Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
November 19th, 2008 at 11:52pm
okay, thanks guys. <3
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
November 21st, 2008 at 10:22am
Is it OK if users who aren't mods or admins help out by telling other users for example if there is a page stretch or if they post unnecessary threads? I was in another forum and the mods and admins got annoyed when people tried to help out because they said it was their job. I got the impressions that it's appreciated if we help out here, but I just wanted to make sure.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 21st, 2008 at 10:37am
Just speaking for myself, I think it's great if you want to help! I'm sure it's okay for you to do that; I actually really appreciate it.
It'd be great if you gently nudge people in the right direction and report posts etc Very Happy
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 21st, 2008 at 02:02pm
I agree. Go for it, it's one of the ways that INO runs so well. The only problem comes when some people get rather over zealous and 'think' they are mods/admins. Sad having said that, they're in the minority and most of our users are actually really helpful and considerate.
Thanks for your help.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
November 21st, 2008 at 03:33pm
ok, thank you for answering (:
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
November 21st, 2008 at 03:36pm
Darkromance:
Tallulah; Schechter:
Darkromance:
I have one question:: would it be appropriate to put a certain picture on my profile, just because it's funny? It is a picture of Hitler frowning with an emo bang, and it says something like "Hilter was an emo kid" (((I have nothing against emos))) I just thought i'd ask because people tend to obviously take any kind of thing having to do with Hitler seriously.
personally i'd say no. It's funny you stating you have nothing against emo's and you seem conscious of not wanting to offend them, but you think a picture of Hitler is funny :/. Thank you for asking, but it would be best not to use it. Thanks.

Well could I get banned if I did put it on my profile? I'm being really careful becasue I got banned from another site.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
November 21st, 2008 at 03:43pm
Darkromance:

Well could I get banned if I did put it on my profile? I'm being really careful becasue I got banned from another site.

Tallulah has already replied to your question HERE.

Don't put the picture in your profile.

Thanks
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 22nd, 2008 at 08:15pm
Paint It Black:
Is it OK if users who aren't mods or admins help out by telling other users for example if there is a page stretch or if they post unnecessary threads? I was in another forum and the mods and admins got annoyed when people tried to help out because they said it was their job. I got the impressions that it's appreciated if we help out here, but I just wanted to make sure.
I know you've already been answered, but the only way we'd have a problem with it is if you start bossing people around and acting like a mod when you're not. Other than that, I'd be VERY happy if you guys helped with that.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
November 23rd, 2008 at 03:55pm
ok, that's not my intention at all. (:
thank you.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 23rd, 2008 at 04:37pm
thanks kidda. We like to think of ourselves as one happy INO family where we all help each other out. Sadly, some people don't agree, the 'hate' messages/pms we all get testify that, however, working together is the best way for INO to continue as the best MCR site on the interwebz!
/official thank you.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
November 26th, 2008 at 09:32am
how long does it takes for a person who made an account to get approved?
its because i made my friend to join INO, so i was wondering how long she has to wait.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 26th, 2008 at 09:52am
It all depends on when Dujo can get on and approve the posts. Only he is able to do it. And he has a job that keeps him very busy.
I'm sorry I can't give a definite answer, it's basically a case of waiting.

Thanks.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 29th, 2008 at 07:06am
when it comes to chat speak, is it bad that i write the words without punctuation? i mean, i do most things, like i dont write "u" instead of "you" but am i not allowed to write "dont" instead of "don't"
i hope you understand what i mean...
thanks.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 29th, 2008 at 07:56am
If you're referring to the post where Lycia picked you up, it's probably the "sed" bit that forced her to commenting.

Not using correct grammar is classed as chatspeak, however, we are not that evil to pick up every grammar misdemeanor. If your posts are difficult to understand because of poor grammar/spelling etc it's a different matter.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
November 29th, 2008 at 03:20pm
Have the threads now been changed so that the last page is 160?

I was just in the n00bs WAYT and it seems like everyone there is saying that the WAYT will end at page 160, but last time I checked threads stopped at page 200...

Thanks.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 29th, 2008 at 04:13pm
As far as I know, it ends at page 200.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 29th, 2008 at 07:55pm
human malfunction:
Have the threads now been changed so that the last page is 160?

I was just in the n00bs WAYT and it seems like everyone there is saying that the WAYT will end at page 160, but last time I checked threads stopped at page 200...

Thanks.

just for ~clarification.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
November 29th, 2008 at 09:01pm
Okay, thanks you guys! :]
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
November 30th, 2008 at 09:37am
I was wondering how people became mods and admins?
Sometimes on here and on other sites people ask me how, and I'd like to have a better answer than "Dunno."
xD
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
November 30th, 2008 at 11:17am
homesick:
I was wondering how people became mods and admins?
Sometimes on here and on other sites people ask me how, and I'd like to have a better answer than "Dunno."
xD

When the workload increases or we lose staff, we talk amongst ourselves about outstanding users we have seen. Asking definitely doesn't increase your chances.