Don't have an account? Create one!

I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

AuthorMessage
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 25th, 2008 at 10:39pm
I think it has to do with Slogan thing "and the corpses of a thousand evil men"
like isnt it about the guy being seperated from the love of his life and devil says you have to get me the bodies of a thousand evil men... i think is like that
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
July 26th, 2008 at 03:53am
it's all connected to Bullets,I think.Their death in Demolition Lovers,and then "the corpses of a thousand evil men" so they can be together again.So Gerard is telling the story of how that man is trying to be with his love again.
Kid-From-Yesterday
Killjoy
Kid-From-Yesterday
July 28th, 2008 at 08:21pm
Its obviously about an ax murder.
"Another knife in my hands..."- He/She's got a knife.
"A stain that never comes off the sheets.."- Blood's on the sheets.
"Clean me off. I'm so dirty babe!"- Make me stop the killing...
Its kind of a funny song!
wachumpa
Killjoy
wachumpa
July 30th, 2008 at 01:18pm
It's the whole Bullets story thing, involving Demolition Lovers, INTYWIDFAL, Drowning Lessons, Desert Song etc...
we_r_4evr_parading06
Killjoy
we_r_4evr_parading06
August 8th, 2008 at 08:49pm
Well let's see, it definitely goes back to the story behind thier first albums about killing 1000 evil men, but I also think Gerard's silent obsession with mass murder comes into play as well. It's like a serial killer who doesn't want to be a killer anymore. He's trying to change his lifestyle, but he's having some difficulties.
And like my signature says. He just kind of gave up.
corporatestudygoth
Killjoy
corporatestudygoth
August 13th, 2008 at 03:04am
Yeah I agree. I love it how all the songs tell a story instead of just being a bunch of words strung together! It makes sense how Bullets and Three Cheers are linked. Think they have anything to do with TBP, or are the characters well and truly dead by then?
gee_mcr_01_15
Killjoy
gee_mcr_01_15
August 16th, 2008 at 07:47am
xXemokidXx:
This song is the soundtrack to 'House of wax'
...a lot of people get killed in that movie

The song THE JETSET LIFE IS GONNA KILL YOU?! OMG! I didn't heard that! I've watched it already! OMG! I have to take a look at it again!

I agree to the most of you.
I think this song is about murder.

"Another knife in my hands"
-The murderer (or lets just call the GUY),has a knife to kill another one again.

"Stay out of the light and Can I meet you, alone"
-It's like staying away from the light. Going to the dark so no one can see the guy.That guy wants the victim to be alone so no one can see what will he do to the victim.

"You can say a prayer if you need to"
-The guy wants the victim to say a prayer if the victim needs to.

"To hide my face"
-Of course,no criminal wants to let their face be seen to the public. And so,the guy doesn't want to public he's face.

"And we'll love again and we'll laugh again
We'll cry again and we'll dance again
And it's better off this way
So much better off this way"
-It's like he is saying this to his lover. Of course,maybe every criminal does have a lover.

"Well never again and never again
They gave us two shots to the back of the head
And we're all dead now"
-It's like the police caught them (the guy and his lover). They tried to escape (they ran),but the police's gun didn't let the escape so *BANG*. They we're shot at the back of their head (striked!),And they're dead.

Wihs you understood my opinion!

Killjoy
lizziep383
January 25th, 2009 at 10:35am
This song is in House Of Wax [horror movie], loads of people get murdered so thats wot i think Smile
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
January 25th, 2009 at 11:03pm
Seeing as how it's the end of a concept album, I think it's the end where the husband kills nearly every evil man (999th) and kills himself as the thoudanth
Hiroshima Lovers
Killjoy
Hiroshima Lovers
May 6th, 2009 at 02:27pm
It's About A Serial Killer,But I Think He's Trying To Stay Away From The Girl He Loves So That He Doesn't Hurt Her Too.

We'll love again.
We'll laugh again
We'll fly again
And we'll dance again."

And He's Trying To Comfort Her,And Say That They'll Be Alright By ThemSelves.
Also,That He'll Never Be Normal.
and i wish you away
Killjoy
and i wish you away
May 24th, 2009 at 09:58am
Ink Stains:
i agree on it being about a murders point of view.

but i also got the feeling since its last track on the record that is the end of the "Demolition Lovers".
since revenge was inspired by that song.

well as said, revenge is a story of a man who makes a deal with the devil to kill a 1000 evil men to return to his love.

so to me, he is talking about his job and his victims.
and how much he tried to get through the deal he made, so he can get to her.
(and yes as somebody sad above, that he seems to be living through his victims for short period of time).

"And we'll love again and we'll laugh again
We'll cry again and we'll dance again
And it's better off this way
So much better off this way
I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed

And never again, and never again
They gave us two shots to the back of the head
And we're all dead now"

but he never gets there, so its better they remain dead(as they got shot in "Demolition Lovers".). so they can be together.

dunno how much sense that made, but thats what i personally got from the song.

thatpretty much sums it up for my point of veiw.
excellent explaning haha
Black Dawn
Killjoy
Black Dawn
August 13th, 2009 at 05:14pm
i think it might be about a man that ends up committing a crime then he is in hding but wants to meet his gf in private so he can say hes okay or to explain what happened, but he ends up killing another person and cant get rid of the blood stain, but he has killed so many that he has a book with the names of the people he killed, then possibly ends up killing her or she dies, and he tried to save her but couldnt and her blood is over the bed sheets, then he kills himself "And we're all dead now"
whereamI??
Killjoy
whereamI??
January 27th, 2011 at 11:37am
I belive that this song is about anassasin going around killig mass amounts of people and taking the idenety of each one. But i also think that the assan is hired to kill a girl and falls inloe with her. But this is what i think, for all i know its about something completely different.
XI'm dead so what?X
Killjoy
XI'm dead so what?X
February 18th, 2012 at 09:54pm
this is suppose to be my interperitation right?
well when listening to the song I think:
Someone is cutting themself and realize it was a bad idea, but can't stop then at the we'll live again, we'll laugh again part. I get the murder part.
i never was able to interperit that.
though now i completely understand!
LostMyFearOfFalling-
Killjoy
LostMyFearOfFalling-
February 20th, 2012 at 03:37pm
My idea of the meaning behind this is that;
" just get in line and I'll grieve you, can I meet you, alone?"
This is him rounding up the last few "evil souls" upon his quest to be reunited with his lover, he's asking them to line in some form of an unsympathetic way so he can kill them one by one. Can I meet you alone would come with him wanting to kill them. He seems to be at this point, really, very desperate to be reunited with his lover at this point.

"Another knife in my hands, a stain that never comes off the sheets. Clean me off, I'm so dirty, babe"
Again, a metaphorical use of words. By a stain never coming off the sheets, maybe he means his stained soul? He cannot take back what he's done, and it's marked his soul? His soul is so dirty from all the killings he's done in that sense.

"Touched by angels, though I fall out of grace.I did it all so maybe I'd live this every day"
Again, maybe he's been risen from the dead by the devil as a last resort for him to be back with his lover, and, the deal is that, he's risen to kill 1000 evil souls, and then he can be back with his lover. The 'I fall out of grace' part would probably come from losing grace from all the murders he's committed? He did them all so maybe he could live with his lover once again and for the rest of eternity?

"And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death; We'll love again, we'll laugh again, and it's better off this way, so much better off this way."
By this it means, after he finishes killing the evil souls, everything will be so much better, and they can be reunited as one again.

"Never again, and never again, they gave us two shots to the back of the head
And we're all dead now."
I think this means that; He had killed 999 evil souls, until it dawned on him who the 1000th evil soul was.. His own. He was tricked by the devil, theoretically being 'shot in the back of the head' meaning that him as well as the other 999 evil men and his lover were all dead.

"Well I tried, I tried! One more night, one more night... Well I'll laugh out, cry out, laugh out loud! I tried, well I tried, well I tried."
He wants one more chance to be reunited, just, one more night and one more chance to have what he truly believes is his destiny, spending the rest of eternity with his love.

"Cause I tried, but I lied"
I think this means, since he was the 1000th evil soul, if he hadn't have "lied" he wouldn't have have been the 1000th evil soul? And he seems to be begging for forgiveness from his lover because he's just trying to tell her that he did try
to be with her, but, because of the wrongs he did, it all came back upon him and it layed him even further away from her in one way.

"And we'll love again, we'll laugh again, we'll cry again and we'll dance again. And it's better off this way, so much better off this way; I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed. And never again, and never again, they gave us two shots to the back of the head and we're all dead now."
Again, going over what I said before. 'I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed' he can't get rid of the staining of all the wrong he's done from his soul, and he's saying how never again he'll have a chance to be with his lover?

Just my opinion, I'm probably off on a few bits of it, but yeah:3
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 02:05pm
This is about some sort of serial murderer rapist who is going around killing and raping people, but he's loosing his mind