Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Official-MCR Starting New Record...

AuthorMessage
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
March 27th, 2010 at 12:24pm
so close, yet so far.
im so pumped though. it's like it's all real. it felt as if it was all talk before but now, its actually.... real. ya know?lol (:
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 27th, 2010 at 01:29pm
just in case nobody knows what the previous posts on the last page were....

Greetings Friends!

It's been an awfully long time since last we spoke, and I apologize. To make it up to you, I have many exciting things to share. You have all been so patient, and for that we are eternally grateful.

First things first, here are some new studio shots from our own ace photographer (and soon to be dad!), Frank Iero. We have reached a very exciting final phase of recording and are counting down the seconds to when we can finally share it with you. The album has a name and a voice, although I can't let that rabbit out of the hat just yet. I wish it were humanly possible for us to sit down with all of you and crank up those speakers on launch day.

The newest songs that we have written changed my perception of what a My Chemical Romance song can do. It pushes every envelope and blurs every single line more than anything we have ever done. I am also excited to finally announce that in the very near future, there will be an official home for the MCRMY on the web. We have all gotten a chance to field test the website, and not only is it major fun, but it's also kind of addictive.

In the next few weeks we are also going to start running a series of contests that will be a ton of fun for all of us. I know I have a one or two shirts with my name on them that could use a new home to give up for prizing.

Last but not least, In the newest issue of SPIN magazine, there's an amazing article/cover featuring our fearless leader (and my big
brother) Gerard Way. Iggy has been one of our heroes and inspirations throughout our career and the article is a joy to read.

There are gonna be a great many changes coming to mychemicalromance.com over the next few weeks/months. One day you will wake up, and nothing will ever be the same again, but it'll feel like an old friend. We love you guys more than you'll ever know. Let's talk again soon.

Mikey
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 27th, 2010 at 05:59pm
I am extremely excited!
I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY REALLY DO SOUND LIKE. :3
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
March 29th, 2010 at 12:00am
i faintly remember a section of the book "Everybody Hurts: The Essiental Guide to Emo" by Leslie Simon as being called "Signs Your Favorite Band is Getting Old". Reason 1 was like "they begin taking forever between records".

hm....interesting.
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
March 29th, 2010 at 12:00am
i faintly remember a section of the book "Everybody Hurts: The Essiental Guide to Emo" by Leslie Simon as being called "Signs Your Favorite Band is Getting Old". Reason 1 was like "they begin taking forever between records".

hm....interesting.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 29th, 2010 at 12:40pm
mastermind.:

hm....interesting.
lol. How are you going to take a book that calls MCR emo seriously? If I recall correctly, that book is moreso of a snarky, sarcasm, satirical book than a guide to live by. Rolling Eyes it's been like, 3 years.
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
March 29th, 2010 at 03:24pm
Yeah! ^
It took Green Day 5 years between American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown (I hope MCR don't take that long) but Green Day aren't doing too bad because of it...
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
April 8th, 2010 at 03:11pm
Apparently the album is to be released this fall.

"But mild-mannered Way insists they are in no rush to release this fourth as-yet-untitled album, whose drop-date has been moved from spring to fall."

Source is the Nylon Guys magazine. The quote can be found in the first link below.

Gerard Way.:
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
April 9th, 2010 at 01:50am
^ I finished reading that article with a feeling of disappointment, I don't know why.

I guess it's because I want the music now, and waiting is horrible.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 9th, 2010 at 08:39am
I'm even more excited. The new album's look sounds totally down my street. Tehe
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
April 9th, 2010 at 04:28pm
The Rumor:
I'm even more excited. The new album's look sounds totally down my street. Tehe
I agree. I wasn't sure about the sound they talked about in the first interviews after the break, but now I have a feeling that they're up to something extraordinary. Really excited!
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
April 13th, 2010 at 05:23pm
I just want like something to do with the new album... I don't care if it's a snippet of a song or a picture or something.... just to kind of believe it's not all talk....
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
April 14th, 2010 at 02:13pm
i like the fact that this album has moved from 'it's going to be raw and stripped down' to 'we've rediscovered our love of theatricality', because i was a little worried about them trying to distance themselves from what they actually are - theatricality has always been an important part of my chem for me. but now it seems that they are doing a raw album my chemical romance style... like they've stopped being afraid of their own success and excess?
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
April 15th, 2010 at 10:47pm
I'm a little opposite ha I was excited for raw, I think that is what they actually are, is rough around the edges. But I don't think there's a trade-off between theatrical and raw. I mean bullets was both
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
April 16th, 2010 at 02:14am
Honestly, I'm looking forward to a straight MCR! album that embraces the band itself. I loved the concept and theatrics of TBP but now its time for something new. Green Day is a good example of what I'd rather not see - a fantastic concept album, followed by an even heavier concept album. Its to much of the same angle. Gerard has a great quote "The best way to follow an album that did everything is to not do everything." Just hearing the band express themselves as people will be great. Other than that, all I can say is IT BETTER COME OUT SOON! Very Happy
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
April 17th, 2010 at 02:32am
I wish they would start posting small tidbit videos like they did earlier on. Just a teaser, or something.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
April 17th, 2010 at 07:15am
New blog posted by Frank, and two new pictures. I'm so curious about how they have solved the drumming issue.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 17th, 2010 at 02:57pm
I am curious too. Maybe Bobs part was already finished. They'd just need someone new when they start touring - and obviously, hes a new addition for good. Would be frickin' cool if it was a girl!

...His blog made me laugh really hard. :3

His blogs about the studio make me excited for when im in one; i plan on being a musician.
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
April 18th, 2010 at 10:16pm
What does Ides mean? Frank's blog title had the word in it, and I was curious about the definition so I looked it up. And it means the 15th day of March, May, July, or October or the 13th day of the other months. Maybe something to do with a release date? Didn't want to think too much on it, but you never know.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 19th, 2010 at 10:55am
^ He was referring to Shakespeare's Julius Caeser. There's a famous line in it; 'Beware the Ides of March.'