Don't have an account? Create one!

Headfirst For Halos

AuthorMessage
MizzUnderstood_559
Killjoy
MizzUnderstood_559
May 29th, 2007 at 05:20pm
Whitney.:
This song is about a couple. One of them decides that he wants to shoot himself in the head. His lover tells him to not do it, to just think happy thoughts and not do anything regarding him hurting himself. It's sending a good message to kids that suicide is not good.

By the way, does any one know what
And the red one's make me fly
And the blue one's helf me fall

means?
Thanks.

Bye umm didn't Gerard take pills red ones that were antidepressants and da blue ones were sumthin else idk datz wut i thnk but correct me if im wrong which i cud be idk..!!
The Doctor
Salute You in Your Grave
The Doctor
May 31st, 2007 at 05:53pm
x_Scott_x:
I really did think It was a (This is going to sound nerdy) reference to the film The Matrix.
I thought that, the red pill let Neo carry on as normal, so it might like, flying, Could mean he gets to carry on his life as normal, But if it's on about blowing his braiins against the ceiling, he can't want that. =/
But making more sense, the blue pill told Neo the truth, which would help him "fall" and see what a negative thing the world is.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

As well as the Peter Pan thing.
Albus Severus
Joining The Black Parade
Albus Severus
May 31st, 2007 at 06:39pm
This song is pretty much the theme song to my life right now. Minus the whole drugs thing. So, to me this song is about not growing up. Obviously, the Peter Pan references influenced this interpretation. I think it's about being forced to grow up and be a part of society before you're ready, and it all overwhelms you so that you have to turn to someone/something else to make you continue living. But it doesn't really work, because you just can't see any future for yourself. And that makes you want to commit suicide. Since I'm really, really against drugs and suicide, I also think this is a really sarcastic/ironic song denouncing such things. (Not to mention that that's what MCR is all about.) So, I also think it's really hilarious.
akissgoodbyexx
Killjoy
akissgoodbyexx
June 9th, 2007 at 12:10am
this song made me feel a bit depressed but then hyper/happy at the same time.
i don't know why, it just did..
and aren't the red and blue's he's talking about pills?
i always thought of balloons when i heard the song but i knew it wasn't ballons x]
i'm glad i figured out what they really were.
but yeah, like everyone said, it's pretty much about suicide and why you shouldn't do it. this is one of my favorite songs because of it's tempo and message. Smile
MCR Superstar!!
Killjoy
MCR Superstar!!
June 9th, 2007 at 10:29am
Whitney.:
This song is about a couple. One of them decides that he wants to shoot himself in the head. His lover tells him to not do it, to just think happy thoughts and not do anything regarding him hurting himself. It's sending a good message to kids that suicide is not good.

means?
Thanks.

I think they are supposed to be pills or somthing is what my friend said to me!!! hope this helps!!!!!!
HaHa BoB's Dead
Killjoy
HaHa BoB's Dead
July 10th, 2007 at 12:53am
[/font][/quote]"And the red one´s make me fly. And the blue one's help me fall"
I think the he means eyes. The blue eyes are on the angels, that makes him fly. The red eyes are on the devil. They help him fall when he wants to kill himself. They want him to fall. But the blue one´s giving him hope and makes him fly. It's difficult to explain, but I allways had that vision. You think I'm on to something?[/quote]

either that or the drugs thing...............i still dont get the song....
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
July 10th, 2007 at 03:31am
^^^that makes a lot of sense.
ShadowDragon712
Killjoy
ShadowDragon712
July 13th, 2007 at 04:00am
Whitney.:

means?
Thanks.

I think that part of the song is referring to drugs and/or Anti-Depressants, because I recall learning about some drugs called Red Angels and Blue Angels (Or along the lines of that) so, those are the colours mentioned, and the song is called Headfirst for Halos. Angels have Halos so I made that connection before I found out it was about suicide, as mentioned by Gerard Way himself. So, I think the title is either talking about the drugs, or entering heaven after death/suicide, even though committing suicide leads you further down in hell then committing murder, as portrayed by Dante Alighieri in "The Divine Comedy: Inferno(Hell)"
(Omg...I sound like an teacher 0_0)
Bloodless Ballarina
Killjoy
Bloodless Ballarina
July 22nd, 2007 at 11:42pm
I thought that the red pills were anti deppresants (the red ones help me fly) like, and made him all happy, and the blue ones were sleeping pills (the blue ones help me fall) to make him sleeep.haha. hmmn im sure he mentiond red and blue pills in drowning lessons, but i might just be thinking of this song lol.
MC-Romance
Killjoy
MC-Romance
July 23rd, 2007 at 12:30pm
And we'll fly home
we'll fly home
you and I
we'll fly home

^^ everything gonna be fine
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
July 27th, 2007 at 10:43am
x_Scott_x:
I really did think It was a (This is going to sound nerdy) reference to the film The Matrix.
I thought that, the red pill let Neo carry on as normal, so it might like, flying, Could mean he gets to carry on his life as normal, But if it's on about blowing his braiins against the ceiling, he can't want that. =/
But making more sense, the blue pill told Neo the truth, which would help him "fall" and see what a negative thing the world is.

I watched the Matrix for the first time the other day and was able to predict what that guy was saying about the pills... and I had a big fangirly squealing fit about the red ones making him fly and the blue ones making him fall... *_*

But I think it makes more sense, it being about suicide, what with the 'I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling'. And the red ones are antidepressants, and the blue ones are... um... antiantidepressants.
flamepunk
Killjoy
flamepunk
October 14th, 2007 at 01:15am
arrogant.:

And the red ones make me fly
And the blue ones help me fall

means?
Thanks.

Well, I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence but I'm on medication and the anti-depressants are red and the sedatives are blue. I thought that was related to it but I'm most likely wrong.
Kalle Fire
Killjoy
Kalle Fire
October 14th, 2007 at 01:56am
I think this is one of those rare songs of MCR's where there isn't a metaphor for anything else. The red and blue ones are pills etc

Basically the serious theme of the song coupled with the upbeat tempo just highlights how a ridiculous notion it is to contemplate suicide. I mean it's not gunna change the wrongs in the world will it?
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
October 16th, 2007 at 09:10pm
I have to say, this is one of my favorite MCR songs. I just love this song.

The upbeat, punk sound, coupled with the dark lyrics make me think that it's kind of about how, in certain types of romantic stories, suicide is seen as something positive/good/a sign of love. In all the best romances (i.e. Tristan and Isolde), the lovers have to die for each other. And I think overall, the song is kind of about that -- how people glorify suicide and death as this fantastic symbol, when it's not. It's death. You die. I think the "Think happy thoughts" et cetera is more like, "just keep going until I get to you, and then we'll die together."

"The red ones help me fly/And the blues ones help me fall" -- I figured this was a "Matrix" reference, too. But that's just me.
MCR_3_CHEERS_4_MCR
Killjoy
MCR_3_CHEERS_4_MCR
October 26th, 2007 at 07:40pm
u know....they wrote it when frank was high
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
December 14th, 2007 at 02:17am
Radio Saturday:

"The red ones help me fly/And the blues ones help me fall" -- I figured this was a "Matrix" reference, too. But that's just me.

oh. I thought I was being genius before I read this. because i was gonna come in here and say that the red & blue pills have a Matrix reference. funny enough i realised this when my friend brought up the matrix pills in a convo about song meanings for another song by another band.

i love how mcr songs always have some mysterious depth to them
mental fiction.
Banned
mental fiction.
December 14th, 2007 at 09:11am
I think this song is about when Gerard was in school, and he got the part of Peter Pan in his production.
"Fall on your tongue like pixie dust."
"Just think happy thoughts."
"And we'll fly home."

All Peter Pan references!
=D
mikeyhasmyheart
Killjoy
mikeyhasmyheart
December 17th, 2007 at 10:18am
Standupfuckingtall, I love your signature. You guys are so right. I think it's about anti depressants.
Fire at will.
mikeyhasmyheart
Killjoy
mikeyhasmyheart
December 17th, 2007 at 10:24am
MCR is kind of depressing when you listen to their songs.
However, I've had multiple experiences with suicide so I can relate to Mikey and Gerard.
Fire at will.
x_gerard_way_lover_x
Killjoy
x_gerard_way_lover_x
January 4th, 2008 at 03:16pm
this song is about being high on drugs.

"the red ones make me fly , and the blue ones help me fall"

the red ones - uppers

blue ones- downers