anymore...and i don't like that...like...the songs are good, but not as i know mcr...

and i know they're not finished yet... but still, they don't seem to have that sound...and that makes me sad... Sad
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
August 5th, 2009 at 01:04am
i wasn't aware of these new songs until last night!
they are definitely going for a different approach on this record, and i like it! death before disco is my favourite of the three.

(the comment on youtube about frank being fat upset me, though. seriously, who cares, as long as the music's good.)