Don't have an account? Create one!

Dead!

AuthorMessage
xYEW.W0ULD.KN0Ex
Killjoy
xYEW.W0ULD.KN0Ex
September 1st, 2007 at 04:33pm
i dont know what it means but it sure does seem like it means, that no one liked him and that he deserves to die. its pretty selfe explainitory [sp?]. idk if im right. none of us may know. but at least the song makes somewhat of good sense!

"have you heard the news that your dead, no one ever had much nice to say, i think they never liked you anyway"

"did you get what you deserve, the ending of your life, and if you get to heaven"
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
September 9th, 2007 at 08:30am
Feel What You Feel.:
I think it may be about how The Patient is learning that he's dying. It sounds like a doctor is telling him he's dying.
"And in my honest observation
During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"
Although it could also be that the woman The Patient loved doesn't love him anymore and is slightly mocking him about his death in a way.

yes thats wat i think this is when the doctor is telling him his going to die. The Patiant dosnt seem to really lyk doctors so he thinks they are moking him.
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
September 9th, 2007 at 08:32am
oh and maybe not may people did they him bcz the way him being sick was making him. or it could be his lover mocking him
thefray
Killjoy
thefray
September 17th, 2007 at 01:32am
I think it's about someone who has hurt him and hope they die. "I hope you get what you deserve, the ending of your life.
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
September 17th, 2007 at 01:22pm
oh well Gerard said that when he wrote the song he imaginded The Patiant lying in the hospital bed with the doctor talking to him in a doctor voice. thats why the songs got Gerard doing to doctor voice
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
September 19th, 2007 at 07:08pm
It's about the patient finding out he's going to die, or he's "dead."
ProfMike789
Killjoy
ProfMike789
September 21st, 2007 at 06:26am
I believe that the audience (girl) is/was gravely injured/ill and unconscious. She was a social outcast and an innocent victim. She never loved anyone and had no friends in life. The speaker loved her, but can now never tell her. He killed himself in hopes of being with her in heaven. Therefore, the girl both deserves and doesn't deserve death.

Reasons Death is Better: No one to live for, Escape pain, Be with speaker forever (although she does not know it)
Reason Life is Better: She was innocent and should not die resenting the world

In this case, she is metaphorically "dead" whether she lives or dies.
Life- She will feel guilty for "causing" speaker's suicide, still no friends/loved ones
Death- Obvious
GWIAmNotAfraid
Killjoy
GWIAmNotAfraid
October 4th, 2007 at 04:31am
I think the name of the song explains most of it =P
GWIAmNotAfraid
Killjoy
GWIAmNotAfraid
October 4th, 2007 at 04:41am
I mean its called DEAD! <--notice the "!" and the capital letters. Before I looked at this topic I was like "I wonder what the meaning of DEAD! is?" Gosh I feel dumb =P
My Chemical Music
Killjoy
My Chemical Music
October 4th, 2007 at 07:31am
Lol I think it's just about, Dead!
mrs_allie_gerard_way
Killjoy
mrs_allie_gerard_way
November 19th, 2007 at 01:13pm
this song is like "Blood" in the way it shows the HAPPIER side of suicide like "Blood" shows the HAPPIER side of cutting....DUH
thegivemehellkid
Killjoy
thegivemehellkid
January 2nd, 2008 at 01:30pm
the song dead is about "the patient" learning that he is about to die and that all he can think about is that nobody ever liked him and what not. all the mean words that peaple ever said about or to him are circulling around in hs thoughts. i have reached this concluson only becuz of the last couple of lines the LA LA LA LA LA LA is him jus plugging his ears and saying that so he cant hear all those things and the last DEAD meens that he is now offically dead
Xx...MCR MAD...xX
Killjoy
Xx...MCR MAD...xX
January 3rd, 2008 at 12:08pm
i think it may be about the patient relising that he is dying and he is thinkin that its all 1 big joke

If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
January 26th, 2008 at 06:39am
Xx...MCR MAD...xX:
i think it may be about the patient relising that he is dying and he is thinkin that its all 1 big joke

If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?
yeah, i always thought of 'dead' as kind of a sacastic song

wouldn't it be great if we were dead?
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 1st, 2008 at 03:33pm
He never says free from the hospital bed, he says take me from the hospital bed. This man is in the hospital and he's wodering if he did everything in his life he could've, meaning he's obviously a young man, most likely in his 20's. " Did you get what you deserve"? The man then begins to talk about how he just wants it over with." wouldn't it be great if we were dead" and " take me from the hospital bed" He becomes hysterical "Is that the most the both of you can give"?!!!! and has suicidal thoughts, and he also starts thinking nobody loves him or cares that he's dying,"No one ever had much nice to say I think they never liked you anyway", so he's so scared he becomes mentally unstable (he's obviously sick in the head now) "If Life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing"?
bitchybmcr
Killjoy
bitchybmcr
February 15th, 2008 at 06:10am
i think its about a guy tellin a girl that she's about to die..he's tellin her that it doesn't matter anyway..'cause noone ever liked her..
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 13th, 2008 at 02:34am
the song's always sounded a bit sarcastic to me, for some reason.

could be either an irreverent take on his own death (Patient POV) or talking abt the death of someone else, and how they kinda deserve it. "You heard the news that you're dead; No one ever had much nice to say, i think they never liked u anyway..."

Though actually its probably both. the Patient is dying, as well as someone else he knows who is a nasty person, so now they're both gonna snuff it & he's gonna mock that person in the next life. "And if you get to Heaven, I'll be here waiting babe. Did you get what you deserve?"

thats all i hv to say...... Smile
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
March 14th, 2008 at 05:55pm
I just assumed this song was about the Patient, and him being told that he is going to die.

I always imagine it as, the doctor is telling the Patient he's going to die, and a lot of it is the Patient's internal monologue -- "You never fell in love / Did you get what you deserve?"... It sounds to me like he's being self-accusatory, telling himself that this is something he deserves, something he should be facing because he's been bad and bitter and alienated all the people that he loved, and tells himself he never loved them anyway. Alternately, it may be that the Patient perceives accusation on the part of the doctor, that the doctor is, behind the simple news that the Patient is going to die, accusing him of never having really lived his life.

It always seems to me that the doctor must crack some kind of dumb-ass joke or something, and the Patient starts laughing, then realizes how inappropriate that is. But at the same time, he knows there's nothing he can do about it.

Still, I imagine the Patient as a young man, and the song always seems very bitter and sarcastic -- "I'm a young guy; why is this happening to me? Why am I going to die now? Why have I screwed up so bad?"

But it's an awesome song... Definitely one of my favorites from the album.
emokay7
Killjoy
emokay7
April 2nd, 2008 at 01:30pm
I believe an inspiration for this song may have been some cold, heartless bitch that was soon found to be dying, and someone thought she deserved it. Then, he became hestant about his feelings and questions whether or not that person really deserved it, but conludes that they did.
Misty-Acidic
Killjoy
Misty-Acidic
April 5th, 2008 at 07:37am
I think it is one of those songs that has a different meaning for everyone