Don't have an account? Create one!

Australia

AuthorMessage
Dancing to your death
Salute You in Your Grave
Dancing to your death
December 15th, 2005 at 11:26pm
DAMN IT!! i wanna go to the hi-fi bar still!! but i can't!! i never got tix! :'( still, i see them 2moz! breathe! breathe! *sits tere concerntraiting on the breathing*
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 17th, 2005 at 10:05am
Two Shots:
question_everything:
am seeing them on Monday Very Happy

The Hot Lies are opening up for them Cool

...Am I the only person who doesn't know the Hot Lies?
i'm actually seeing them on Sunday Shifty2 ie. today.

The HOt Lies were at Skinnys not too long ago. it was on a Friday afternoon 'bout 3-ish. had school so i couldn't go Confused

and they performed and all too.
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 17th, 2005 at 10:06am
Dancing to your death:
DAMN IT!! i wanna go to the hi-fi bar still!! but i can't!! i never got tix! :'( still, i see them 2moz! breathe! breathe! *sits tere concerntraiting on the breathing*
you got to see them with fucking Green Day. there is nothing i would not have given to go to that show.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
December 17th, 2005 at 09:51pm
Mmkay, the Hi-Fi gig was WAY better then when they played with Green Day. Just sayin'.
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
December 17th, 2005 at 11:05pm
Two Shots:
Mmkay, the Hi-Fi gig was WAY better then when they played with Green Day. Just sayin'.

I concur.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
December 18th, 2005 at 04:10am
I would have loved to see them at the hi-fi, but i'm under 18 and my folks wouldn't take me. But still, I got to see them last night, and they were awesome!
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
December 18th, 2005 at 05:13am
elliephant:
I would have loved to see them at the hi-fi, but i'm under 18 and my folks wouldn't take me. But still, I got to see them last night, and they were awesome!

I got in.
leeshy
Jazz Hands
leeshy
December 18th, 2005 at 09:13pm
Two Shots:

I agree they fucking kicked ass at the hi fi i suppose cos it was more of an intimate show it was better then at Green Day cos theyre was about a bazillion people their. I really hope they stay at the level they are at right now downunder cos i would really hate for them to have to play a rod laver or even a festival hall sized show and loose the kinda feeling they had at the Hi-fi bar no offence but they seemed alot more passionate and sounded alot better at a show of 900 then a show of 37,000. They were good at green day but not as amazing
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
December 18th, 2005 at 09:34pm
leeshy199:
Two Shots:

I agree they fucking kicked ass at the hi fi i suppose cos it was more of an intimate show it was better then at Green Day cos theyre was about a bazillion people their. I really hope they stay at the level they are at right now downunder cos i would really hate for them to have to play a rod laver or even a festival hall sized show and loose the kinda feeling they had at the Hi-fi bar no offence but they seemed alot more passionate and sounded alot better at a show of 900 then a show of 37,000. They were good at green day but not as amazing

900 at the HiFi show? Wow.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
December 18th, 2005 at 11:42pm
48/m, truckdriver:
leeshy199:
Two Shots:

900 at the HiFi show? Wow.

900, or was that just an estimate?

Your new username scares me, Bam.
Intoxicated
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Intoxicated
December 19th, 2005 at 05:23am
my friend went and she called me. i heard them play iw as so happy. i would have gone but mum said i couldnt Sad
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
December 20th, 2005 at 02:01am
Sundays are now my favourite day of the week.
I left work on Saturday night at 6pm, drove to Toowoomba and got there at 12:30am, got up in the morning and drove an hour and a half into Brisbane, then walked down into the Valley.
There were already about 20 people sitting outside the Arena waiting for My Chemical Romance, and I panicked and went back to the motel to get dolled up. I mean, fuck, I got this far already, damned if I'm missing the opportunity to stand less then five metres away from Gerard!
So I got back to the Arena at 12:30pm on Sunday. I sat there chatting to random people and making heaps of new friends until the doors opened at 7:30. We all ran in and grabbed a spot as close to the front as possible...
The Hot Lies, well, maybe if I'd actually listened to their stuff before the gig I might have got into it. But I was way too keen to see MCR, so I stood there and glared at random people for half an hour.
I tried desperately to hang on for at least one MCR song, seeing as I was second from the railing and therefore within touching distance of the stage... but the crush was madder than any I've ever experienced before and before I knew it, I was getting hauled out by security. A bottle of water, a cigarette and a breath of fresh air later I was ready to rock and roll again, and thankfully I hadn't missed any MCR - it was still intermission.
Then, before I knew it, the lights went down, the cheers went up, and there they were. I couldn't tell you what song they opened with, but I can tell you that we were not only treated to all of 3 Cheers (exceptions: Interlude and I Never Told You What I Do For a Living), Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us, Our Lady of Sorrows and the brand new Shut Up and Play.
Crowd favourites seemed to be It's Not a Fashion Statement, Honey, This Mirror, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us, and of course, I'm Not Okay, which was the encore.
I snapped a whole roll of film of the boys onstage, I hope they turn out alright. I will definitely be posting them if I get any good ones.
By the end of the show, I was literally pouring sweat onto the floor, I'm bruised in places I didn't even know I had places, and my vocal chords were completely fucked from screaming the words.
Gerard was a great entertainer, in fact they all put on a great show and sounded wonderful. I will admit this: Frankie needs to shave the buttfluff right off. It's not good.
But yeah, definitely the best fucking night of my life.
Oh, and MCR owes me a new lip ring - it got knocked the fuck out of my mouth during Give Em Hell, Kid.
And now I can't wait for winter so I can wear my new Revenge hoodie. Fuck that thing is sexy!
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
December 20th, 2005 at 04:50am
LMAO As soon as I saw Frank, that was the first thing I said: "He needs a shave." xD

Mosh was extreme, huh? I had sweat pouring from my camera.
Dancing to your death
Salute You in Your Grave
Dancing to your death
December 21st, 2005 at 12:28am
ha ha ha!! omg! that's exactly what i thort when saw them too! i was like, wtf Frank? it's called a razor dude! use it!!
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 21st, 2005 at 04:48am
they opened up with Thank You For The Venom Cool

my first favourite Cool

i wish they had of done more off their first album, it's easier saying "their first album" then it is typing out the initials.

meh. at least they did my two favourites Very Happy
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 21st, 2005 at 04:50am
Two Shots:
LMAO As soon as I saw Frank, that was the first thing I said: "He needs a shave." xD

Mosh was extreme, huh? I had sweat pouring from my camera.

i already knew about his beard Confused

Hannah told me Confused

a few people got pulled outta the mosh. there wasn't a whole lotta moshing going on, there wasn't much room Confused
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
December 21st, 2005 at 05:55am
question_everything:
they opened up with Thank You For The Venom Cool

my first favourite Cool

i wish they had of done more off their first album, it's easier saying "their first album" then it is typing out the initials.

meh. at least they did my two favourites Very Happy

Which ones? Bitches didn't do Headfirst at ours! But Our Lady was omgsoawesome.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
December 21st, 2005 at 06:59am
Yeah they played 'Our Lady' and 'Honey This Mirror' off the first album... they may have played one or two others... all I remember is that I was fucking destroyed they didn't play 'Demolition Lovers'. I wanted to scream out and beg them to play it but knew my voice wouldn't have a chance of being heard over all the screaming teenies.
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 21st, 2005 at 10:17am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Sundays are now my favourite day of the week.
I left work on Saturday night at 6pm, drove to Toowoomba and got there at 12:30am, got up in the morning and drove an hour and a half into Brisbane, then walked down into the Valley.
There were already about 20 people sitting outside the Arena waiting for My Chemical Romance, and I panicked and went back to the motel to get dolled up. I mean, fuck, I got this far already, damned if I'm missing the opportunity to stand less then five metres away from Gerard!
So I got back to the Arena at 12:30pm on Sunday. I sat there chatting to random people and making heaps of new friends until the doors opened at 7:30. We all ran in and grabbed a spot as close to the front as possible...
The Hot Lies, well, maybe if I'd actually listened to their stuff before the gig I might have got into it. But I was way too keen to see MCR, so I stood there and glared at random people for half an hour.
I tried desperately to hang on for at least one MCR song, seeing as I was second from the railing and therefore within touching distance of the stage... but the crush was madder than any I've ever experienced before and before I knew it, I was getting hauled out by security. A bottle of water, a cigarette and a breath of fresh air later I was ready to rock and roll again, and thankfully I hadn't missed any MCR - it was still intermission.
Then, before I knew it, the lights went down, the cheers went up, and there they were. I couldn't tell you what song they opened with, but I can tell you that we were not only treated to all of 3 Cheers (exceptions: Interlude and I Never Told You What I Do For a Living), Honey, This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two of Us, Our Lady of Sorrows and the brand new Shut Up and Play.
Crowd favourites seemed to be It's Not a Fashion Statement, Honey, This Mirror, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us, and of course, I'm Not Okay, which was the encore.
I snapped a whole roll of film of the boys onstage, I hope they turn out alright. I will definitely be posting them if I get any good ones.
By the end of the show, I was literally pouring sweat onto the floor, I'm bruised in places I didn't even know I had places, and my vocal chords were completely fucked from screaming the words.
Gerard was a great entertainer, in fact they all put on a great show and sounded wonderful. I will admit this: Frankie needs to shave the buttfluff right off. It's not good.
But yeah, definitely the best fucking night of my life.
Oh, and MCR owes me a new lip ring - it got knocked the fuck out of my mouth during Give Em Hell, Kid.
And now I can't wait for winter so I can wear my new Revenge hoodie. Fuck that thing is sexy!

i just remembered. they DID do Interlude Cool
The Duck's Nuts
Thinking Happy Thoughts
The Duck's Nuts
December 21st, 2005 at 10:18am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
Yeah they played 'Our Lady' and 'Honey This Mirror' off the first album... they may have played one or two others... all I remember is that I was fucking destroyed they didn't play 'Demolition Lovers'. I wanted to scream out and beg them to play it but knew my voice wouldn't have a chance of being heard over all the screaming teenies.
heh. i didn't see any teenies Confused

i was surrounded by "xcore punx ppl".