Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:45am
-
Deadnought
Killjoy
Deadnought
November 2nd, 2006 at 07:25pm
..Hmmm

I think it means that the guy/girl wants his/her loved one to die...
Attack.Kill.Bury.
Jazz Hands
Attack.Kill.Bury.
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:01pm
I believe it is about The Patient and the woman he loved and how he died with a broken heart
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:07pm
I think it may be about how The Patient is learning that he's dying. It sounds like a doctor is telling him he's dying.
"And in my honest observation
During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Maybe just two weeks to live"
Although it could also be that the woman The Patient loved doesn't love him anymore and is slightly mocking him about his death in a way.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
November 3rd, 2006 at 09:00pm
Asleep Or Dead:
I think it may be about how The Patient is learning that he's dying. .

"So tired and oh so squeamish
You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?"

I think this could either be the women talking to the Patient or the Patient talking about himself. They person was too scared and never fell in love, now that they are dying they are regetting it.
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
November 4th, 2006 at 06:41am
Asleep Or Dead:
I think it may be about how The Patient is learning that he's dying. It sounds like a doctor is telling him he's dying.
During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got

I agree with you. And in that paragraph it's what the doctor told him before he died. I think the whole song is about when the patient is dead and now reflecting on his life.

"Did you get what you deserve?
The ending of your life"
That part is about if he lived his life to the full.

"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say
I think I never liked you anyway
You're dead
Free from the hospital bed"
And that part is what people thought of the patient now that he is dead.
'Free from the hospital bed' is pretty much self-explainetory(sp?) He's not at the hospital anymore (because he's dead).

Rock'n'rollSuicide:

You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?"

I think this could either be the women talking to the Patient or the Patient talking about himself. They person was too scared and never fell in love, now that they are dying they are regetting it.

And I totally agree with you on that one. Whoah long post, sorry Sad
br00tal.
Salute You in Your Grave
br00tal.
November 4th, 2006 at 04:17pm
Asleep Or Dead:
During this operation
Found a complication
In your heart, so long
Cause now you've got
Although it could also be that the woman The Patient loved doesn't love him anymore and is slightly mocking him about his death in a way.

I think it's a bit of both.
The woman The Patient loved is mocking him,
And the "And in my honest observation" part, it must be the doctor speaking.
Because Gerard changes his voice a bit.
Also, like others have said, it may also be the Patient telling himself that he never fell in love because he was scared.
So personally, I think the song is in three points of view.

Also, in "The End" you can hear the heart monitor beeping.
And in the beginning of "Dead!", you hear the monitor have the continuous beep.
Signifying the Patient is dead.
So maybe it's him reflecting on what was said as he was told he was dying.
Tickle Me Sara
Salute You in Your Grave
Tickle Me Sara
November 5th, 2006 at 10:58pm
I basically think this is like the patient it now dead, and someone is asking, have you heard you're dead? do you know you're dead? is this fare that you died? and how it might feel to be informed that you're not dying, but that you're actually dead. and how life isn't funny, you shouldn't take it for granted, and for all those people who do take it for granted how can they just sit their and laugh life away when this character is dead, and he had no choice, and how their are thousands of others out there dying who are asking/thinking the same thing.
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
Joining The Black Parade
XxMeAnt-4-tHeFliEsxX
November 6th, 2006 at 06:35pm
I think this song may be about someone the Patient may have known and while The Patient is dying the person is there thinking ("If your heart stops beating i'll be here wondering did you get what you deserve" ) and then like the person is seeing that The Patient really was kinda a bad person (No one ever had much nice to say I think they never liked you anyway) And then the doctor comes in and tells the patient about his condition (And in my honest observation, during this operation found a complication in your heart so long. cause now youve got maybe just two weeks to live) and then the doctor sees that both the patient and his friend don't do much to help the patient out and says (is that the most the both of you can give?). I think that is why when Gerard starts to say "And in my hinest observation" He says it in a different voive. this is what i think.....

::JuDy Vengeance::
Mosty alive
Killjoy
Mosty alive
November 6th, 2006 at 08:43pm
You can tell that when he begins singing "And in my observation..." That is the doctor speaking.

I think the songs is talking about how The Patient has been living his life and now is coming to the fact that he is dying. There isn't anything he can do abou it.
ByeHalyconDays
Bleeding on the Floor
ByeHalyconDays
November 8th, 2006 at 09:56pm
Rock'n'rollSuicide:

I was looking at the cd booklet and its 'tounge-tied and oh so squeamish'
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
November 9th, 2006 at 12:11am
ummm...i agree with everyone actually.
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
November 12th, 2006 at 02:39am
I was thinking about it some more and just like 'mama' is about Mother War, this song could be about Regret.

'And if you get to Heaven
I'll be here waiting, baby'
And that's Regret saying she'll be waiting for him.
live.love.burn.die
Killjoy
live.love.burn.die
November 12th, 2006 at 07:30pm
"Dead!" is the song that really begins this epic tragedy that surrounds "The Patient". In the song, the Patient receives the tragic news that they've "found a complication in your heart", and he's "got maybe just two weeks to live." The lines "no one ever had much nice to say, I think I never liked you anyway" suggest that the Patient is not a very loved person, and has few friends and family. The line "And if you get to heaven, I'll be there waiting" suggests that there's someone "up there" who hated him in life, sort of a narrator from above. By the end of the song "The Patient" sees life in a totally new light, ending with "If life ain't just a joke then why are we laughing?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead%21
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 13th, 2006 at 07:13pm
I think its about revenge!..

Cause he says you get what you deserve..
Somebody wanting someone Dead I don tknow thats the best I can do with Explanation.
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
November 13th, 2006 at 09:36pm
i think it's about the woman that the Patient love..asking if he really deserved to die? why did he die? and/or someone's making the Patient realize that he's already dead..cause in some cases, souls have no idea that their already dead..
insane clown posse.
In The Murder Scene
insane clown posse.
November 15th, 2006 at 07:05pm
I don't know were to report an error in the lyrics so I'm just going to do it here. In the song Dead! it says "So tired and oh so squeamish" it's supposed to be "Tonge-tied and oh so squeamish" I have the CD lyrics infront of me.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
November 25th, 2006 at 05:07am
"Have you heard the news that you're dead?
No one ever had much nice to say,
I think they never liked you anyway."
I would just like to know, who the heck is telling him that?!?!?
T_T
What else...erm..oh yeah. The Patient apparently didn't like his life and wished himself to be dead...as a reminder that if he's dead now, that he actually wanted it in the first place.
"Did you get what you deserve?"
>.> What is up with that one? I dunno...
Mother War
Banned
Mother War
November 25th, 2006 at 04:20pm
i think "Did you get what you deserve"
maybe thats the patien thinking his life wasn't what he should have gotten
like it wasn't fair for him to die just like that. How he didn't get to live a full, happy life.
i dont know *shrugs*

maybe this song is also about regret?

EDIT: 300th post yay; thats not a lot... Shocked
Marmalade
Joining The Black Parade
Marmalade
November 27th, 2006 at 03:37pm
I think the song is about the moment when the patient dies, that first instant of death and the moments leading up to and just following that movement from life to death.
The way the heart monitor flat-lines as the song begins suggests that when the patient is thinking/saying these things he is just dead or dieing.

“No one ever had much nice to say”
He thinks on how much he stayed away from people, maybe how distant he was for some reason.

“I think they never liked you anyway”
He regards how little friends he has by the end of his life, and how mean he might have been to them.

“Oh take me from the hospital bed”
He wants to die; perhaps he thinks the world would be a better place without him?

“Tongue-tied and oh so squeamish
You never fell in love
Did you get what you deserve?”
He is talking to himself in third person -or perhaps Gerard is talking to him- telling him that he could have found love and suggesting that he ought to have gotten more out of life.

“Motherfucker
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?”
He is saying that he realizes how little he made of his life, how much more he could have done if he’d been given the chance, and asking himself how everyone can go around ignoring all the bad things so much, and be ignorant to things like murder, cancer, still-birth, rape, ect.
He’s saying how much he wants something to be done to improve the bad things in life, rather than being ignorant to the ‘dark side’ of life.

This is just what I think the song is about, please don’t eat me! (I taste emo!)