MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:20pm
I think the paitent dies or summit
gerardwayluverxx
Killjoy
gerardwayluverxx
June 4th, 2007 at 02:50pm
i didnt want to read any of the others cause i had my own ideas

i think it about someone tey have done bad things all there life ,it says in the song "you never fell in love" so i think nobody ever liked them for that .They are dying of a heart condition

i dunno lol
marisa mayhem
Killjoy
marisa mayhem
June 4th, 2007 at 06:54pm
Mr. Green i love playing this song on guitar hero II

okay i believe this song is about when the patient (main character of the album) dies and that he is broken hearted and in my personal opinion, i think he believes his life didn't mean a lot to him; it was pointless
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 5th, 2007 at 10:58pm
I don't think he's dead yet. I think it's not 'till later. I assumed that "you're dead" means something like, "You're dead meat." Like, if someone does something that pisses you off and you scream, "You're fucking dead!" that means that they're about to die. Does that make sense?

Also, I love the line "you hear the news that you're dead." It sort of leads me to think that most people are dead already--dead on the inside. Probably has nothing to do with the song meaning, but I think it's deep, anyway.
MizzUnderstood_559
Killjoy
MizzUnderstood_559
June 10th, 2007 at 06:23pm
WELL I THNK THAT IN THE BEGINNING THE ONE SINGING MITE HAVE LOVED HIM AND SHE PROBABLY DIED [[I THNK SHE LOVED HIM BUT HE HURT HER SUM HOW THATZ PROBABLY Y SHE SAYS STUFF LYK "I'LL BE HERE WAITING, BABE, DID U GET WUT U DESERVED?"]] HE COULD NEVER LOVE AGAIN AND HE BECAME MEAN 2 PPL AND THATZ Y THEY DIDN'T LYK HIM AND NOW HE'S DYING AND REALIZING EVERYTHING HE DID WRONG..? IDK THATS WUT I THNK IT MEANZ..??
MizzUnderstood_559
Killjoy
MizzUnderstood_559
June 10th, 2007 at 06:25pm
Wink Neutral Very Happy
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 11th, 2007 at 04:27pm
its gotta be about revenge..."And when you're heart stops beating I'll be here wonderin' did you get what you deserved?" Sounds REALLY sarcastic like he knows the person was a dirty bastard and was gonna go to hell.
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
June 27th, 2007 at 12:51am
Tway:
It is where The album begins. It is the beginning of the end!!!!!!!! The patient in body is dead but he is just beginning his journey to the afterlife.

This is the simplest yet most accurate explanation you could want. Smile
hockeyguitar99
Killjoy
hockeyguitar99
July 1st, 2007 at 12:03am
i read it fit into the concept in a much more different way

the song is about his father, and his father is dying. im assuming his parents got divorced ("you never fell in love"Wink and him and his dad never got along ('no one ever had much nice to say" and "i didnt ever like you anyway"Wink
KemicalRomantik
Killjoy
KemicalRomantik
July 3rd, 2007 at 02:54pm
Often characters are representations of you. So the patient= Gerard , and I think that this song is showing how he might think he's wasted a good portion of his life, because of drugs. "Why are we Laughing" Why are we laughing at life, why do we try to throw it away. The song could be a parody on suicide, trying to get the message, you shouldn't try to kill yourself across. "Did you get what you deserve?" Trying to point out that you didn't deserve suicide, that good things probably would have happened to you had you stuck around.

"No one ever had much nice to say" No one was ever nice to him, he was picked on endlessly, continuously, as shown in the song I'm not okay and others.

" I think they never liked you anyway" Nobody liked him, but things change, sucide was not the answer.

This song is a complete and utter representation of Gerard, and all of us, he relates so well to all of us outsiders, outcasts.

“Tongue-tied and oh so squeamish
You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?”
He's saying that even though you had not yet found love, you could have, and though it hasn't happened yet it probably would have, and you just threw your life away.

KemicalRomantik .:Out:.
stella spotlight!
Joining The Black Parade
stella spotlight!
July 9th, 2007 at 02:01am
i thought of it as all the people the patient knows coming to see him on his deathbed and the verses are different people he loves talking to him( like sorta saying hes dead to them because they find out about his terminal illness or somthing) and the little "and in my honest observation" bit is the doctor lol i tried
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 9th, 2007 at 09:23am
Yea I agree with the some who are saying its the patient finding out he's dieing..and maybe he regrets not telling his love that he loves her?
"Tounge-tied and oh so squeamish
You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?
The ending of your life
And if you get to Heaven
I'll be here waiting, babe
Did you get what you deserve?
The ending
If your life won't wait
Then your heart can't take this"

"And in my honest observation
During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live
(I said, that some thing you can have)"
He's waited too long to tell her..or maybe he's heartbroken because he DID tell her but she didnt feel the same about him..so he's died of a broken heartSad

"If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?
Ain't just a joke
Ain't just a joke
Ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?

Dead!"

He's made peace with dieing and is laughing like a mad man as he takes his final draws of air..then just dies

idk could be...?
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
July 12th, 2007 at 05:36pm
At first, I thought that it was about a person whose former love was dying, and he was mad at her because she broke his heart, and he had the worse wishes for her.

But then I read Marmalade's comment on the 1st page, and I believe that the character, a he, was talking to himself in his mind, and he realized how fulfilling his life could have been, but he was too neive and shy to take chances. Sad, huh?
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 13th, 2007 at 06:20am
At first I believed that the Patient actually died here, and the rest of the album is about him reflecting on his life from the afterlife. But now I'm not so sure.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
July 14th, 2007 at 01:42am
I think
it's about
how The Patient wants to die instead of living in suffering
and therefore, death suddenly takes on a new and glorious light. He's going to die soon. and he's glad for that cause life has been a joke for him.
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 20th, 2007 at 07:50am
we-ell, the black parade is meant to be death, coming to the patient as his favourite memory. i think the song is death/black parade asking if the patients happy now he has kicked the proverbial bucket.
the_murder_scene
Killjoy
the_murder_scene
August 8th, 2007 at 09:36pm
Marmalade:
I think the song is about the moment when the patient dies, that first instant of death and the moments leading up to and just following that movement from life to death.
The way the heart monitor flat-lines as the song begins suggests that when the patient is thinking/saying these things he is just dead or dieing.

“No one ever had much nice to say”
He thinks on how much he stayed away from people, maybe how distant he was for some reason.

“I think they never liked you anyway”
He regards how little friends he has by the end of his life, and how mean he might have been to them.

“Oh take me from the hospital bed”
He wants to die; perhaps he thinks the world would be a better place without him?

“Tongue-tied and oh so squeamish
You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?”
He is talking to himself in third person -or perhaps Gerard is talking to him- telling him that he could have found love and suggesting that he ought to have gotten more out of life.

“Motherfucker
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?”
He is saying that he realizes how little he made of his life, how much more he could have done if he’d been given the chance, and asking himself how everyone can go around ignoring all the bad things so much, and be ignorant to things like murder, cancer, still-birth, rape, ect.
He’s saying how much he wants something to be done to improve the bad things in life, rather than being ignorant to the ‘dark side’ of life.

This is just what I think the song is about, please don’t eat me! (I taste emo!)
its obviously looking back on life and thinking if that person actually deserved to die.
"and in my honest observation, during this operation, found a complication in your heart...so long" i think tis means that observing the persons life there was a time which was complicated and very bad which may be the reason why he deserves to die?

and i totally agree with the comment before
Jet Star
Bleeding on the Floor
Jet Star
August 9th, 2007 at 10:52pm
its about the patient geting told by the doc he is going die
IeroPwnsYou
Killjoy
IeroPwnsYou
August 11th, 2007 at 04:02am
"Tounge tied and oh-so squeamish, you never fell in love"
It seems to me that who/whatever this song is about might've been kind of young, (20-ish) still nervous about the real world and, obviously, never letting himself fall in love.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:15am
I think this song is just about some girl dying and gerard singing about it,and umm,
whether she will go to heaven or not?
i dont' know,i think that cuz of this:"Well if you get to heaven,ill' be here waiting babe,did you get what you deserve"?
yeah.