Don't have an account? Create one!

Dead!

AuthorMessage
MCRtist
Killjoy
MCRtist
April 30th, 2008 at 06:34pm
i think he is talking about wat it would be like to be dead, just finding out, and not knowing wat love is like. or he might be also saying how much more easier it would be to be dead.
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:30am
Maybe the guy that picked on Gerard, he wants him Dead!
"Did you get what you deserve?
The end, and if your life won't wait
Then your heart can't take this"
So maybe the guy from "I'm not okay" that stole his girl. Crying or Very sad
Domenic
Killjoy
Domenic
May 10th, 2008 at 04:02pm
Meh, I see this as a metaphorically dead song. Like, the person feels dead inside, depression or something else, which makes them feel dead. That's how I see it, but that's just me, I come up with my own song meanings, helps.
bubble_burst
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bubble_burst
May 17th, 2008 at 09:30am
i think its kind of playing 2 sides of people...
you have the person who has no choice but to die... the cancer patient... their life is being cut short against their will...

and then those who want to die for the silliest of reasons... reasons that maybe aren't stupid to them... they dwell on it... they feel like they have to find a way out - dying... these reasons aren't much in the grand scheme of things
"tongue-tied and oh so squeamish, you never fell in love... did you get what you deserve... the ending of your life"

............................................................................................................

ok... no i don't, i see it differently now...
still brief though

but to me its about finding out you're going to die... and you don't have a choice...
and you're looking back over your life and thinking "what could i have done to deserve this?... did i not love enough?... what did i do wrong?..."they take every negative thing thats happened and concentrate on it... and thats just killing them more...
they don't want to die but they're sliding

and i guess in the end they realise how short life is and that they were never able to do all the things they wanted to do... it was just taken from them... there's always something you could say from a little point "oh i wish i'd done that better..."
and in those last few weeks they come to the conclusion that you live to die... (or something along those lines)

"if life ain't just a joke then why are we laughing... if life ain't just a joke then why am i dead"
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 05:07am
i think the head is talking to the body about life and death.
Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
May 29th, 2008 at 06:14am
i think that this song has a different meaning in evryones eyes, only the same. i feel that its about someone dying (obviously)and regretting their life and all the things they did (or sooner all the things they didnt do)
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
May 31st, 2008 at 03:56pm
I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but I think mabye the song could be about someone who came down with a fatal illness but started to think back on their life and believed that dying could bring them to a happier place, because their life on earth was miserable, and their friend/lover is thinking about that person's past and how that person never truly lived life. The friend/lover didn't want that person to die, but now, they're wondering if that person found happiness after death.
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
May 31st, 2008 at 03:58pm
Sorry if that doesn't make alot of sense ha ha :>
simidarkness
Killjoy
simidarkness
July 4th, 2008 at 05:06pm
well i kinda thought it was like an enemy in one part kinda with the did you get what you deserve but i dont know the ones below make alot sense too
dead911
Killjoy
dead911
July 20th, 2008 at 01:29pm
I think its about the Pationt dying and entering this land similar to "A" Parade not "THE"Parade!
Not the actual parade (because thats on W.T.T.B.P) but the grounds on wich its put!
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
July 20th, 2008 at 02:55pm
I think Dead! is about The Patient realising he is dying:
"Hvae you heard the news that you're dead?"

I also think it's time for The Patient to look back over his life to what what it's been like.
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
Killjoy
i_promis_u_im_not_ok
August 1st, 2008 at 11:05am
i was never really sure wat they were talking about in this song
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 1st, 2008 at 01:56pm
Well as far as the story-line of the patient goes, I always thought this was right before he died, when the doctor is telling him that he's gunna die in a few hours or something.
mcrkid15
Killjoy
mcrkid15
August 12th, 2008 at 03:40pm
I think it;s the Patient learning that he has a deadly disease like cancer or something and he's reflecting on his life thinking if he dies did he do everything he wanted to do. He still isn't dead, as stated in "Famous Last
Words", but he has a good chance of dying.
MychemicalRomance33
Killjoy
MychemicalRomance33
September 27th, 2008 at 07:12pm
Its about the Patient who has weeks to live and he Is a bad man and he thinks he didn't got what he deserved In his whole life. I know more about the song but I don't feel like writing it write now!
Tragic_Loss
Killjoy
Tragic_Loss
October 17th, 2008 at 11:19am
i think it means life is a serious thing and dont kill yourself 4 no reason
I_gave_you_blood
Killjoy
I_gave_you_blood
November 8th, 2008 at 08:54pm
Call me crazy but I think it is the people of the Black Parade singing this song. As in it represents all of them. It's like their cantor-call. They're coming for the patient, and they're sort of having this big party. They are a bit condescending at times like "No one ever had much nice to say, I think they never liked you anyway." Which is kind of saying "well, you sure blew it, but you're dead now so who gives a shit?"
I always envisioned Gerard as the parade conductor, sort of this somewhat insane grim reaper guy, who's not really a bad dude, he's just the host. and he's guiding the patient through this journey, and introducing him to certain members of the parade.
dindirey619
Killjoy
dindirey619
March 30th, 2009 at 03:05pm
this is just my modest opinion, but this song could be about euthanasia
just my opinion
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
April 4th, 2009 at 12:43pm
i think it is about the guys who said that they [MCR] will never be going to make it...

remember the line in THE END w/c is before DEAD!!: 'When i grow-up I want to be nothing at all'-the band's 'F*** you' line for the people who believed they are not going to make it....

so, i believe DEAD! is the sequesl for the end....

like a revenge without the physical hurting..(does that make sense???) LMAO
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
April 10th, 2009 at 07:08pm
I have a theory on the Black parade, that some of the songs are more personal, and some a more to do with the story. This is one to do with the story.

Lets say the Patient is called Billy.

The lyrics And in my honest observation.., that is a flashback on what the doctor says to Billy. And the "You're dead! Is his family/friend/lover saying that he's died.

The end.