Don't have an account? Create one!

It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Deathwish

AuthorMessage
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 24th, 2007 at 01:28am
I think it may be about someone who was murdered or raped.
"for what you did to me"
"I'm taking back the life you stole"
"The damage you've inflicted"
AVENGE ME.
Joining The Black Parade
AVENGE ME.
February 26th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I think this song has two meanings

the first is just about the guy killing the person or people that killed him and his lover (because he has to kill evil people so he and his dead lover can be together) and he is telling them "this whole you put me in wasnt deep enough" because im sure that when the person or people shot him they never thought they would see him again after that.

the second is kind of like a meaning behind a meaning. Like the first meaning symbolizes the second meaning, a person who is picked on by people so much that he or she resorts to hurting themself and just when the "bullies" think they have caused the person a lot of harm and hurt that person turns around and seeks their revenge "For what you did to me, Ill do to you"
CoryisnotokIpromise
Killjoy
CoryisnotokIpromise
March 16th, 2007 at 11:05pm
I think its obviously about betrayal and revenge. Someone he loves wronged him and he's getting back at them. This song can sometimes be hard to understand because in some parts it seems angry ("For what you did to me,
And what I'll do to you,"//"I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me.I'm taking back the life you stole"//"You're running out of places to hide from me"Wink and in other places it seems he is talking about the person being very close to him.("When you go
Just know that I will remember you
I lost my fear of falling
I will be with you
I will be with you"Wink

I think its about someone you trust doing something hurtful to you.
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
March 19th, 2007 at 02:18pm
i thin kit has two meanings not to self harm as the name says it not a fashion statment its a deathwish and the other is obviously about revenge "for what you did to me and for what ill do to you " and " i lost my fear of falling i will be with you" is proberbly about like falling out of love and falling back into it again
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 19th, 2007 at 03:03pm
^ Yeah I agree with you. I think a lot of it references self-harm, the title, the razor to the rosary part, the damage you've inflicted part. I also think it's about revenge. The last line I think could be about falling in love or maybe even suicide, to be with the one you love that has died.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 19th, 2007 at 05:01pm
CoryisnotokIpromise:
I think its obviously about betrayal and revenge. Someone he loves wronged him and he's getting back at them. This song can sometimes be hard to understand because in some parts it seems angry ("For what you did to me,
And what I'll do to you,"//"I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me.I'm taking back the life you stole"//"You're running out of places to hide from me"Wink and in other places it seems he is talking about the person being very close to him.("When you go
Just know that I will remember you
I lost my fear of falling
I will be with you
I will be with you"Wink

I think its about someone you trust doing something hurtful to you.

thats what i always thought of it...its one of my fav's :]
Mrs Rochester
Bleeding on the Floor
Mrs Rochester
March 24th, 2007 at 08:05am
Everytime I hear that song it reminds me of self harm. "From the razor to the rosary"..."The damage you've inflicted, temporary wounds". All that kind of stuff.
I suppose this song is what you make of it, with lots of songs on Three Cheers it's very much open to interpretation.
I agree with the idea betrayal too..."I'm taking back the life you stole" and "This hole you put me in wasn't deep enough"..Kinda a life for a life kind of thing.
Say Goodbye!
Killjoy
Say Goodbye!
March 27th, 2007 at 12:24pm
I think its a follow up of their first album.

In the first album, pretty much all the songs sing about gerard wanting to kill his beloved, but on the cover of the album it says something like "Im sorry I write all those songs about killing you, I hope the last one can make up for the others", this song is Demolition Lovers(one of my favorite)

So I think that basicaly, this girl doesnt want to forgive him and this song is about him wanting to kill her, to have revenge on her.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 31st, 2007 at 06:51am
i really love this song. i was kinda confused about wat it was about, until i read wat other pple said. it makes a bit more sense now.
v-VAMPIRES-v
Killjoy
v-VAMPIRES-v
March 31st, 2007 at 08:24am
I absolutely HATE it when skanks go around saying "I love Gerard Way! He's so hot!"
WTF is with that!! I mena like, why can't they understand that he is a fucking beautiful person inside and out!! Not just OUT!!
Snape-a-doodle.
Salute You in Your Grave
Snape-a-doodle.
March 31st, 2007 at 07:32pm
v-VAMPIRES-v:
I absolutely HATE it when skanks go around saying "I love Gerard Way! He's so hot!"
WTF is with that!! I mena like, why can't they understand that he is a fucking beautiful person inside and out!! Not just OUT!!
I think this song means getting revenge on those who have wronged you, for example "For what you did to me, I'll do to you" So if you go onto youtube and type in Helena-Sims 2 a perfectly good video will come up and will show part of the song, Ive got no clue what the titles about though....*giggle* anway, I agree with you v-VAMPIRES-v skanks like that have no idea what there albums are about x x x
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 31st, 2007 at 08:13pm
I think this is about a friend that someone had, and
that friend, or maybe even lover, did something wrong,
i.e cheating, killing etc . . . and Gerard feels like they
ought to 'punished for their sins', but he still loves them too
much to let hurt them, whether physical or worded. And I am really
angry they didn't play this on the 30th when I was there, would
have been fucking fantastic. Shame Frank was ill though [/rant]
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 1st, 2007 at 01:58am
i think that in relation to the record's concept about the deal with the devil, i think the devil is trying to convince the guy to take the deal so he shows him what happened to his lover after he died & he sees that she married the guy who shot him, but she's unhappy [cemetery drive: "the dress your husband hates"] & probably was forced to marry him [blackmail, etc]. so the guy feels betrayed, thinking that she was working with his murderer the whole time & not knowing that she was forced into the marriage, ["Hip hip hooray for me, you talk to me, but would you kill me in my sleep?"] and he wants revenge [I will avenge my ghost with every breath i take,/I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me,/I'm taking back the life you stole." but eventually he just wants to take her back because he still loves her [When you go,/Just know that I will remember you./If living was the hardest part,/We'll then one day, be together]

yeah, i'm probably looking to much into it, but that's what i got.
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
April 1st, 2007 at 12:49pm
imeanthis_4ever:
i think that in relation to the record's concept about the deal with the devil, i think the devil is trying to convince the guy to take the deal so he shows him what happened to his lover after he died & he sees that she married the guy who shot him, but she's unhappy [cemetery drive: "the dress your husband hates"] & probably was forced to marry him [blackmail, etc]. so the guy feels betrayed, thinking that she was working with his murderer the whole time & not knowing that she was forced into the marriage, ["Hip hip hooray for me, you talk to me, but would you kill me in my sleep?"] and he wants revenge [I will avenge my ghost with every breath i take,/I'm coming back from the dead and I'll take you home with me,/I'm taking back the life you stole." but eventually he just wants to take her back because he still loves her [When you go,/Just know that I will remember you./If living was the hardest part,/We'll then one day, be together]

yeah, i'm probably looking to much into it, but that's what i got.

twisted, i would have never thought of that!!!! : ] haha
but now that someone has said that it sounds correct, this song confuses me
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:34pm
blazing_six-guns:

twisted, i would have never thought of that!!!! : ] haha
but now that someone has said that it sounds correct, this song confuses me

haha yeah i have a weird & twisted mind. i guess i've been listening to it too many times..
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 4th, 2007 at 12:48am
imeanthis_4ever, I really think you're on to something. Your ideas actually explain how the song is angry and vengeful one moment, and tender and loving the next. Is there any other evidence to support it, though? Just out of curiosity...
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
Killjoy
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
April 5th, 2007 at 10:53am
I think that the title means that he is not self harming because its cool, hes doing it because he feels he needs to.
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 5th, 2007 at 07:41pm
Solitary Style:
imeanthis_4ever, I really think you're on to something. Your ideas actually explain how the song is angry and vengeful one moment, and tender and loving the next. Is there any other evidence to support it, though? Just out of curiosity...

exactly what i was thinking! i don't have any direct evidence, but you can see my response on Hang 'Em High.
mcr_4ever
Joining The Black Parade
mcr_4ever
April 7th, 2007 at 04:20pm
hmmm.. i think its about how u shouldn't kill urself for the benefit of other
emo drama queen
Salute You in Your Grave
emo drama queen
April 14th, 2007 at 09:02am
i thought this song was all about a deathwish and a fashion statement??? waaa??? Cheese *how stupid can i be* well i don't get the first part...

~~"FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME
AND WHAT I'LL DO TO YOU
YOU GET WHAT EVERYONE ELSE GETS
YOU GET A LIFETIME"~~