Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Official-MCR Starting New Record...

AuthorMessage
chelz616
Killjoy
chelz616
January 31st, 2010 at 10:09pm
idk i know they were very secretive with the black parade. but...there was more...like...mysterious little hints and stuff out before. i just don't think the album will be out in march.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 31st, 2010 at 10:34pm
They've been recording and they said they were entering the mixing phase a while back so who knows. They should be well close to finishing it up, plus Gerard likes to have the album title already picked before the record is done. Knowing them they probably have the artwork done too.

Right now, it's in the time where it can go either way. It says it's due out at the end of March, and the date given IS on a Tuesday, and it was also said that we should be waiting for the first single to be released very very soon. The AP article had almost enough songs listed with track names to be considered an album. I say give it a few more weeks for an announcement. If we don't get one towards mid to the end of Feb., we'll know it's most likely a rumor.
chelz616
Killjoy
chelz616
February 1st, 2010 at 10:39am
true true. i'd rather think its just a rumor and not be disapointed lol. i hope it comes out march 30th. thats my anniversary! i was almost certain that they didn't have a title for this one until well into the recording process. gerard said that it was weird in a refreshing way. i may have just dreamt that or made it up lolol
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 4th, 2010 at 08:33pm
About that March 30 thing, I just found out that's the release date for which Gerard is featured on, which is Amanda Palmer's side project. I don't know why it said MCR.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 5th, 2010 at 04:00pm
nameless.:
About that March 30 thing, I just found out that's the release date for which Gerard is featured on, which is Amanda Palmer's side project. I don't know why it said MCR.
lol I so made a topic about this before I saw this. Observant is me.
chelz616
Killjoy
chelz616
March 4th, 2010 at 10:37am
So now mcr is going in and recording new songs. I have so many questions. Why? They weren't happy with the other stuff? Is it cuz of Bob leaving. Now is it going to be another year until the album comes out? Agh! What do you guys think?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 4th, 2010 at 05:31pm
I am hoping that James Dewee plays drums.
I would love to see him as teh new drummer. Smile

Anyone else agree?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 4th, 2010 at 05:36pm
Michael Way.:

Anyone else agree?

He was the first person to come to mind Very Happy But I am curious to see who will fill his place...
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 4th, 2010 at 08:01pm
Horror Show.:
Michael Way.:

Anyone else agree?

He was the first person to come to mind Very Happy But I am curious to see who will fill his place...

I am too.
I really do hope its James, I would totally support that.

Of course It all depends on what creates the 'magic'. Y'know?
Thats all im worried about.

They need the magic.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 5th, 2010 at 12:51am
I just hope its somone badass.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 5th, 2010 at 05:08pm
Frankie-Oreo:
I just hope its somone badass.

this too. I mean, James is pretty frickin' rad.
CupcakeSuicide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
CupcakeSuicide
March 8th, 2010 at 01:09am
I hope this isn't true.

Last December, the band’s fourth album appeared to be on target for a Spring release, but now the remaining members are heading back into the studio, making a Fall 2010 on-sale date more likely.
Reps for MCR’s label played seven new songs for SPIN staffers in December, which featured Bryar’s drum work, but now, with the band writing and recording again, it’s unclear how many of those tracks will make the final album.

[More here]

We have to wait until fall??
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 8th, 2010 at 05:54am

I don't reckon it's that much to ask for a little more time. They just lost their drummer, they need time to collect themselves before they can fully present the album.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 8th, 2010 at 01:37pm
CupcakeSuicide:
I hope this isn't true.

Last December, the band’s fourth album appeared to be on target for a Spring release, but now the remaining members are heading back into the studio, making a Fall 2010 on-sale date more likely.
Reps for MCR’s label played seven new songs for SPIN staffers in December, which featured Bryar’s drum work, but now, with the band writing and recording again, it’s unclear how many of those tracks will make the final album.

[More here]

We have to wait until fall??

You'll notice that that entire article is made up of speculation. They have no more information than us.

Let's just wait, give the guys the time they need and we'll see.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 9th, 2010 at 06:23am
If thats true, sweet. my birthday is is spring. (your autumn)

Now, what are we all thinking for sound?
Im hoping for a little heavier, screaming (not too much) and definate badassery. similar to three cheers. and maybe slight electro thrown in on a song or 2?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 9th, 2010 at 09:11am
Frankie-Oreo:
If thats true, sweet. my birthday is is spring. (your autumn)

Now, what are we all thinking for sound?
Im hoping for a little heavier, screaming (not too much) and definate badassery. similar to three cheers. and maybe slight electro thrown in on a song or 2?

They have said taht it will NOT be a concept album, now showyeffects, no makeup. Just straight out good music.

They also said taht they would like to go back to their 'punk' roots; like as "hardcore" [*eyeroll*] as they were during Bullets. XD

Also, It's been noted that there will be a bit more screaming than before.

I hope this turns out well, I dont nessicarilly see it happening, but I don't know.

Smile Thats all I know.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 9th, 2010 at 09:23am
oh i didnt mean like concept or anything, like the songs and stuff on three cheers and shit.

i do not even make sense to myself.
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
March 9th, 2010 at 12:26pm
They seem to have been writing new stuff for ages (and Frank said they were still writing in his post last week) and yet we got song titles in January? What does this mean?
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
March 9th, 2010 at 12:40pm
^ I know, I was thinking about this too. I also thought they were getting around to wrapping up the album.

Wish we could all have insight into the record's progress right now even though we shouldn't. I'm so anxious.
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
March 9th, 2010 at 12:45pm
Michael Way.:

Also, It's been noted that there will be a bit more screaming than before.

Can I just ask, is there an interview/article where you saw this? I've been hearing this a lot lately, but I haven't heard it in any interview I've seen. Thanks =D.