Don't have an account? Create one!

The Umbrella Academy - Gerard's Comic

AuthorMessage
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 25th, 2006 at 10:35am
Gespatcho_Soup:
I thought that Gerard just wrote the story for the comic? And that other dude does the drawings? *is confused*

Yes, I cant remember his name now, but someone else is the main illistrator
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
October 26th, 2006 at 06:59am
the illustrator is Gabriel Ba. he's a brazillian comic artist who drew Casanova

yep, it's Gerard's story and Gabriel is doing all the illustrations. and for the record, i think it'll be a hit even more if Gerard do all the illustrations but anyway...
Mitch
Salute You in Your Grave
Mitch
October 27th, 2006 at 12:11am
I don't understand why Gerard doesn't do the illustrations. He did get a degree in media from one of the best art schools in the US...
Marc Webb.
Salute You in Your Grave
Marc Webb.
October 27th, 2006 at 09:24am
Will they do it in the UK?
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
October 29th, 2006 at 12:58am
Oh god i hope it comes out in Australia!
<3
scissorglamour
Killjoy
scissorglamour
October 29th, 2006 at 10:56am
FABFUCKINGTABULAR
jack---fantasy
Killjoy
jack---fantasy
October 29th, 2006 at 10:59am
i cant remember who wrote it, but youre right. people who have never picked up a comic book before are going to read it. people who never picked up a comic before picked them up as soon as gerard mentioned them in LOTMS. i dont know why, but it kind of annoys me. ive been readingcomics for years, and i got nothing but shit from my friends till LOTMS. i suppose thats a good thing, but for the wrong reasons, you know?

well, i read the blurb thingee, and it sounds good. a little like Wtchmen, or something by Grant Morrison. i know ill buy it.
Wil Francis
Joining The Black Parade
Wil Francis
November 30th, 2006 at 07:07pm
no way im buying it idK how much it cost im just buying it
Dancing to your death
Salute You in Your Grave
Dancing to your death
December 1st, 2006 at 06:06am
C y a n i d e ':
Oh god i hope it comes out in Australia!
<3

don't worry dude, it will be! being on Darkhorse, it'll even be available in some bookshops ound here. otherwise just try a comicbook shop in your area. i know one of mine will HAVE to get it in!
KissTheBride
Thinking Happy Thoughts
KissTheBride
December 6th, 2006 at 02:02pm
OMg awesome does anyone know when it comes out or somethin?
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
December 6th, 2006 at 02:38pm
jack---fantasy:
i cant remember who wrote it, but youre right. people who have never picked up a comic book before are going to read it. people who never picked up a comic before picked them up as soon as gerard mentioned them in LOTMS. i dont know why, but it kind of annoys me. ive been readingcomics for years, and i got nothing but shit from my friends till LOTMS. i suppose thats a good thing, but for the wrong reasons, you know?

well, i read the blurb thingee, and it sounds good. a little like Wtchmen, or something by Grant Morrison. i know ill buy it.

i know what you mean.
i've never read comic books, not out of choice or anything, i just never grew up reading them.
but i think gerard's looks like it'll be interesting, so i might check it out.
and you can only expect people to take an interest and want to start reading comics.
it sucks that people jump on the bandwagon at the drop of a hat, but they're only, well the majority of them supporting the band and its work.
maybe i can be accused of that too, i dunno.
but howell, at least it'll do well.
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
December 6th, 2006 at 10:40pm
i haven't read comic books since i was a little girl becaue the comic store near my house closed down for goodSad but im slowing starting to get back into them cuz well, they were a big part of my childhood and gerard's comic does sound very interesting, kinda like the justice league or something. i bought this magazine from the uk at borders and it said that the umbrella academy is coming out at the end of the year which i doubt wont happen
exterminate.
Shotgun Sinner
exterminate.
January 1st, 2007 at 12:05pm
Again, is it coming out in the UK?
MotherWar9
Killjoy
MotherWar9
January 1st, 2007 at 02:57pm
i can't wait for the Umbrella Academy!!! does anyone know exactly when it comes out yet?!?!?
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
January 1st, 2007 at 04:59pm
Hey when is it coming out in the us?
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
March 14th, 2007 at 07:33pm
im getting it soon, im a BIG comic freak!!!! i have all the superman, spiderman & X man comics.......the superman ones anit open coz it the lost one in the world.........so i asked me dad if i can get Gerards comic....he said yes... Dance Clap Nyam

i think its coming out in april........
krank
Killjoy
krank
March 14th, 2007 at 07:44pm
there is no comic book stores near me. && it really pisses me off because i love them. i will find a copy of umbrella academy when it comes out though. somehow.
ambriece
Always Born a Crime
ambriece
March 14th, 2007 at 08:02pm
I think its coming out in April, and I know about a million places I could get it when it comes out, lol....yay! cant wait..
Roye
Killjoy
Roye
March 15th, 2007 at 05:37am
oh ,so interesting~

does it out now???

if it out , u have the chance to buy it, but for me , it's so difficult to buy it .

but I will see them on the Internet , hope that !!!
threads
Shotgun Sinner
threads
March 15th, 2007 at 06:25am
noxx:
UMBRELLA ACADEMY-- _Can the frontman of a popular rock band write comics? One look at _Umbrella Academy_, the new series by Gerard Way of _My Chemical Romance _answers this question with a resounding "yes"!
Who the fuck wrote that?

Ignorant stupid asshole. ._. Claudio Sanchez has been known for making comic book concepts since like... forever.

Could a doctor clean a toilet?

And this... this is awesome. Awesome. But April? That's the same time as The Amory Wars...