Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions for Moderators and Administrators

AuthorMessage
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
September 23rd, 2008 at 04:13am
How come sometimes when you click 'View Posts' of someone, it brings up the list of topics they last posted in? And there posts never show up on the threads?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 23rd, 2008 at 05:58am
To Zanarkand:
How come sometimes when you click 'View Posts' of someone, it brings up the list of topics they last posted in? And there posts never show up on the threads?

as mentioned a few times before it's because new members have to have their posts approved before they are visible to anyone else. It's to avoid a repeat of the gorespamming that happened a few months back. Once their posts have approved you will be able to see them.

Thanks.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 25th, 2008 at 09:37am
not-obssest:
hi guys, not sure if this is the right place for this (if not sorry Sad )
on the chat section of the site there is a room that was created by Laura RAWR (I think from INO) thats all fine, only the room seems to have been there for months with Laura in it.
is this some kinda error causeing the room to stay open, or has she just left her computer logged on whilst in the chat room.
thanks in advance Mr. Green

//edit/ sorry forgot to mention. she doesnt responded to anyone entering the room or anyone talking to her. she doesnt seem to do...anything.

It sounds maybe like she's logged in accidentally or it's an error. I don't see it though.

Edit: oh. I don't know that we can actually do anything about that, tbh. I can run it by Dujo.
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
September 25th, 2008 at 09:49am
When i want to add a picture to my profile it loads and after some time it shows 'done' but there's just blank page.
I though that it's some error that would go away, but i can't add it for some week now.
Anyone can fix this or smth?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 25th, 2008 at 12:40pm
steff.:
not-obssest:
hi guys, not sure if this is the right place for this (if not sorry Sad )
on the chat section of the site there is a room that was created by Laura RAWR (I think from INO) thats all fine, only the room seems to have been there for months with Laura in it.
is this some kinda error causeing the room to stay open, or has she just left her computer logged on whilst in the chat room.
thanks in advance Mr. Green

//edit/ sorry forgot to mention. she doesnt responded to anyone entering the room or anyone talking to her. she doesnt seem to do...anything.

It sounds maybe like she's logged in accidentally or it's an error. I don't see it though.

Edit: oh. I don't know that we can actually do anything about that, tbh. I can run it by Dujo.

I have already passed this onto Dujo, I think he's dealing with it.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 25th, 2008 at 01:34pm
Thanks, because I forgot. :]
Legion
Salute You in Your Grave
Legion
September 26th, 2008 at 08:17am
ok, thanks to you both Mr. Green
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
September 26th, 2008 at 08:54am
I had an idea for a thread but I don't know if it'd be good. it would be called your views on life and i thought up a first post but I dunno. I thought it might belong in the Discussions rather than the chamber.

Bert McCracken:
Lately I have been deliberating about everyones view on life, and discussing with others why that is, so this thread is a little different, its a bit too serious for the INO Chamber, its sort of like you tell people what your view on life is, what you've experienced and the next person will tell you the things they agree and disagree in detail, discussing what they think is good and bad about your view.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 27th, 2008 at 11:20am
I want to say there are threads that encompass that idea but I'm not entirely sure. Anyone?

What do you mean by View on Life anyway? Like the meaning of life? I don't understand what you mean by view exactly. Like what the discussion would actually have in it.

At any rate, maybe I'd try it out in the Chamber and see the direction it takes, indicating that your goal is to keep it serious enough to move to the Discussion Board. But wait for now.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 27th, 2008 at 08:24pm
tbqh, I think it deserves a thread in discussions and then see where it goes. that's just me but...
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 27th, 2008 at 11:16pm
Well, I'd like to know what it means first, because we already have a meaning of life thread don't we? And if you're just talking about your life experiences, that isn't a discussion, it's a share-and-care thing.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
September 28th, 2008 at 11:17am
steff.:
Well, I'd like to know what it means first, because we already have a meaning of life thread don't we? And if you're just talking about your life experiences, that isn't a discussion, it's a share-and-care thing.

its like, experiences but more about what everyone thinks about the view on life, and forming opinions and what influences those opinions like, say someone said "People are influenced to be against gays because they're raised in a christian family" and people would probably say thats wrong or what they think the reasoning behind it. Its different from the meaning of life its more, what influences in life and how they come to occur in life. The decisions people make, more like life experiences in a way but not in a personal way? if you get what I mean, kind of like what in life influences the decisions people choose to have in their life, like no sex till marriage, is how they grew up the influence or what?

les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
September 28th, 2008 at 04:23pm
Soulmate:
When i want to add an edited picture to my profile it loads and after some time it shows 'done' but there's just blank page.
And then i try to upload non edited picture but it shows 'upload failed', but the pic is in JPEG format.
I though that it's some error that would go away, but i can't add it for some two weeks now.

D: plz?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
September 29th, 2008 at 05:57pm
Soulmate:
Soulmate:
When i want to add an edited picture to my profile it loads and after some time it shows 'done' but there's just blank page.
And then i try to upload non edited picture but it shows 'upload failed', but the pic is in JPEG format.
I though that it's some error that would go away, but i can't add it for some two weeks now.

D: plz?

Sorry, can't help. In fact, I dont think any of the mods/other admins can help.
I will pass it onto Dujo for you though, hopefully he will be able to sort it.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
September 29th, 2008 at 10:55pm
Bert McCracken:
steff.:

its like, experiences but more about what everyone thinks about the view on life, and forming opinions and what influences those opinions like, say someone said "People are influenced to be against gays because they're raised in a christian family" and people would probably say thats wrong or what they think the reasoning behind it. Its different from the meaning of life its more, what influences in life and how they come to occur in life. The decisions people make, more like life experiences in a way but not in a personal way? if you get what I mean, kind of like what in life influences the decisions people choose to have in their life, like no sex till marriage, is how they grew up the influence or what?

Uhh, okay, I think I understand. But that seems like a really broad topic. Try it in the Chamber...maybe some title about Influences.
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
September 30th, 2008 at 09:24am
Tallulah; Schechter:
Sorry, can't help. In fact, I dont think any of the mods/other admins can help.
I will pass it onto Dujo for you though, hopefully he will be able to sort it.

Thank you. (:
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
October 8th, 2008 at 07:22pm
Everytime I try to get to the "other artists" board, I get an error, but I can get to the thread by looking through my history and clicking on the direct link to the specific thread I want.
I think it's a bug
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 8th, 2008 at 11:22pm
^^
it woeks just fine for me, so i'm gueesing itt's not a bug. if it was it would have been reported by more people, i think... so i'm guessing it's the server acting up or something because it's working perfectly fine

try F5 on your keyboard is all i can tell you to do. it seems to work most of the time
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 9th, 2008 at 10:06am
Yeah, that happens a lot. I asked Dujo about it in the past, and he said if F5 doesn't work, use CTRL + F5
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 9th, 2008 at 06:48pm
But be careful, Control +F5 on my laptop puts it into hibernation mode! :/

There are a few problems with the server at present, but a new server is on the horizon. Hopefully it should mean that database errors become a thing of the past.