Don't have an account? Create one!

Politics

AuthorMessage
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
October 27th, 2007 at 03:06pm
LOL!

i dont have to vote till a few years time which i am extremely happy about LOL!

i think Howard should stay in parliment because of what happened last time labour was in parliment...
all the interest rates went WAYYYYYYYY High and apparently it caused alot of shit for heaps of people thats what everyone who is older than me told me LMAO!

btw what Quinn did was FUCKING AWESOME! LOL and Funny! Very Happy
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
October 29th, 2007 at 12:33pm
^
interest rates are hardly super low now. I know K07 is pretty much just HowardLite, but I think it really is time for a change of leadership. Howard seems so out of touch with the public, and he is a most foul and unlikeable fellow.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
October 29th, 2007 at 01:16pm
They are a lot lower now than they ever were under a Labor government though...
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
October 29th, 2007 at 01:52pm
its not just interest rates. last time labor was in government they did fantastic things for the aborigines. now, howards restricting them from all sorts of things they have rights to. AND most of the shit that goes on in aborigine communities happens in white communitties too. and john howard is buying votes now, upping the elderly.. whatever it is from $106 to $500!

pathetic sad sad little man.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
October 29th, 2007 at 01:59pm

So, let me get this straight, John Howard is a pathetic & sad little man because he is helping out the elderly who get barely enough money to live off, yet Kevin Rudd is great because he's doing something for a minority group?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
October 29th, 2007 at 02:51pm
asha molly.:

So, let me get this straight, John Howard is a pathetic & sad little man because he is helping out the elderly who get barely enough money to live off, yet Kevin Rudd is great because he's doing something for a minority group?

no, the john howard helping the elderly thing is a blatant attempt for more votes.

yes its good that he helped them
but its a pathertic way to get votes.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
October 30th, 2007 at 01:29am
sez:
They are a lot lower now than they ever were under a Labor government though...

That's true, but I don't think that just because it happened last time, means it will happen this time round, and seeing as Rudd is currently blasting the Howard govt's approach to interest rates, and promising lower rates if we let him in, I'm not all that fussed as it is in his interests (pun unintended) to keep em low.
Also during John Howard's time as treasurer the cash rate reached 22% and mortgage rates reached 13.5% so it's not just a Labor thing.

Rainbow Stylin, of course it's just a ploy to get votes. He is a politician after all. Same way Rudd is pledging $200 million towards saving the barrier reef is a ply for votes, because he knows that climate change is a hot issue atm.
They're both a bit wankerish really, but what can you do?
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
October 31st, 2007 at 01:04pm
I think Howard should stay in.
Rudd reckons he's going to somehow increase wages.
I do economics and if thats true, then because the definition of inflation is "a general and appreciable rise in the level of prices" increased wages will cause inflation, inflation will cause less real money, and so people will have less money to spend on goods which prices have increased, and to combat this inflation, the Reserve Bank of Australia will increase interest rates.

So I think John Howard should stay in parliment. Plus Kevin Rudd isnt very clear on what his policies are. He just talks about "new leadership" but doesnt say anything of substance.
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
November 1st, 2007 at 11:27am
I fucking hate Howard. He laughed when someone suggested that he put funding towards helping to save the Tassie Devils that are dying of facial tumors.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 1st, 2007 at 11:29am
yeah and he doesnt have a sense of humour about the chaser like rudd does!
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
November 1st, 2007 at 11:36am
@ domeofstars; What? omg D:
@ Rainbow Stylin; Rudd was pretty negative about the song about dead people turning into top blokes after death and the APEC stunt :/
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
November 1st, 2007 at 03:20pm
who else is up for picking names out of a hat? for every good thing about Rudd, theres someone else with a negative, and same goes for Howard.
I think my biggest problem with Howard isn't necessarily his policies, but just that he comes across as such an odious little man, and every time he talks I want to hit him.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 1st, 2007 at 04:42pm
Ooh, yes, I'll pick names out of a hat. That sounds like a good plan.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:46am

John Howard makes me laugh.
He's just so Aussie, it's great lol.
Earlier this year he was a guest commentater on the cricket, which cracked me up XD
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:47am
justxlies:
@ Rainbow Stylin; Rudd was pretty negative about the song about dead people turning into top blokes after death and the APEC stunt :/

did you watch chaser on the 31st?

hilaaarious

i love kevin rudd
littlewindmill
Thinking Happy Thoughts
littlewindmill
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:15pm
i like Rudd! i HATE howard, he promised $1000 for Carers Australia, which he used to re-line his personal jet with silk
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:21pm

And how did you find this out?

And a $1000 donation, in terms of political parties, is nothing.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
November 3rd, 2007 at 08:26am
It only costs $1000 to re-line a personal jet in silk? That's remarkably cheap.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
November 3rd, 2007 at 08:39am
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 3rd, 2007 at 09:26am
hheehe.