Don't have an account? Create one!

Aussie Bands...

AuthorMessage
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
December 4th, 2007 at 10:19am
Lol I met the Getaway plan and the Lead singer gave me his number.
Lulz.
I actually missed them at MCR. I didn't go in until just before MCR came on.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
December 6th, 2007 at 09:05am
xRhiannonx:
The Living End > every other Aussie band.

Totally see you at the longnecks melbourne show in feb
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 6th, 2007 at 07:39pm
Fuck yes. I am so excited. And they're almost all 18+! It makes me laugh when all the under 18's on the TLE forum whinge about not being to go.

The 2 new songs they played last Friday were amazing. Particularly How Do We Know? I'm really excited about the new stuff.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
December 9th, 2007 at 10:31pm
I got the 'Across the Great Divide' DVD (as I didn't go to the concert) and gosh, I love Powderfinger.
I think Bernard Fanning is just an absolute gentleman, and his voice is just amazing.
And, I've never been much of a Silverchair fan, but they're fantastic.
Their music is just superb. It's actually a lot grungier/heavier than I thought.

So the DVD has made me realise my love for (most of) the Aussie rock music scene.
When you think about it, there are some really good Aussie rock bands, or y'know, alternative artists etc.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 10th, 2007 at 02:52am
I watched that on telly on Saturday, it made me regret not going more than I already did.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 10th, 2007 at 03:49am

Same XD

I'm hoping I get the dvd for Christmas ;D
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
December 12th, 2007 at 12:26am
I'd say no regrets for not going. But the Enmore silverchair show earlier this year was definitely worth it.

and jules? Bernard Fanning, a gentleman?! I'm about to make a senseless claim, but I have to say Gerard Way is more a gentleman than Fanning.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 12th, 2007 at 12:43am

No way. Gerard = wanker.

Bernard > Gerard.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
December 12th, 2007 at 12:46am
I'd be happy to have fight-off with you over that matter *grin* only offline though, as it will cause too much spam Very Happy
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 12th, 2007 at 01:03am
Given Gerard's antics of late, I'd have to say Bernard is more of a gentleman. Even still, Gee has always been rough round the edges.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
December 12th, 2007 at 01:10am
xRhiannonx:
Even still, Gee has always been rough round the edges.

probably meaning my sort of gentleman.
but still, I'd never understand Bernard's gentlemanly style that goes roughly like, "ladies & gents...*blah*blah*...F-this, F-that."
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
December 12th, 2007 at 06:41am
lmao, Gerard Way is many things, but gentleman is most definitely not one of them, gentlemen really don't encourage their fans to fuck themselves and Bernard Fanning does have a gentlemanly air to him you can't say he's not because he swears, and then name Gee as the most gentlemanly of them all Razz
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 12th, 2007 at 07:11am
Hehe, I can't say I've ever heard Bernard Fanning swear, nor have I seen a full Powderfinger concert... but I think I can safely say Gee would win hands down in dropping the f-bomb stakes. I couldn't help but notice how he added 'motherfucker' into every second lyric. It became rather unnecessary.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
December 12th, 2007 at 06:37pm

Bernard says it in that complete bogan Australian way, if that makes sense lol.

I've got to say, I think Powderfinger are some of the most down to earth, genuine people in the music industry.
Everytime I see them, whether it be live, in videos, doing intervies or whatever, they always seem so happy and grateful that they are where they are.
And when you see them live, you can tell that they're having a great time, they aren't just doing it because they 'have' to.

The same goes for TLE actually
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 12th, 2007 at 09:25pm
^ exactly. I think it's a typical Aussie rock band kind of thing. And by Aussie, I mean the yobbo ones. The ones that embody our laid back culture. It's my favourite thing about TLE. They way they're all like 'lets put on a good show, but more importantly lets have a good time whilst doing it'.

Silverchair is much the same. I loved Daniel Johns parrot joke last time I saw them. It didn't make any sense whatsoever, but it was hilarious simply because of his delivery.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
December 13th, 2007 at 05:58pm
im buying my sister the Across The Great Divide DVD for Christmas. [haha she's 10 years old]
she is overly obsessed with Silverchair and i think it's my fault. but that's fine with me, coz i get to watch the DVD with her Very Happy
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
December 14th, 2007 at 12:52am
daniel john talks an awful lot but i guess that makes fans happy. At Enmore he told a koala joke i can't remember what it was but i didn't know how to laugh at it. ahah kinda long winded and lame.

and basically i had no proof to backup my statement about Gerard being a gentleman. ahah. I was just bagging out Bernard.
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
December 15th, 2007 at 07:43am
I missed watching that tour on tv... It was my cousins Birthday. I love Silverchair!
I like many Aussie local bands but if I mention the names, no one's gonna know who they are.
Well... My favourite Aussie local bands are Picture Perfect Skys and The Invitation. They have myspaces so check them out sometime.

I love Aussie bands like Small Mercies, Behind Crimson Eyes, Jet, Gyroscope etc.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
December 16th, 2007 at 03:02am
Mammal. Gosh. I just love those guys. Every show kills. Friday night was no exception. Zeke's stage presence is just amazing. It's rather intimidating when he's making eye contact and singing to you, though. Only two more times I get to see them before they disappear to record. Sigh. All you people going to BDO, enjoy their last performance for me.

It's funny, I remember seeing them in Feb last year, after BDO, and he said that he saw a lot of Mammal t-shirts around the place, then goes "Keep wearing 'em and they might books us on the fucking festival next year." Their hard work [and ours haha] finally paid off.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
December 16th, 2007 at 03:14am
You know who's adorable, and australian (woot, alliteration!) Little Red. I'm seeing them on tuesday, they're supporting Claire Bowditch and The Feeding Set.