Don't have an account? Create one!

Dead!

AuthorMessage
xkissxthexdeadbridex
Killjoy
xkissxthexdeadbridex
November 27th, 2006 at 04:39pm
live.love.burn.die:
"Dead!" is the song that really begins this epic tragedy that surrounds "The Patient". In the song, the Patient receives the tragic news that they've "found a complication in your heart", and he's "got maybe just two weeks to live." The lines "no one ever had much nice to say, I think I never liked you anyway" suggest that the Patient is not a very loved person, and has few friends and family. The line "And if you get to heaven, I'll be there waiting" suggests that there's someone "up there" who hated him in life, sort of a narrator from above. By the end of the song "The Patient" sees life in a totally new light, ending with "If life ain't just a joke then why are we laughing?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead%21

I agree. Though, the line, "And if you get to heaven, I'll be here waiting, babe" might not so much be from a person who hates him but loves him, I think. Perhaps even be "here waiting" on earth until the person will die and join The Patient in heaven? Neutral I don't know. Gerard & Co. write their songs from their emotions and experiences, so I'm sure their purpose of the song might be different but I just wish they would just call me up and tell me...xD
the_murder_scene
Killjoy
the_murder_scene
November 30th, 2006 at 05:47am
i love the part when it goes 'LA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA LA.........'

ahhh tis all good
Marmalade
Joining The Black Parade
Marmalade
November 30th, 2006 at 06:57am
^^ I agree,It's great. I like the 'wouldnt it be grand to take a pistol by the hand,and wouldnt it be grand if we were DEAD!' cos it makes no sense,but its great.
What I want to know is where MCR get the ideas for their lyrics...So much fun and stupidity.(Not that they're stupid.
Anyway,my frineds said something today at reg class about what she thinks,and so here you go:
" I think it's about how he feels when he's dead.Like,how he goes on about wasting his life. And as to the 'What's with the complication in the heart?' that everyones on about,I think it's something he overheard,when someone else in the hospital was dieing."
(srry bout the spelling.)
*slobbery kissies*
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 5th, 2006 at 10:45am
It is where The album begins. It is the beginning of the end!!!!!!!! The patient in body is dead but he is just beginning his journey to the afterlife.
smoke2myfire
Killjoy
smoke2myfire
December 10th, 2006 at 03:59pm
This song explains what happened to cause The End. A friend of his, most likely a girl, died in surgery, and he thinks that she never loved him, and that his love for her only gave her two weeks of life. He thinks heaven is a place for the wicked, and by the end he is hysterically laughing, because he thinks that god is just playing a joke on him.
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
December 11th, 2006 at 06:02pm
The patient is dying. Um..people kind of wonder what they could have done with their life when they die. For me,, that is what Dead! is about.
withered waste
Killjoy
withered waste
December 13th, 2006 at 10:23pm
i love this song, i got a jumper and it say DEAD! on the front and on the back it say s My Chemical Romance

that was "rendom" hehe Dance Dance Dance Dance
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 25th, 2006 at 05:48am
for me, the song simply said
"why bother living if your just gonna die?"
but that's just me
chemical_misstress
Killjoy
chemical_misstress
December 25th, 2006 at 03:50pm
i think it could be the patiant singing OR someone he loved singing to him saying stuff like 'are you happy now that your dead?' or 'would you have been happier if you killed yourself or 'basicly your life sucks it will be better now'...maybe the last one wasnt all that serious but it could be something like that ^_____^v
mymikeyromance
Killjoy
mymikeyromance
December 26th, 2006 at 07:31am
chemical_misstress

i think it's
"wouldn't it be grand
to take the pistol by the hand"

btw, nice interpretation! Clap
suffocate!
Motor Baby
suffocate!
December 31st, 2006 at 06:57am
I agree with everyone on this board, it's definitely about something dying lol.
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 5th, 2007 at 05:20pm
yeaa well it's pretty obvious its about death..the title is dead! but i think its mainly about the patient realising his life is over and he regrets how little he did. hes not dead yet but i think he thinks he might as well be cause he dont have much to live for?? Embarassed
my.life_my.krap
Killjoy
my.life_my.krap
January 5th, 2007 at 05:22pm
[quote="allhailmcr"]chemical_misstress

i think it's
"wouldn't it be grand
to take the pistol by the hand"

yep, thats it.haha
Magster
Fabulous Killjoy
Magster
January 18th, 2007 at 08:23am
I love the song, I can listen to it in whole days! I love the rhythm, the guitarrs and Gerarsd voice in it and the lyrics!
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
January 24th, 2007 at 12:28am
mhm

but umm ya i agree with the fact that its the begginning of the end

where the patients mortal body dies and becomes a new one with his new life
demolitionlover3112
Killjoy
demolitionlover3112
January 24th, 2007 at 08:26pm
I think its pretty much like a shock to the patient that he is dead. Or maybe it crept up on him, & many factors are adding to the shock. But then "no one ever like you anyway" is like "you didnt have too many people needing you anyway so dont freak out"
Lady.Loss
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lady.Loss
January 28th, 2007 at 01:26pm
this was on of the older songs. It's about being dead and people not liking you. It was a commentery on the band and how some people feel about them. It's a defiant song. It's saying: You may hate us but we're still here,more daring and defiant than ever. That was all from this week's kerrang. Dance Smiley Smiley
justanotherfan
Killjoy
justanotherfan
January 28th, 2007 at 01:58pm
what I love about this song is that it's an upbeat tune to a pretty sad topic. Irony is played out so well with this.

I think the lyrics (words) are actually sung to the patient. I think the song is about someone pointing out to the patient that the patient's life sucked and he didn't do anything about it. And, now that he's dying, is he regretting anything from his past? It's kind of like the person who's singing the song to the patient is telling him to wake up and open your eyes. Maybe dying was exactly what he wanted and is he happy now that he got his wish.
I think that the last line of the song, "if life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing," pretty much summed up the song. Like, that's what the song is about.

My favorite part of the song...has to be the ending with the "la la la."
frank anthony iero
Killjoy
frank anthony iero
January 31st, 2007 at 06:04am
maybe its s0me0ne wh0 died..and his/her girlfriend/b0yfriend think that the pers0n wh0 died will c0me baCk..it says in the lyriCs.."and if y0u get t0 heaven i'll be here waiting in vain"...
xXdisenchantedMCRXx
Killjoy
xXdisenchantedMCRXx
February 1st, 2007 at 04:42am
ii AGREE WiiTH EVERYONE ELSE!!!

MY FAVE SONG OF THE ALBUM TOO AND ASLO

THiiS iiS HOW ii DiiSAPPEAR