Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance Break Up

AuthorMessage
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 26th, 2013 at 04:05pm
Gerard tweeting especially reminiscing about MCR makes me quite happy actually.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 26th, 2013 at 04:12pm
tarasaurus rex!:
whipstickagostop;:

On a side note, the things their first drummer Matt Pelissier has said about the break up have been a bit... ugly, to say the least. Take a look for yourself if you want. Smile

Ugh, I'm sorry, but reading those posts shows how immature he is. Whether he was hurt by the band or not, he should be an adult and not cry to any fans about what happened between him and MCR.
ia. I'm all for being mad about situations and holding onto grudges, but dude, come on. Its been about 9 years, hasn't it? There is no need. I really don't care that he hates them for being asshats, or happy they're done, or about what happened back in the day, but how old is he? Is it necessary? Not really.

I also think it's quite pitiful he used this as an opportunity to promote himself and his new band. Also he tweets too much, and I thought I was bad on Facebook...
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
March 26th, 2013 at 04:39pm
so:

This is what you should be expecting from the members of My Chemical Romance in the near future:
"1. Gerard is doing guest vocals on a track on Mat Devine (of Kill Hannah)'s solo album, which is called "Goldblooded" and due out in August.
2. Frank/James have a new electronic-hardcore band who have a full length album written. They'll be going on tour with MSI next month + Skate And Surf Festival in NJ in May.
3. James Dewees (keyboardist) is relaunching his side/solo project "Reggie And The Full Effect". The guest stars on the new album he's recording soon, currently include Adam Lazzara (Taking Back Sunday) + Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory) on backing vocals, Gerard Way on guest vocals, Frank Iero lends his screaming vocals to the project while Ray's performing some "sweet guitar" on a track. You can pledge to his kickstart here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592861974/no-country-for-old-musicians/
4. Leathermouth are playing Skate+Surf Festival in NJ on May 19th. Looks like there might soon be more news in that direction too...
5. I'd EXPECT Gerard to release some solo stuff, just a thought though...don't take it as concrete fact just yet!
6. Free Comic Book Day of Killjoys coming out May 4th, then one issue a month after that. "
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 26th, 2013 at 04:46pm
Jenga.:
so:

This is what you should be expecting from the members of My Chemical Romance in the near future:
"1. Gerard is doing guest vocals on a track on Mat Devine (of Kill Hannah)'s solo album, which is called "Goldblooded" and due out in August.
2. Frank/James have a new electronic-hardcore band who have a full length album written. They'll be going on tour with MSI next month + Skate And Surf Festival in NJ in May.
3. James Dewees (keyboardist) is relaunching his side/solo project "Reggie And The Full Effect". The guest stars on the new album he's recording soon, currently include Adam Lazzara (Taking Back Sunday) + Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory) on backing vocals, Gerard Way on guest vocals, Frank Iero lends his screaming vocals to the project while Ray's performing some "sweet guitar" on a track. You can pledge to his kickstart here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592861974/no-country-for-old-musicians/
4. Leathermouth are playing Skate+Surf Festival in NJ on May 19th. Looks like there might soon be more news in that direction too...
5. I'd EXPECT Gerard to release some solo stuff, just a thought though...don't take it as concrete fact just yet!
6. Free Comic Book Day of Killjoys coming out May 4th, then one issue a month after that. "

I'd totally go see a Gerard Way concert not that that's gonna happen soon or ever... I'm just saying... I'd go...
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
March 26th, 2013 at 09:39pm
From what it feels like to me is that Gerard still likes singing, writing music, and making music. It's the performing that he feels lost on. imo. But I loved Zero Zero and I'd love to hear some more
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 26th, 2013 at 10:48pm
These are the moments I will miss. But this makes me happy in a way
http://youtu.be/aVBHOQS42OY
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 26th, 2013 at 10:57pm
fabulous killjoy.:

I also think it's quite pitiful he used this as an opportunity to promote himself and his new band. Also he tweets too much, and I thought I was bad on Facebook...

Haha When I saw he had 15 tweets all in a 4-minute time span, I said "screw it". If he was looking for any sympathy from people, he lost that opportunity from me seeing those posts.
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 26th, 2013 at 10:57pm
Jenga.:
so:

Well, this makes me quite excited! Especially the Mat Devine thing and Reggie!
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 27th, 2013 at 02:07pm
Gerard's tweets about the mcr records make me both sad and happy.
God, I'm gonna miss them so much D:
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 28th, 2013 at 01:01am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U9YnIUt-Q4
I wanna if his excitement about MCR5 is faked here or something changed... and I'd like to know if something did change what it was...
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 28th, 2013 at 02:10pm
Gerard Way
P.O. Box 572800
Tarzana, CA 91357

this makes me very happy
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 28th, 2013 at 04:23pm
Tickle Me Sara:
Gerard Way
P.O. Box 572800
Tarzana, CA 91357

this makes me very happy

Totally gonna write to him! I better get on it before he gets so many he can't keep up!
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 28th, 2013 at 07:22pm
I love Gerard's twitter shenanigans that have been going on the past few days. So entertaining and so sweet.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
March 28th, 2013 at 07:47pm
earth2themorgue:
I love Gerard's twitter shenanigans thats been going on the past few days. So entertaining and so sweet.

It actually makes me really happy.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 29th, 2013 at 06:09am
earth2themorgue:
I love Gerard's twitter shenanigans that have been going on the past few days. So entertaining and so sweet.
yes! makes me feel better about this whole situation. just, you know, hearing from him. knowing he's still there. knowing he cares.
casyy
Killjoy
casyy
March 29th, 2013 at 08:44am
Paint It Black:
earth2themorgue:
yes! makes me feel better about this whole situation. just, you know, hearing from him. knowing he's still there. knowing he cares.

Have to agree with this guys, I really love seeing Gerard's updates, especially the fact he now has a P.O box the absolutely insane guy:')
None the less, I don't think this will be the end. For My Chemical Romance? Maybe, but not for any of these guys Cry
kri3ty
Killjoy
kri3ty
March 30th, 2013 at 03:44am
I just realised, after all these years of reading posts on here, my post on this forum was the first I've ever actually posted. I'm more of a listener I guess.

I'm also really enjoying Gerard's twitter shenanigans, and am really gratefull he's giving the fans an outlet.

He always seemed to have everything planned out perfectly, like in that interview where he said what he had planned for the years 2006 onwards, and it panned out exactly right. And now it's like he knows exactly what to do as if he had the breakup planned perfectly as well incase it ever happened. He's one of those mysterious people that seems to have a 6th sense.
orca
In The Murder Scene
orca
March 31st, 2013 at 01:54pm
I haven't posted in here since 2008 but I wanted to come by after I read about the break up.

I haven't really been part of the fandom since then, but my love for them never died, really, nor did I ever stop liking their music, new or old. This band was a huge part of my life once in so many ways and I've met so many amazing people thanks to them and some I still keep in touch with. So thanks MCR. I hope the best for all of them in the future.

Other than that, reading through this post brought back some good memories. Though back then I didn't think elizagate could ever bring a smile on my face Very Happy
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
March 31st, 2013 at 03:48pm
kri3ty:
I just realised, after all these years of reading posts on here, my post on this forum was the first I've ever actually posted. I'm more of a listener I guess.

Haha, I am always like this with forums. I like to lurk for a really long time, then I join late and am afraid of being accused of newb-ism and not knowing anything, but I never got that here. Smile
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 2nd, 2013 at 02:26pm
orca:
I haven't posted in here since 2008 but I wanted to come by after I read about the break up.

I haven't really been part of the fandom since then, but my love for them never died, really, nor did I ever stop liking their music, new or old. This band was a huge part of my life once in so many ways and I've met so many amazing people thanks to them and some I still keep in touch with. So thanks MCR. I hope the best for all of them in the future.

Other than that, reading through this post brought back some good memories. Though back then I didn't think elizagate could ever bring a smile on my face Very Happy

Holds Maria!! How the devil are you? Xoxo