TheVictoriaParade;;
September 3rd, 2006 at 06:13pm
I don't see a problem with it.
It's the mother's choice.
sonnie paranoia
Salute You in Your Grave
sonnie paranoia
September 6th, 2006 at 09:44pm
I worked in the recovery room as a student for maternity and gynaecology for 5 weeks and I can tell you there were a lot of elective c-section. Most of reasons include previous c-section, diabetes, the baby's too big, twins, hypertension, diabetes, etc. But yes, C-section is not recommended until necessary, however nowadays there are other reasons that could lead them into having a C-section. Its true that there are complications and its more painful but there's always the pain killers and doctors are always present. It leaves a big scar but it is mostly on the suprapubic area which means you can still wear a bikini(that's what my nurse said). So I guess C-section is okay
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 8th, 2006 at 05:50am
I dont see a problem with it....

Ive heard it is much much safer to do a C-section..

The baby has a better chance of living..

Im all for it!
green days girl xxx
Killjoy
green days girl xxx
November 8th, 2006 at 07:26am
i think its good havking that as an option because you may have a low pain threshold
ServeItInDrag
Fabulous Killjoy
ServeItInDrag
November 8th, 2006 at 11:20am
Personally if push came to shove (no pun intended) id have to say vaginally..BUT....If thers complications aka mom or baby are in trouble then C section all the way Cool
LOL I know a woman who gave birth to a baby who weighed a whopping 14lb and did it vaginally Shocked ..eeks like pushing out a melon thru an opening the size of a lemon Laughing .
Makes me wanna cross my legs to be honest! Razz
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
November 8th, 2006 at 12:15pm
im scared of child birth but if i get pregrant i would prefer natural birth
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 03:28pm
Hey, I think if you're actually gonna have the baby, you can have it how you want. Vaginal birth is generally painful, and if you have a c-sections, you still have your baby.
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
November 24th, 2006 at 06:15pm
I agree.. C-Section is fine
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
November 27th, 2006 at 04:45am
Although many people see a problem with have a C-sectoin for no reason, i see no problem with it.
I want to have my baby via C-section, not because of the pain, or the 'stretching' or anything, but the slim chance i could die during child birth, and never get to see my baby. Also the potential guilt they may feel. My friend is convinved that he killed his mother.

I know about all the risks of C-sections, and i know its a very slim chance that i will die giving birth, but its seriously not a risk im willing to take.

-S
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 27th, 2006 at 09:48am
provehito in altum.:
C-section used to be used as a last resort, but now that it's become optional, many women nowadays choose that over vaginal birth.

Do you think it shouldn't be optional anymore?

C-section has more risks than vaginal birth, and it's also more painful because of the recovery time. But if the mother has complications and NEEDS one, it's worth it.

I have went threw 3 pregnancies. 2 had to be done by C-Sections, because me and the babie(S) almost dies.
I would not consider having a C-Section unless it had to be done.

I can name a few of the disavantages of C-Sections.

After my first one I had such a bad infection, talk about the pain. I lost alot of blood and the doctor wanted me to have a blood tranfusion, which I needed but declined to have one. The recovery for both of my C-Sections were so brutal. C-Sections should only be used as a last resort. I almost dioes during the last one. I also lost even more blood than the first one, this is when I had twins. First time mothers say that they want one because they don't want to go threw the pain of Vaginal way. But the recovery is much more painful then the natural pushing the baby out. I had one vaginal birting, which is alot less painful then the C-Section. Sure you don't feel anything during the Surgery, you can feel the deoctors hands in your stomach, you can feel all of the pressure and you can feel your upper body moving, jiggling and you can feel the baby coming out too. But after the C-Section and when the med has ran out, Honny. It hurts and it hurts bad. You can't take a bath at all, or you can't take a shower for 3 days. I had to have a all liquids diet for 4 days afterwards too. I was so hungry, like you would not believe. This might sound gross to you. But the nurses and doctors would not let me eat until I passed gas. Yes, I had to fart before I ate anything at all. LOL. Anyway, there is more painful and crazy stuff for me to add. But I won't.
xxLove and Light Honnies. xx

I almost forgot to add that I now have scar tissue on my right ovary. Which is very very painful. I had to have a drainage plug, which left a bump in my stomach that has a dent right in the middle. Some of my muscle had to be removed. I lost extra blood because of the drainage plug. Which is used to remove old blood so you don't get infected, which I also lost new blood as well.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 27th, 2006 at 09:52am
Yara; wtf...:
Although I would prefer a vaginal birth, every single woman on my moms side has had a c-section. My mom had three. So it kind of looks like I'm having one too.

The good thing about it is that you don't have to worry about when it's gonna happen. You're not gonna wake up at 3am feeling like you're gonna die, and then have the baby in the backseat of your husbands van.

Although my sister in law had a planned c-section for june 8th, her baby decided to show up two weeks too early by vaginal.

All of my C-Section were emergenies. I went threw over 30 hours of labour before being rushed into the OR. This is for my first C-Section and my last one too. My sister had to have a planned C-Section, because her baby was too big to come out the natural way. I only agree with C-Sections if it is medically needed. Other than that. Noway.
stormygirl84
Jazz Hands
stormygirl84
November 27th, 2006 at 08:37pm
I'm kind of divided on this. It makes me a little mad when celebrities plan it... You know, the ones who reserve the most "posh" room in the absolute best hospital (God forbid if there were an emergency with a REAL person and they weren't allowed to use Brtiney Spears' or Julia Roberts' room, could you imagine?), and then afterwards spend all their time working on getting their bodies back in shape rather than spending time with their new babies... *cough*HeidiKlum!*cough* Yeah, it bugs me. It makes it seems so superficial.

But then I think that people should have a choice, same as I think they should have a choice about abortion.

I myself would want the choice, and I'd want the C-section. I admit that I'm afraid of the idea of labor and giving birth.

But on the other hand, I'd likely need the C-section, since I have a fairly serious heart condition. That is, if I can even have children... I'm still not sure if it's safe for me to. And as for the scars, I doubt it would bother me, as I've already got a 9-inch scar running down my chest from open-heart surgery.

So, yeah, I think people should have a choice. It sucks that some people (namely celebrities) take advantage of it, but that's just the way it is.
Priss
Fabulous Killjoy
Priss
November 28th, 2006 at 01:06am
Delirium_x:
C-section is a great idea if you need it, but i keep hearing of all these incredibly vain people who go for C-section because they "don't want to stretch out their pussys"<--quoting my friend there.

OMG my mon had 3 C-section 'cuz my 2 sisters and I were risky pregnancies but in my opinion it's ok if you can have trouble but i've heard doctor say that having a natural birth has something to do with the way the kids will relate to their moms when they grow up dunno maybe it's true but i so agree with your friend.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 28th, 2006 at 12:12pm
I don't think women should plan a C-Section for the sake of planning a C-Section. The pain of natural does hurt, trust me I went threw it. it hurts alot. But....But....The pain of C-Sections are far worst once your spinal med wears off. It is the recovery that is bad. For my last 2 pregnancies I had alot of complications during the pregnancies and during labour. So I had to have them. It makes me laugh when I hear women want to plan one because of the pain of giving birth. If they only knew, they wouldn't even considera C-Section. My sister had to have one too. her's was very bad actually. Believe this or not. But she had a epidural and part way threw her surgery the medication had worn off. Because the epidural tube had to be removed prior to the OP. She has bad memories of that. Poor girl. She also had gotten a very bad infection, her and the baby had to stay longer at the hospital. She had to stay for almost 1 week, hre son stayed for close to 3 weeks. This was an emergeny OP. She also did not have a choice but to have a C-Section either. But then there are the ones who want them because they are available. Hehe, I am not going to tell them not to, that's not my call. But if they plan one for the sake of doing so. Good luck with the recovery Honnies. They'll need it.
ElizasMAMA
Fabulous Killjoy
ElizasMAMA
December 1st, 2006 at 04:40pm
i thinkits fine if its really what the mother wants, i mean at least thier still giving birth to the child.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 1st, 2006 at 07:28pm
I would just like to ask something, if I may?
This is for the ones that think without medically needing a C-Section that it is ok for the mother to choose to have a C-Section.

How many of you have actually had a C-Section?

With a unnessasary C-Section, or any C-Section for that matter. Can have complications concerning the mother. I had complications. I can not imagine anyone who would want a C-Section. I don't know, maybe both of my C-Section complcatiions were just freak ones. I am just going by personal expirences.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 4th, 2006 at 06:21pm
Uh...

I don't see why this is an issue. Some women feel more comfortable getting a C-section.

Vaginal birthing can be extremely difficult, it can tear tissues, the baby might be too big, or in the case of twins, why would you push two babies out? Most women don't.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 5th, 2006 at 12:14pm
xMari_Malicex:
Uh...

I don't see why this is an issue. Some women feel more comfortable getting a C-section.

Vaginal birthing can be extremely difficult, it can tear tissues, the baby might be too big, or in the case of twins, why would you push two babies out? Most women don't.

Yes, there are reasons. I had 2 for those exact reasons that you stated. The baby was coming out brow first and would not fit, I also had twins too.
But as for tissue tearing because of vaginal birth. What about the scar tissue which will never heal that is caused by C-Sections?
I would rather tear my vagina and have it heal than to have this painful scar tissue that will stay with me for life.

Some mothers don't think about the outcome, scar tissue doesn't happen over night, it took almost 3 years for me to feel that pain. But now the pain is there and will never go away.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
December 5th, 2006 at 02:13pm
green days girl xxx:
i think its good havking that as an option because you may have a low pain threshold

I was just going threw the replies to see all of the views. Then i came across this. If you have a low pain threshold, do not get a C-Section.
I am lead to believe that alot of you have not even had one.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
December 5th, 2006 at 02:31pm
xMari_Malicex:
Uh...

But natural birth is just that, NATURAL. It is also harder to recover from having a c section, there are more chances of infection and complications. I think c sections are fine if there is a problem with delivery but otherwise natural births should be encouraged.