i think this song is about a hitman who gets married
and never told his wife what he did. so people go after them
and they both die
or maybe im being to imagineitave
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
February 20th, 2007 at 01:50pm
It's the demolition lovers storyline I think...

The guy has to kill 1,000 evil men to get his lover back

Simple enough.
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
February 26th, 2007 at 05:03pm
I think that this song just may be the most powerful song on the CD.
Like it was said before the CD is about a guy who needs to kill a thousand evil men so he and his lover can be together in life.

Well this song is about the guy realising that he is the last evil man (he is the 1000th) and its kind of like he has realised what he's been doing and how he has failed himself and his lover by not succeding...and he is having a mental break-down.
I get the feeling that he feels guilty and disgusting for what he was doing " a stain that never comes of the sheets, clean me off...im so dirty babe " and then he realises he is the 1000th corpse because when he refers to the evil men going to hell he includes himself "so deep and down WE go" then he is sad and dissapointed with himself, and this part is my favorite part of the song, when Gerard starts screaming emotionally "I TRIED" the guy is sad and frustrated because he didnt make it and that is like his mental break-down because it was all for nothing.
kryptonite.
Fabulous Killjoy
kryptonite.
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:35pm
Ok Im probably 100% wrong but i think its about the guy and he cant continue living without his lover so its talking about im suiciding himself he tried to keep living without her but he can't so.... yeah i can explain very well but those are just my thoughts and thats what i think of everytime i listen to the song
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:42pm
^ That's actually a pretty good analysis about it... I never thought of it that way.

Altough I think it's about murder. It goes along with the storyline/concept of the album. At first I thought it was about self-harm, since he talks about another knife in his hands and blood on his clothes. But that didn't fit with the storyline, so now I definetly think it's about murder, he keeps a book of the names, he buries them, the bodies he claims, etc.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 23rd, 2007 at 11:32pm
I think the song is about two lovers who have been separated by death, this is the song i think that gerard is pertaining when the devil asked the guy to kill 1000 evil men just to see his gf/lover.

Can I meet you, alone
Another night and i'll see you
Another night and i'll be you
Some other way to continue
To hide my face

<<i think the guy is asking her to meet him and he is telling her that no matter what the circumstances are he'll meet her

Another knife in my hands
A stain that never comes off the sheets
Clean me off, Im so dirty babe
The kind of dirty where the water never cleans off the clothes
i keep a book of the names and those
only go so far to bury them
so deep and down we go

<<he's telling a confession

Touched by angels, though i fall out of grace
I did it all so maybe i'd live this everyday

<<its like he really dont like what he's doing but since its his bread and butter might as well do it

And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death
we'll love again, we'll laugh again
And its better off this way
And never again, and never again
They gave us two shots to the back of the head
And we're all dead now

<<he finally met the girl but they (his enemies) found out about his whereabouts and killed them both

that's from my point of view..this song really rocks..i actually cried to this song
Rain Through Me
Banned
Rain Through Me
March 24th, 2007 at 04:34pm
for this lyrics
Another knife in my hands
A stain that never comes off the sheets
Clean me off, Im so dirty babe
The kind of dirty where the water never cleans off the clothes
i keep a book of the names and those
only go so far to bury them
so deep and down we go

i think it's about something or someone who tries to change something but can't get there so he does like a mass murder to all those who hurt him or somethin like that
i' m not sure Wink
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
March 25th, 2007 at 09:41am
the whole revenge is that story of "man and woman and corpses of thousand evil men", lovers are separated, man goes to hell and does deal with the Devil that if he brings corpses of thousand evil men, he'll get his loved one back.
i know people know that.
then, this being final track tells how that story ends.

i dont think the girl actually died, they were both hurt but the guy went to hell. then devil gave him 'life' and mission and he went killed evil men, tryin gto get his revenge.
but then when he finds his lover, those who separated them in the first place, some sort of Devils friends or something like that, come and tear them apart for the last time.
its pretty clearly in the lyrics, the whole killing thing, and then when it comes to well i tried and Gerard sings it with all that emotion, he feels that he failed. lovers never got their happily ever after, they didnt get back the life he did all killing for and he realizes that dealing with the Devil leaves you empty handed.
the title, 'i never told you what i do for a living'
>kinda like he'd say to the girl, when she's happy to see him again after she thought he was dead, he says that and tells what he does.

and in the very ending, they both die.
^thats like the story-story of it.
but then like the 'lesson' is that when you're not happy with your life, when you want to change it,when you seek for revenge, the best revenge doesnt come with violence cause that's their way to do it. and cause you want revenge, you dont want to be like them so you shouldnt use their ways.

thats what i think
[[:
I Am The Used
Fabulous Killjoy
I Am The Used
March 28th, 2007 at 11:45am
I never told you what i do for a living is the end of the story told in revenge wich was a contiuation of the story told in bullets revenge is were the man dies and goes to hell only to find that his lover is still living. he then makes a deal with the devel that he can come back to life and be untited with his lover if he brings the devel the souls of 1 thousand evel men and i never told you what i do for a living is the end were the man has come bcak to life in cemitary drive and is reunited with his lover but then finds out that he was the thousandth evel mans soul he promised to the devel and has to die again
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 28th, 2007 at 01:45pm
Okay, I bought the CD on iTunes, so I've had to get my info from other sources. Did the woman live, or go to heaven--which is it?

I believe the man is very close to reaching his quota of 1000 bodies, but honestly, you can't murder that many people without it having a serious effect on your psychological well-being. He's probably going insane, raving about the blood on the sheets in his bed, talking to, or about, his lover. The song seems to ramble a bit, and I wondered why, but now I think that the man is obsessed and losing his mind. And it just makes the whole thing even more brilliant.

But now he's being stopped somehow. He screams, "I tried," several times. Something is impeding his progress, whether it be the law, or the devil, or his own mental obstacles, or something else entirely. He might never see his love again, and that's just killing him inside.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 29th, 2007 at 03:42am
very much well said EATEN ALIVE...

woot 100th post
Death.Is.My.Reason
Killjoy
Death.Is.My.Reason
March 29th, 2007 at 05:16pm
BackFromTheDead:
I think that this song just may be the most powerful song on the CD.
Like it was said before the CD is about a guy who needs to kill a thousand evil men so he and his lover can be together in life.

Well this song is about the guy realising that he is the last evil man (he is the 1000th) and its kind of like he has realised what he's been doing and how he has failed himself and his lover by not succeding...and he is having a mental break-down.
I get the feeling that he feels guilty and disgusting for what he was doing " a stain that never comes of the sheets, clean me off...im so dirty babe " and then he realises he is the 1000th corpse because when he refers to the evil men going to hell he includes himself "so deep and down WE go" then he is sad and dissapointed with himself, and this part is my favorite part of the song, when Gerard starts screaming emotionally "I TRIED" the guy is sad and frustrated because he didnt make it and that is like his mental break-down because it was all for nothing.

I agree, this makes sense and this is my favorite song!
Jillyduck
Killjoy
Jillyduck
March 29th, 2007 at 06:49pm
I did an English presentation in school fro this song...
it was for our poetry unit
but I don't think my teacher liked it that much... didn't get a great grade...
anyways

I think that the guy really did get another girl just to kill her and she may be the last one

"Stay out of the light
Or the photograph that I gave you
You can say a prayer if you need to
Or just get in line and I'll grieve you
Can I meet you, alone"
It's sorta like he's taking to the new girl

"Another night and I'll see you
Another night and I'll be you"
I have a thought about this, i think he actually may be sayign that to his real girl and sorta the new girl... hmm

The chorus talks more about what he does

"Only go so far 'til you bury them
So deep and down we go"
ehh... speaks for itself

"Down

And down we go
And down we go
And down we go
And we all fall down"
I'm thinking by this part, he's already killed the new girl...? and then he's with his real girl and the cops come in, shoot them, and they fall down

"I tried
I tried"
Allt he I trieds in the song is just i tried

"And we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death
We'll love again, we'll laugh again
And it's better off this way"
Maybe this part is a recap to before he's dying, like he's telling the new girl that he and his real girl will dance and stuff and it's better for him that she dies

"And never again, and never again
And we're all dead now"
Then it's back to the present where their dying

"One more night
One more night"
One more night together...?

I can't really explain the i lied...

"And we'll love again, we'll laugh again
We'll cry again and we'll dance again
And it's better off this way
So much better off this way"
I think he's realized even when their dead they can still do stuff together

"I can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed"
I think the blood is like the stain on his soul maybe

"And never again, and never again
And we're all dead now"
Now they're dead

Tell me if this is just complete junk
Viendork
Killjoy
Viendork
March 31st, 2007 at 11:29pm
Jillyduck I agree with you .It might just be that.They al seem pretty good explanations.The song 'Dsenchanted' really stumps me.But yeah,"I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" definitely fits the record's concept.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 1st, 2007 at 01:48am
going along with the record's concept, i can imagine that the guy is begging the devil for one more night because he was unable to kill the 1000 evil men. but the devil says no & kills him, & he's going to hell. the lyrics "Well never again, and never again/They gave us two shots to the back of the head/And we're all dead now" uses WE, so i think that's he was like their only hope left, & since he failed, they're both dead. & as he's going to hell he's screaming "i tried" to his lover.

this song makes me cry.
Viendork
Killjoy
Viendork
April 22nd, 2007 at 02:23am
Hmmm...ever think maybe it could be about Columbine??
DDR1
Killjoy
DDR1
April 22nd, 2007 at 04:00am
I agree with BackFromTheDead's idea, that the man is the 1000th evil man he needs to kill to see his lover. Now if we assume that this is a Christian situation (the idea of heaven and hell), killing oneself means you go straight to hell to suffer for eternity. Now either the man is unaware of this and has been tricked by the devil, or his lover is in hell (which makes sense if it follows the story of the Demolition Lovers). So... he gets to see his lover, but he's damned to eternal suffering. I think the devil tricked him so that he is in hell with his lover, but they're still seperated (hence he failed).

I don't know. Tis an awesome song though.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:09am
i think its simply this.

the man goes to hell but he wants to come back to life to be with his lover. He makes a deal with the devil. the devil tells him that he has to kill 1000 men to be with his lover again. [ as said in 'Demolition Lovers' ].

the 'another knife in your hands' etc bit, is when he's killing yet another person. or he's confessing somehow. then when the job is done he finds out that the devil tricked him and as 'EATEN ALIVE' says, Gerard was full of emotion at that last 'i failed' bit. thats the guy talking to his lover and saying that he failed to be with her and killing all those people was for nothing.

though i dont understand the 'i lied' bit.. ^_^
they both die in the end.

'And its better off this way
so much better off this way..'
Here he is deciding that maybe its better that they both die because they can be together. but i dont know. ^_^
another one of my stoopid thoughts.. anyway this is a truly sad song, though it fkin rox!!! Damn that was long, sorry
tell me wat you think!! ^_^
rcelu123mcr
Killjoy
rcelu123mcr
April 27th, 2007 at 08:17am
I think that it brings the whole album to a close.
The man did kill 1000 evil men, but due to his actions, he is now considered a mass murderer and wanted throughout the globe.
He gets reunited with his lover, and then they celebrate by loving, laughing, and dancing again, since they are together once more.
But, since he is wanted, authorities arrive, and since he is a killed a thousand men, he has a death sentence and the authorities are allowed to kill him.
When they turn away, the authorities shoot both of them in the back of their heads.
And he thinks that it's better off this way, since if they made it out alive, they would spend life on the run and he would think that his lover had absolutely no right to deserve that fate.
the.ghost.of.you
Killjoy
the.ghost.of.you
April 27th, 2007 at 08:37am
I think that this song means that he (Gerard) murders someone physically or he has emotional memories of hatred. He is sorry for what he has done and that he wants to forget it ever happened. He wants everything to go back to normal. Rolling Eyes