Don't have an account? Create one!

C-Section Being An Option.

AuthorMessage
keleigh/vampiress
Bleeding on the Floor
keleigh/vampiress
June 4th, 2006 at 05:21pm
i say, if you can pay for it, and you can deal with the scarring, i think it should be an option.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
June 4th, 2006 at 05:23pm
I'm not bashing this topic. I'm all for this type of discussion.

But....I think it's weird that people come to an MCR message board to talk about....Vaginal VS. C-Section.....

Or at least a little funny. Could you imagine Frankie?

oh yeahm I'm all for Vaginal....
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
June 4th, 2006 at 05:35pm
i have nothing against having a c-section if you need it
but i wouldnt have one unless my babies life, or my well-being was at risk.

i just think its silly when people decide to have a c-section because they're afraid of a vaginal birth.
only my opinion though Wink
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
June 4th, 2006 at 05:37pm
Well, It's understandable how some women would be afraid. Your pushing something the size of a watermelon through something the size of an orange.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
June 4th, 2006 at 05:39pm
i know, its pretty scary to think about, ill admit.
but its also one of the most natural things in the world, and you're in a room full of professionals who know what they're doing
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
June 4th, 2006 at 05:39pm
I have nothing against people who have/had c-sections but to me it sounds more painful to get your stomach sliced open than to push it out through your vagina.

And plus you don't get scars and don't have to have recovery time.

I'm pro-choice.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 4th, 2006 at 05:47pm
Decisive and Intentioned:
I have nothing against people who have/had c-sections but to me it sounds more painful to get your stomach sliced open than to push it out through your vagina.

I'm pro-choice.

9/10 women who have vaginal births rip their vaginas and have to have them sewn up. That leaves scars, and hurts.

They also go through hours and hours of horrible contractions. I know women who were in labor for 24+ hours.

A planned c-section is very comfortable. You go in. You get a shot in the back. You lie down. They take the baby out. Sew you back up. Done.
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
June 4th, 2006 at 07:45pm
Yara:
Decisive and Intentioned:

I'm pro-choice.

9/10 women who have vaginal births rip their vaginas and have to have them sewn up. That leaves scars, and hurts.

They also go through hours and hours of horrible contractions. I know women who were in labor for 24+ hours.

A planned c-section is very comfortable. You go in. You get a shot in the back. You lie down. They take the baby out. Sew you back up. Done.
If you move one inch during that "shot in the back" you will be parilyzed for life. In my Child Growth & Developement class, we watched a show about a lady who had that happen to her. She has to use a wheelchair and everything.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 4th, 2006 at 07:46pm
awwwsugar:
If you move one inch during that "shot in the back" you will be parilyzed for life. In my Child Growth & Developement class, we watched a show about a lady who had that happen to her. She has to use a wheelchair and everything.

Some (most) women who have vaginal births get a shot called an "edidural", which takes away the pain of contractions. This shot is put right through the spine too.
vale.
Shotgun Sinner
vale.
June 4th, 2006 at 07:55pm
Epidurals are wonderful just as long as you can take the pain when they insert it. I love them and I always get them whenever I have operations.
Back to c-sections...
Some women tear their vagina during a natural birth. That can cause severe bleeding and even possible death. My mother opted for natural birth for all three of us children, no painkillers or anything. When she was having my younger brother, the lining of her vagina tore, and she almost bled to death. Thankfully she didn't, but a c-section would have saved us all that fear. We came close to losing our mother that day. I realize there are some possible complications when having a c-section, but it seems to me like it would be the safer alternative. Of course, there are always serious risks when it comes to surgical procedures.
I suppose it's a personal choice.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
June 4th, 2006 at 07:59pm
My oldest sister was a C-section baby. I think my she was tangled in the umbilical cord or something. It think it's alright.
But overall, it's the mother's choice. :]
diamond girl
In The Murder Scene
diamond girl
June 4th, 2006 at 08:00pm
All three times my mom was pregnant, she had a c-section. With my older sister, it was needed, because she was breech. Then with my twin brother and sister, they were 6 weeks early, and my brothers lungs ended up collapsing because the umbilical cord got wrapped around his throat. But with me, my mom just had a scheduled c-section. I personally would want a vaginal birth, but don't see why it shouldn't be optional.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
June 19th, 2006 at 09:32pm
If you have a C-section can you have another child. I heard some where that with a C-section you can't have another child. It doesn't sound like that is true but, I was wondering.

I don't see why the mother shouldn't be able to choose. There are risks for both.
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 19th, 2006 at 09:39pm
Both my sister and I are C-Section babies.

I think it should be the mothers choice, although I'd rather have a more natural birth.

To prevent vaginal tearing you can get and empisiotomy( I think that's how you'd spell it.) It's when they cut you from your anus to your vagina. It's just to help it heal better with less chance of an infection.
Roxx my Soxx
Bleeding on the Floor
Roxx my Soxx
June 21st, 2006 at 09:52am
C-sections shouldn't be optional. My mom had to have one for me and she almost died. So many bad things can happened and I don't see why anyone would want that.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 21st, 2006 at 12:12pm
rox_my_sox:
C-sections shouldn't be optional. My mom had to have one for me and she almost died. So many bad things can happened and I don't see why anyone would want that.

Worse things can happen during a vaginal birth. You're generalizing.
cocaine.
Shotgun Sinner
cocaine.
June 22nd, 2006 at 05:29am
I don't see why C-section shouldn't be an option.

How big is the scar from a C-section anyway?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
June 22nd, 2006 at 11:43am
C-Sections have risks, too.

It's a major surgery. Like any other major surgery, there's going to be risks. For both mother and child. Plus, I've heard from women who've had C-Sections before that the scar is huge, and the recovery time is painful because of all the muscles and stuff you had to cut through.
Yara; wtf...
Shotgun Sinner
Yara; wtf...
June 22nd, 2006 at 12:02pm
Scout, we're goin' down;:
I don't see why C-section shouldn't be an option.

How big is the scar from a C-section anyway?

Usually (atleast nowadays) no more than 3-5 inches.
And it fades away after about a year.
A lady in white
Motor Baby
A lady in white
June 22nd, 2006 at 05:45pm
I think that C-sections are all right if they're done by a skilled doctor, and although it does have its risks, sometimes it can save both the mother and the baby.