Don't have an account? Create one!

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

AuthorMessage
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
April 28th, 2007 at 11:09pm
it's about confession about him killing those people to get to his love. and he had love the girl, but doesn't make it.
hopeLESShair
Killjoy
hopeLESShair
April 29th, 2007 at 09:44pm
I NEVER TOLD MY MOM WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!
until the day she passed away.....................................
SOON... I WILL COME TO U MOM!
JUST WAIT N SEE ME GROW UP FROM HEAVEN
I PROMISE IT WONT TAKE TOO LONG...................
N I'LL BRING U MY UNSPOKEN LOVE!
just wait till i'm home!
I LOVE U SO MUCH
maylora
Killjoy
maylora
April 30th, 2007 at 03:57pm
What i heard was the mans girlfriend died, so he made a deal with the devil saying that if he killed 1000 people that the devil would bring her back for him.

"Can I meet you, alone" refering to meeting with the devil

"Another night and I'll see you
Another night and I'll be you" refering to getting up to kill the last person

Once the man kills the 1000th person, the cops come, he gets to spend some short time with his girl friend.

"And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death
We'll love again, we'll laugh again
And it's better off this way" Meaning they died together and its better that way.

"And never again, and never again
They gave us two shots to the back of the head
And we're all dead now." Now his dead, shes dead, and the 1000 people

"And we'll love again and we'll laugh again
We'll cry again and we'll dance again
And it's better off this way
So much better off this way
I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed"

Now they all lived happily ever after, in an over crowded hell, with the vampires, Helena and the demolition lovers and the 1000 evil men
gerardwayluverxx
Killjoy
gerardwayluverxx
April 30th, 2007 at 04:18pm
i think the song is about a murderer .He kills all these people
he thinks it will be better off if they were dead.and they reunite after there freinds or reletives die .and he doesnt do it for the fame he does it for the pleasure of killing the people.

i dunno thats what i got from the song...
CHLOEE
Killjoy
CHLOEE
May 1st, 2007 at 04:39pm
this song reminds me of Jack the Ripper for some reason.
(jack the ripper the person not the demo)

but the lyrics "we'll love again and we'll dance again and it's better off this way" are amazing tbh.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:16pm
This one's a bit difficult but I think it's pretty much, as other's tend to agree, about some guy who meets selected people and takes over their lives, after killing them that is. I mean, maybe it could be hinting at the dangers of trying to start an on-line relationship too, such as in the line "Can I meet you alone" or "Or the photographs that I gave you" as these get involved in more intimate on-line relationships...
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 12th, 2007 at 09:47am
MCR comes out with concept albums, and in this case, they came out with the album "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" with a concept behind it. The story of a man, a woman, and a murder of some sort, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow, they were both murdered, the man goes to hell, and I think the girl actually stays on earth. When he finds out that she's still there, he makes a deal with the devil to bring back a 1000 evil souls in exchange for another life on earth.

Since this is the last song on the album, I'm guessing it's like he's summing it all up to her, but in a twisted sense. He's saying that he did all the murder, he did all the killing, and, for a while, he actually enjoyed it, as though it were a fun living with a million dollar paycheck. But with a little difference. "It ain't the money and it sure as hell ain't just for the fame" symbolizes that he just really wants a life back on earth, and it isn't the fame he's getting for being a mass murderer or something.

So when he finds out he was doing something wrong, he thinks "hey. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this thing anymore. It's a waste of time... I guess fate just has it that we aren't meant to be together. So maybe, when we see each other again, I guess that's the only time it's really right." As fate would have it, He stops the killing, with the thought that he can't sacrifice human life for his wanting, no matter how important. It isn't worth it.

It's REALLY just my opinion, and I could totally be off. It's really just my perspective on it. Smile
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 01:35pm
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:
MCR comes out with concept albums, and in this case, they came out with the album "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" with a concept behind it. The story of a man, a woman, and a murder of some sort, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow, they were both murdered, the man goes to hell, and I think the girl actually stays on earth. When he finds out that she's still there, he makes a deal with the devil to bring back a 1000 evil souls in exchange for another life on earth.

Since this is the last song on the album, I'm guessing it's like he's summing it all up to her, but in a twisted sense. He's saying that he did all the murder, he did all the killing, and, for a while, he actually enjoyed it, as though it were a fun living with a million dollar paycheck. But with a little difference. "It ain't the money and it sure as hell ain't just for the fame" symbolizes that he just really wants a life back on earth, and it isn't the fame he's getting for being a mass murderer or something.

So when he finds out he was doing something wrong, he thinks "hey. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this thing anymore. It's a waste of time... I guess fate just has it that we aren't meant to be together. So maybe, when we see each other again, I guess that's the only time it's really right." As fate would have it, He stops the killing, with the thought that he can't sacrifice human life for his wanting, no matter how important. It isn't worth it.

It's REALLY just my opinion, and I could totally be off. It's really just my perspective on it. Smile
I agree
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
May 14th, 2007 at 03:48am
rip my heart out:
x.givEmhelLkiD.x:

I agree
Hey, Thanks! Smile
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 16th, 2007 at 04:15pm
your welcome and that does give u the concept of the song
Viendork
Killjoy
Viendork
May 19th, 2007 at 01:50am
i know it's not about columbine,but some parts kinda fit it. just a little. but yes it fits the concept record that it was on.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:27pm
Dunno i think its just about a mrder or summit just don't bother reading this thing that i'm posting right now.

lol

=]
BADASSassin
Killjoy
BADASSassin
June 15th, 2007 at 03:33am
(woot first post of mine)

I kinda figured (until now) that each song on the 3 cheers album was a diffrent story, This one, I thought, was about an assassin or mercenary (kills FOR A LIVING) who like keeps the bodies or something, in the end i figured the assassin/mercenary and his partner/girlfriend/whatever were assassinated by the assassin/mercenary's next target
painkiller_jane
Killjoy
painkiller_jane
June 17th, 2007 at 10:57am
I always thought this song was about him telling his girl friend he was a hit man (its what he does for a living) and when hes telling her this somebody that he killed was like in a gang/mob(two shots to the back of the head sounds so mob like dont you think) you knew so like people came to kill him and his girl friend cause they were together. but thats just what i think..
heavenhelpedus_xoxo
Killjoy
heavenhelpedus_xoxo
July 1st, 2007 at 07:48pm
I think it's about him killing people. When I first heard it, I thought it was about him killing his fiance's then finding new ones to kill. It gave me a weird feeling. I think it's a very hardcore song with a lot of meaning to it.
MCRvampire27
Killjoy
MCRvampire27
July 4th, 2007 at 05:25pm
when i first heard it i thought it was just a guy going around and killing peopl for no reason but when i read the lyrics my thought changed.
i think its about the one that he loves died and he made a deal with death that if he killed 1000 people he could get his love back.

at the end of the song...
("and never again,
and never again,
they gave us 2 shots to the back of the head"Wink
its saying he didnt kill the amount he was supposed to and got shot and died.

when the song says.......
"And we'll love again, we'll laugh again
I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed "

its saying that him and his love are together again.
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
July 9th, 2007 at 10:28pm
I dont know if anyone has written this yet..because i just browsed very quickly through the comments..

So i think it is about the man (killer...murderer..w/e) and how he has to kill 1000 evil men to be with his girlfriend..he also takes the lives of others and lives those lives untill he has to kill more people..soo all the evil men were killed..but he had to kill only one more person...and he was the only one left..because he was being evil by killing others for his own benefit..so he killed himself..

Does anyone agree i may have missed out on a few things..?but yea..*
revenge22
Killjoy
revenge22
July 10th, 2007 at 03:42am
this is my interpretation tell me what u guys think:

“I never told you what I do for a living” by My chemical romance

Well this song is the conclusion of the story.

“Stay out of the light
Or the photographs that I gave you
You can say a prayer if you need to
Or just get in line and I'll grieve you
Can I meet you, alone
Another night and I'll see you
Another night and I'll be you
Some other way to continue
To hide my face”

--Im not entirely sure about this part but I think he want the girl to “stay out of the light” as in don’t get into anything that u could die from cuz I have to reach you or something, or “stay out of the light” as in don’t go to heaven?
Again idk about that part

“Another knife in my hands
A stain that never comes off the sheets
Clean me off
I'm so dirty babe
The kind of dirty where the water never cleans off the clothes
I keep a book of the names and those”

“Only goes so far 'til you bury them
So deep and down we go”

--that part is about all the people hes killed and he wants to just forget about it: “clean me off, im so dirty babe”

“Touched by angels, though I fall out of grace
I did it all so maybe I'd live this every day”

--The angels of unknown (mentioned in “interlude”) stopped him mabey?
And hes just saying he was killing to get her back? Idk about that line

“Another knife in my hands
A stain that never comes off the sheets
Clean me off
I'm so dirty babe
It ain't the money and it sure as hell ain't just for the fame
It's for the bodies I claim and lose
Only goes so far 'til you bury them
So deep and down we go”

--Its confusing here cuz I said he wants to forget about people he killed even though he enjoyed it

“Down

And down we go
And down we go
And down we go
And we all fall down

I tried
I tried”

--all the people r going to hell, he says "and WE all fall down" cuz hes the 1000th person to die so he goes down with them and hes saying he tried his hardest to get her back

“And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death
We'll love again, we'll laugh again
And it's better off this way”

--broken up into 3 parts:

"And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death" --then hes saying “ill wait for her to come to hell”

“We'll love again, we'll laugh again" --then theyll have the rest of eternity in hell together

“and its better off this way“ --and hes saying mabey its not so bad waiting like this

“And never again, and never again
And we're all dead now.

Well never again and never again
And we're all dead now “

--i think these r the other people he and his gf/wife have killed, cuz they were both killers, not just the other 999 people but everyone else

--and their saying never again as in we will never live our lives again cuz they killed us, or mabey since their dead, they will never be killed again if their shot? Im not sure

“Well I tried
One more night
One more night
well I'm laughin', cryin', laughin'
I tried, well I tried, well I tried
'Cause I tried, but I lied
I lied

I tried
I tried
I tried”

--hes saying he tried but if he had one more night he wouldve succeeded or possible hes saying “I wish I could have just one more night with her” and idk what he means by i lied, mabey he had to lie about things in order to kill people?

“And we'll love again and we'll laugh again
I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed”

--then hes just going back to how its gonna be waiting, but until then he has to think about all hes killed for nothing

"I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed' --meaning i cant erase them from my mind

“And never again, and never again
And we're all dead now”

--then the thought of how everyone died as the song fades out

Well that’s my interpretation of this song, feedback is greatly appreciated.
Destroying_Angel
Salute You in Your Grave
Destroying_Angel
July 10th, 2007 at 03:00pm
^completely agree with the above post

but also think generally it could be about anyone who dosn't want to continue their life because of something they've done and want another chance. is is a concept albumn, so my views on how it fits in are basically the same as the person above, but gerard usually writes from personnel experience/his own emotions, so he might have been writing it remembering a time when he wanted another chance or something.

sorry if that makes no sense, i just woke up.
revenge22
Killjoy
revenge22
July 10th, 2007 at 06:17pm
it makes sense to me, and thanks 4 agreeing
it took me like 2 hours to type that up lol