xmcrxgerardx3
July 29th, 2007 at 03:28am
this is hard... im newish here so yeah lol i dont wanna get u guysz off topic
Vampirehunter007
Killjoy
Vampirehunter007
July 31st, 2007 at 09:12pm
Yep, those are good interpretantions...
hello by the way i'm new. I came cuz i wanted to share with u guys what i think as well.

I think the line: "They Gave us Two Shots to the Back of the Head" It's because of the police found about all of the killings he was doing, and when he finally met with his girl, they arrived (the police) and gave them two shots killing them. Thats why he says, "we love again, and we dance again, and its better of this way, so much better of this way" Because he is finally able to reunite with her lover. Of course, thats just me....
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 5th, 2007 at 08:00am
I think it's about someone trying to change the way they live but they are just used to living the way they are already.
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:56am
The main guy in the song killing 1000 people because of the deal he made with the devil and then i guess he met a girl and then bad karma got to him and they both got shot in the head.
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
September 10th, 2007 at 09:46pm
i think that this song is about homosexuailty in a close knit society
in a literal sense it may well be about being taken into prison for a crime he and his companion [most probably bert] commited, and it may also indicate being raped in prison.
However i feel that he is regarding society in general as a prison, something he cant escape from not matter how hard he tries, they are always there [by they i mean the people who discriminated against homosexuality]

in the middle of a restuarant
it indicates he cant be allowed to live the life of a normal person and go out for meal
he has to behave like a fugitive and be forced to conceal his feelings or be caught out inpublic and ridiculed, harrassed and worse.

At the same time he is feeling confusion, half probably due to his sexuailty and coming to terms with it
but more over i think he is bewildered at why some people have such a problem with gays

How we're just two men as God had made us

i think in the end its a song about questioning
he's questioning who he is
am i losing myself?
he's questioning his feelings and sexuaily
and most of all he is questioning society and what forces it to act the way it does
to discriminate against other humans
to have such close minded views, how they are unable to think outside the box
so in another sense it could be said he not only sees society as a prison but also see's society stuck in a prison
a prison of thier minds.

___

of course i may be completly wrong and not understood the song properly but at the end of the day each to own i guess.
tbh i must admit im not as much as a mcr fan as i was a year ago and i came on this site after nearly 6 months to print of the song lyrics for my english lit teacher and thought i might as well share some of my views which i wrote for my homework whilst i was here.
-kim.
ParaWhore
Killjoy
ParaWhore
September 13th, 2007 at 07:08pm
broken_star:
in a literal sense it may well be about being taken into prison for a crime he and his companion [most probably bert] commited, and it may also indicate being raped in prison.
However i feel that he is regarding society in general as a prison, something he cant escape from not matter how hard he tries, they are always there [by they i mean the people who discriminated against homosexuality]

it indicates he cant be allowed to live the life of a normal person and go out for meal
he has to behave like a fugitive and be forced to conceal his feelings or be caught out inpublic and ridiculed, harrassed and worse.

At the same time he is feeling confusion, half probably due to his sexuailty and coming to terms with it
but more over i think he is bewildered at why some people have such a problem with gays

am i losing myself?
and most of all he is questioning society and what forces it to act the way it does
so in another sense it could be said he not only sees society as a prison but also see's society stuck in a prison
a prison of thier minds.

___

of course i may be completly wrong and not understood the song properly but at the end of the day each to own i guess.
tbh i must admit im not as much as a mcr fan as i was a year ago and i came on this site after nearly 6 months to print of the song lyrics for my english lit teacher and thought i might as well share some of my views which i wrote for my homework whilst i was here.
-kim.
I agree. I think. Well i think that sounds likely so thanks! x
broken_star
Killjoy
broken_star
September 14th, 2007 at 04:21am
xfremikardx:
broken_star:

am i losing myself?
a prison of thier minds.

___

-kim.
I agree. I think. Well i think that sounds likely so thanks! x

OH CRUD
i posted this under the wrong song
im such a clutz lmao sorry guys i meant it to be under
you know what they do to guys like us in prison x]
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 14th, 2007 at 10:09pm
On first listening I thought that the song was about a hired hit man, trying to explain to his partner. But thinking about how it fits into the concept of the album, I think it makes alot of sense.

To be reunited with his true love a guy has to kill 1000 evil men. I think the beginning part he is talking to the people he has to kill.
"You can say a prayer if you need to
Or just get in line and I'll grieve you
Can I meet you, alone
Another night and I'll see you
Another night and I'll be you"
***He's saying that he's going to meet them to kill them. But soon he will become just like them. Whether this means evil or in hell, i'm not sure.

By the "I tried" I think it sounds like he failed. And he didn't succeed in getting to be reunited with his love. Although thats where I get a little confused.

When he says "they gave us two shots to the back of the head" It could be interpreted that he did succeed and got back to earth, but both him and his lover died. But that clashes with the theory that he was the 1000'd Evil man. Which would make sense, with the line "Another night and i'll be you."

But if he was the 1000d evil guy, wouldnt he have to kill himself, but the lyrics say "They gave us two shots".

I swear sometimes I just want MCR to release a book or their inspiration and translation of the lyrics!!

xxx
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 27th, 2007 at 04:37pm
to me this song has always been about some murderer of some sort and then he dies or something... idk.
xmcrxgerardx3
Killjoy
xmcrxgerardx3
September 27th, 2007 at 11:10pm
its about a killer, he's telling someone (possibly GF) tht he is a killer for a living hense the title!!
hello97
Killjoy
hello97
September 29th, 2007 at 11:34pm
i think this song just rocks
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
September 30th, 2007 at 04:22pm
xXemokidXx:
This song is the soundtrack to 'House of wax'
...a lot of people get killed in that movie Razz

I only heard "Helena" at the ending credits
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:02pm
All I know is that I can hear him say "I'm so dirty, babe" about 100 million times a day!
x_Chaos
Killjoy
x_Chaos
October 5th, 2007 at 05:36am
Whenever I hear this song, I immediately think of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. and no, I'm not crazy

"One other night and I'll be you
Some other way to continue to hide my face"

I guess I'll explain my reasons.
I see those lines, and I think about how Leatherface, the chainsaw dude, hacked off Kempers face and wore it as a mask.
It just made me think that...
ha
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
October 21st, 2007 at 09:00am
I always see this as the end song for the Demolition Lovers concept.

In Demolition Lovers, the guy dies and the girl doesn't.
So the guy made a deal with the devil to reap 1000 evil souls for a new life and be reunited with the girl he loves.
"... another knife in my hands..." means repeated murdering...
"... it ain't the money and it's sure as hell ain't just for the fame... it's for the bodies I claim and those..." means he is keeping track of how many souls he has reaped already... kinda makes sense I think...

for the "I tried..." I think the main goal of the guy was to be reunited with the girl and live happy and whole again together... he may have succeeded in killing 1000 souls but then he realizes that the deal wasn't really meant to work out right and that there was a catch.

"... but I lied..." I see that line as somewhat... he assured the girl that everything will be alright and everything will be back to normal hence "we'll love again... we'll laugh again... we'll cry again...", but in the end they knew everything was going wrong.

Not long after he was reunited with the girl, police went after him...

and before the moment they got killed, they told each other that they'd rather die together now... "It's better off this way..."

so they stopped running from the police and were shot in th head. This has always been my favorite song... and it will always be one of the best. :]
caseyofoz
Killjoy
caseyofoz
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:54pm
I always liked this song because it puts you in the perspective of a killer in a way that doesn't mock him...most songs about killers seem to mock the said killer, you know?

Anyway, this song always seemed (to me anyway) be about the groom and how he leads his exsistance. He doesn't want to live it like that anymore, but he's stuck in a catch 22. The song pretty much revolves around that catch 22 and how much it drives him insane, including ramblings to his lost love and his victims.

...but that's just my opinion.
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
November 2nd, 2007 at 10:06pm
I definetly think it's about the man and woman being killed because of the line:
"And never again,
and never again,
they gave us 2 shots to the back of the head.."
Because I read about the albu on wikipedia and I watched interviews and I played the game on mychemicalromance.com. =P Well, hope tht helped in more ways than one.
Mikey's Glasses
Killjoy
Mikey's Glasses
November 13th, 2007 at 10:06pm
KYLIE_f***ing_MCKEE!:
a few years ago when the c.d. first came out, i was driving into the city, playing 'revenge' in the car and my mother heard that song and was disgusted because she thought it was about some guy sleeping around with random girls

mostly because the only line she heard was "a stain that never comes off the sheets"

hahahaha

i'm conviced she has selective hearing

This made Me laugh. Really Hard. Nyam <------ He says it. He agrees. Smiley