Don't have an account? Create one!

Best Concert You've Ever Been To?

AuthorMessage
crackerjack
Jazz Hands
crackerjack
November 19th, 2006 at 10:05pm
Taking Back Sunday with Angels and Airwaves, Head Automatica and the Subways. It was perfect! I met Head Automatica (a dream come true). The crowd was great too. Some people sang only Adam's part and others sang Fred's, the rest tried to sing both lol! It was lovely Very Happy
Jess_1271
Killjoy
Jess_1271
November 25th, 2006 at 11:12pm
hotel-bella-muerte:
when i saw green day, MCR and jimmy eat world all in one. i communicated with billie joe Very Happy

or TLE.

hey im the same as you. I saw MCR, Jimmy eat world and Green day at the SCG in the idiot box. And ive seen TLE twice. i saw them on mAY 12th at the hordon pavilion and at shellys under 18s. they are the best.
katexcore
Jazz Hands
katexcore
December 5th, 2006 at 04:55pm
My Chemical Romance,
12th November.
My throte hurt for about a week afterwoods. I screamed so much.
I was on such an adrenilin high that night,
I was going with one of my best friends, but earlier that day we'd had a huge fight so all the way there we wen't talking. Then while we were in the line outside she got the text message I'd sent her trying to get her to understand my side of what happned. And we had an emotional make up.
So I went from super bummed out to super super happy and the show was fantastic, it was the best night of my life!
I got an awsome show and my best friend back, how could it have gotten anybetter with out actuly meeting MCR!
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
December 5th, 2006 at 05:22pm
story of the year. it beats the big green day gig with JEW and MCR. yes...cos that story show was freakin. awesome.
PenisPie
Bleeding on the Floor
PenisPie
December 6th, 2006 at 02:09am
Panic! At the Disco.
Best night of my life!
kitching
Joining The Black Parade
kitching
December 6th, 2006 at 06:17pm
Hmmm.
Its a tie between a invite only foo fighters accoustic show, or My chem with circa survive and thrice.
Its the first time Ive ever seen my dad mosh.
It was really cool, becasue we bonded more.
ChAoS
Fabulous Killjoy
ChAoS
December 8th, 2006 at 04:28pm
System Of A Down with Avenged Sevenfold (and four other crappy bands)
It was awesome. It was raining. Then it stopped but there was mud everywhere. We endured the crappy bands and then there was Avenged Sevenfold. They came out of stage and it starts raining again.
But it was worth the 8 hours of waiting and the mud and the rain.

But it will lose his place when I'll see MCR...One day maybe...
miss california.
Bleeding on the Floor
miss california.
December 8th, 2006 at 04:53pm
My Chemical Romance @ Liverpool Uni.
I was on the barrier, which was so amazing.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
December 8th, 2006 at 06:57pm
I've only seen The Strokes in concert.
But I think it was one of the best anyway. Since I'm so obsessed.
Cool
legionsofgotham
Killjoy
legionsofgotham
December 11th, 2006 at 01:29am
Hey all, I'm new here.

I think the best concert I've ever been to was Praga Khan / Lords of Acid in Chicago back in 2000. That was absolutely amazing!
Modern Swinger
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Modern Swinger
December 15th, 2006 at 11:24am
The concert i've been to is the 2nd time I saw Avenged Sevenfold and last years Warped Tour in Detroit. Aiden and The Pink Spiders were there, it was fucking amazing and i met The Pink Spiders
josh franceschi.
Salute You in Your Grave
josh franceschi.
December 16th, 2006 at 09:38pm
My Chemical Romance was amazing. It was a week ago yesterday and my voice is still screwed up from screaming. The Arco Arena parking lot sucks ass. It was raining, cold rain, windy, freaking freezing, the parking lot is dark. I got an awful cold, but it was worth it.

Goo Goo Dolls were sweet too. Except for the two smelly fat drunk guys next to us. >.<

Cheap Trick. I caught, like, 1847209857 guitar picks. I made earrings and a necklace.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
December 17th, 2006 at 06:11pm
MCR at the Aragon.
ab aeterno.
Lost My Fear of Falling
ab aeterno.
December 19th, 2006 at 03:31am
MCR, TBS, Angels And Airwaves, and Ok Go.
It was wicked, even though I missed AVA and Ok Go...
bamcr
Joining The Black Parade
bamcr
December 19th, 2006 at 06:47pm
MCR at Halloween.
It was my first concert

...Actually Britney Spears was. And I didn't just admit that.
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
December 19th, 2006 at 09:18pm
bamcr:
MCR at Halloween.
It was my first concert

...Actually Britney Spears was. And I didn't just admit that.

My Chem on Halloween?! I bet that was fucking awesome. I've always wanted to see them on Halloween.

And, yes, we all have our embarrasing first concert stories. My first show was Blue Oyster Cult BUT my second show I saw the guys who sing "Who let the Dogs Out"
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
December 20th, 2006 at 04:38am
my chem with drive by and every time i die 4th november 2005 (my second ever concert!!!)
Ivory
Killjoy
Ivory
December 20th, 2006 at 04:26pm
MCR at the HOB in vegas last week. It's the only show I've been to so far, but I thought it was pretty fuckin awesome
Beo
Killjoy
Beo
December 24th, 2006 at 03:27am
December 8th, 2006. Best show and worst show ever. 6 bands.

Gnarles Barkley.
Papa Roach.
Track Fighter.
Aroarah.
The Secretions.
My Chemical Romance.

Gnarles Barkley: They flat out stunk. The only good thing about them was that they had 20 violins. It's just looked good. Never said it sounded good.

Papa Roach: The only band besides Aroarah and The Secretions that could sing in tune that night. Kudos for that.

Track Fighter: Screamo. *shudders* I hate screamo.

Aroarah: KICKED ASS. Fronted by all females. A damn good drummer, their bassist used her fingers to play (no picks!) like it should be, their guitarist was great, and I got a free CD from them. Like a cross between punk and metal. Those girls kicked ass.

The Secretions: The best band of the night. More about that later.

My Chemical Romance: Now I begin the real review.

KWOD announced that the Secretions were going to be playing Arco Arena at the last minute with My Chemical Romance. I figured "Cool. THIS I must see." Unfortunately, my friends and I only got seats that were pretty crappy. We arrived at Arco only about 30 minutes before the doors opened and walked around in our shirts (which the phrase on it is too offensive for you guys). We took our seats and some guys from local bands like Last Chance and Too Many Apricots started showing up. It was neat. Everyone in our section was there to see The Secretions. Jesse from the band Last Chance got a call and went away and then the Secretions started playing. Right then, Jesse ran back up to my four friends and I with wristbands and said to us, "Danny said to give these to you guys! Get down there NOW!!" (Danny Secretion/Drummer for the Secretions) Estatic I was.

We ran to the floor to the opening song "I'm Gonna Kick Your Daddy's Ass" and pushed our way to the front. Danny did indeed see us and started making faces at us and stuff. It's something we do all the time. Their set included a lot of my favorites from "Computerhead" to "Sick Of Feelin' Like S***". The main highlights from the show were the songs "Art Rock Mother F*****" which for that night only was changed to "Emo Mother F*****". Everyone was dancin until they realized "Wait... they're makin fun of us!". But we knew exactly how to sing it as the band let everyone know on MySpace a few days ahead of time. The main point happened during the breakdown of the song "Boner" where they brought out one of their guys from Springman records dressed like an emo kid on stage. The dancers beat him to a pulp and then out comes a 7'8" black santa with a giant dick that read "Emo Sux" on it and acted out a butt rape scene.

Danny then shouted into the mic something that I will love him til the end of time for, "We are the Secretions from Sacramento California and our message is simple: F*** CORPORATE ROCK! F*** MAJOR LABEL ROCK! You don't have to pay $35 to see a f****** show! You can support local bands like THE GROOVIE GHOULIES, FINAL SUMMATION, LAST CHANCE, LOSING ALL PRIDE, and the mother f****** SECRETIONS!" The set was finished and Danny came onto the floor where he hugged my friend Lexy and I and then proceeded to sign our shirts. He talked to us for a bit basically saying stuff like "I can't believe you made it! Thanks so much for coming out!" Anything for them we replied. He then told us his plan for My Chem's set... and oh what a plan it was.

I am sorry to say that I lost nearly all the respect I had for My Chemical Romance that night. Firstly. Nothing they played came from their first album. NOTHING. Secondly. It really ticked me off when Gerard said "And lets give a big hand for the... uh... second stage!!!" Is it really that hard to remember the names of two bands that played before you? Aroarah and The Secretions. C'mon, Gerard. At this point I was already ticked off enough to join my buddy Matt (who brought out the Emo Sux dick from backstage) and we waved it around and took pictures with it and everything. Matt ran all the way to the other side and Gerard saw him alright and visibly started pouting and the flipped him off. If Gerard or the rest of the band for that matter had any sense of punk at all (as they claim to love the Misfits so much), they would have had fun with it instead of deal with it like that. That previous statement was the third thing. Fourthly. Gerard actually said "We've been a band now for the past 5 years." What was really unbelievable was the response. Like everyone supports 5 years. I couldn't resist yelling out when everything went silent, "Yeah? The Secretions have been playing for 15 years not once giving into corporate rock!" I liked it after that cause Gerard and Mikey glared at me. I didn't care. Fifthly. Gerard was out of key the whole night. Nothing sounded good. Cept for maybe Cemetery Drive. That's it. Their live performance of Helena was horrible too. Sixthly (now I'm just making these up). There wasn't one thing I think that I didn't see replicated from the Green Day show I saw last year. Gerard acted almost EXACTLY the same as Billie Joe with the SAME voice and everything trying to work the crowd. Same phrases. Ugh.

We stayed for half of Papa Roach's set before finally deciding to leave. We didn't want to be caught in the onslaught of traffic afterwards (despite that, Papa Roach was pretty good of what I did see).

Aroarah and Papa Roach did good. The Secretions did awesome. My Chem didn't impress me at all.

I did end up talking to Danny a couple days afterwards and he once again thanked me for coming out, said my pic with their "Emo Sux" blowup was classic and that I should use it as my Christmas card and said some other things.

And that concludes the best concert I've ever been to. If you're reading this far, you probably hate me. But that's me. Chya! See you around.

EDIT: By the way. I noticed a lot of you saying that the shows you posted here were your first or second or whatever. This was my... *counts in head* Probably the 25th show I've been to in the past year alone. I actually have the right to claim it as "The Best Show I've Ever Been To." How can you claim it as the greatest if you've never seen much else? I love my music. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANDS!!!

PS. I don't mean to be flaming or anything. It's just my opinions. Cheers.
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
December 24th, 2006 at 03:38pm
I think the topic meant the best show you've seen SO FAR. And yes, even though some people may have only seen a couple shows in their entire life , they can still reply to this topic.