Don't have an account? Create one!

Dead!

AuthorMessage
MinorOffense
Killjoy
MinorOffense
February 4th, 2007 at 11:27am
I believe it is about the patient learning he is going to die. I think at one point he was wishing he was dead(Wouldn't it be great if it were exactly what you planned, and wouldn't it be great if we were dead?) then when he finds out he is sick and going to die he begins thinking how unfair it is that he is going to die, and all the things he never did in his life. (You never fell in love, did you get what you deserve?)
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 4th, 2007 at 06:15pm
I find it ironic how this song states over and over "Did you get what you deserve..." and those lyrics also appear in Cemetery Drive...
Gerard stated that the album is the story of the patients journey through the afterlife and meeting other deceased people... MAYBE... just maybe "Dead!" is the story of the deceased girl from Cemetery Drive who bled to death on the bathroom floor....
And the lyrics "wouldnt it be grand to take a pistol by the hand,and wouldnt it be grand if we were DEAD!" those fit in because they refer to suicide... which was the cause of death of the girl from Cemetery Drive.
Just an idea... it works out well if you think about it really..
mcr_lvr
Killjoy
mcr_lvr
February 4th, 2007 at 07:42pm
dread_cry999:
I find it ironic how this song states over and over "Did you get what you deserve..." and those lyrics also appear in Cemetery Drive...
Gerard stated that the album is the story of the patients journey through the afterlife and meeting other deceased people... MAYBE... just maybe "Dead!" is the story of the deceased girl from Cemetery Drive who bled to death on the bathroom floor....
And the lyrics "wouldnt it be grand to take a pistol by the hand,and wouldnt it be grand if we were DEAD!" those fit in because they refer to suicide... which was the cause of death of the girl from Cemetery Drive.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smart thinking
EviLsRoMaNcE
Banned
EviLsRoMaNcE
February 5th, 2007 at 05:53pm
It's all part of the Black Parade....probably the patient dying...and then the various things that lead up to the black parade and to finally, Famous Last Words?
kel.suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
kel.suicide
February 5th, 2007 at 08:06pm
dread_cry999:

woahh. you're amazing.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 6th, 2007 at 04:25am
killerkelly.:
dread_cry999:

woahh. you're amazing.
haha killerkelly thats sorta what i sed 2 him XDD

dude you rock \m/(>_< )\m/
dread_cry999
Fabulous Killjoy
dread_cry999
February 12th, 2007 at 08:22pm
Thank you mcr_lvr,killerkelly. andtiREDsoUL... but does this mean you guys agree with me? There are two more songs that share lyrics from MCR...check out "Sharpest Lives", "Kill All Your Friends" and "Welcome to the black parade" for my comments.
fxckingChelz''
Killjoy
fxckingChelz''
February 13th, 2007 at 12:50am
dread_cry999:
Thank you mcr_lvr,killerkelly. andtiREDsoUL... but does this mean you guys agree with me? There are two more songs that share lyrics from MCR...check out "Sharpest Lives", "Kill All Your Friends" and "Welcome to the black parade" for my comments.
yeppers. pretty much. ;p
frankiexcorreee
Killjoy
frankiexcorreee
February 13th, 2007 at 03:16am
Its almost as if hes talking to someone who really hurt him and now hes asking that person did they get what they deserve.
idk -_-
Liana_Way
Killjoy
Liana_Way
February 14th, 2007 at 11:43am
The person in the hospital is dying and Gerard wants him/her to die
They were probably a bad person
because "No one ever had much nice to say"
and he "thinks he never liked them anyways"
and he is wondering if they "get what they deserve"
"when they're heart stops beating"
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 4th, 2007 at 04:27pm
I just wanted to say that I saw this video on you tube that had Dead! to some clips from Corpse Bride. It was the perfect song for it. It was awsome, and I love the song. Very Happy
utterlyempty
Really Not Okay
utterlyempty
March 10th, 2007 at 04:46pm
I was just listening to a mp3 of Ray and Frank on a radio show. Frank says that Dead is making fun of another band! He doesn't name the band. Anybody have any idea of which band it could be?
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 14th, 2007 at 05:40am
i'm a bit confused about this song but i still love it. this is really random, but this is the wake up alarm on my phone. i dont know y, but when im sleeping it really wakes me up.
DylanLee-Way
Fabulous Killjoy
DylanLee-Way
March 17th, 2007 at 04:23am
hahahaha.....
quite an upbeat to those persons who don't know they're DEAD.....
xghost_of_mex
Jazz Hands
xghost_of_mex
March 27th, 2007 at 07:20pm
First of all, i just want to say, it seems kind of weird that no one comments on the instrumental aspect of the song, 'cause my interpretation is about that. You know the small little guitar riffs (or whatever they're called, i'm not sure) during the verses, especially during the second verse, where it comes in at random places when Gerard's singing all that about "You never fell in love, Did you get what you deserve? The ending of your life/ And if you get to heaven, I'll be here waiting babe, Did you get what you deserve?", it seems to me like the guitar is playing a character, which one i'm not sure, but it seems like that character is almost mocking the Patient when he says those lines, if it is him talking at that time.

sorry if that didn't make much sense Very Happy

Edit:
Picture perfect.:
I was thinking about it some more and just like 'mama' is about Mother War, this song could be about Regret.

'And if you get to Heaven
I'll be here waiting, baby'
And that's Regret saying she'll be waiting for him.

i never thought of that!! that's really smart... since Gerard talked about the characters of Fear and Regret; i was wondering where they made appearances, since i kind of already figured Mother War was in Mama
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 28th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I can totally respect comments on the instruments--good thinking, really. I do believe the entire song has a mocking feel to it, almost celebrating that the Patient is dead, or at least will be soon.

"If life ain't just a joke then why are we laughing?"
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 02:22pm
Solitary Style.:
I can totally respect comments on the instruments--good thinking, really. I do believe the entire song has a mocking feel to it, almost celebrating that the Patient is dead, or at least will be soon.

"If life ain't just a joke then why are we laughing?"
I agree with Solitary Style
xxxdarkangelxxx
Fabulous Killjoy
xxxdarkangelxxx
May 16th, 2007 at 08:52am
"AND IF YOUR HEART STOPS BEATING..."(maybe it's because you got tickets to the MCR concert!!!)
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
May 19th, 2007 at 03:17pm
i think that xghost_of_mex and dread_999 bring up really good points.

but for some reason when i hear the end and dead! i think they are like a little intro to the story we are about to hear about the patient, almost like a prologue to the album giving you hints and clues...if that makes any sense at all
Sexual Innuendo.
Killjoy
Sexual Innuendo.
May 19th, 2007 at 05:13pm
I think that the song is when Gerard has his first meeting with the patient in his mind, like when he created him. I think he's explaining to him why he's there. Explaining that he's dying.

Or when the patient dies, and he sees Gerard when he gets to Heaven.