Don't have an account? Create one!

Politics

AuthorMessage
Sparkleshine
Killjoy
Sparkleshine
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:58pm
I dislike John Howard for a number of reasons, or rather, I dislike his policies... but when it comes down to him and Rudd, I'd rather the devil I know. Rudd has too little experience, is too immature. And while it seems like politics are all about being immature, I'd rather someone who knew how to sail this ship.

And worse comes to worse, Johnny resigns and we get Costello, who would probably do a good job.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 24th, 2007 at 12:40am
my parents told me something Costello said...it was very out there, I'd say good on him. It was something about telling the muslims to stop complaining about our culture (like christmas) & trying to change it. If they want their own culture they should go back home.

I mean, I couldn't agree more to that. Why come into a country whose people already have their way of life, (whether everyone believes in christmas or not, it's a festival right? it's happiness & presents even if you don't believe in christmas) & try to impose your set of rules on everyone else? I don't think there could be a neutral point either. It's either this culture or that, or else you get nothingness.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
November 24th, 2007 at 01:10am
Rainbow Stylin:
he didnt signt he kyoto protocol coz dear ol' georgy didnt.

I know that, but speaking hypothetically...

Personally, I think Australia, and Australians in general, are too afraid of change.
How will we ever know if there's anything better for us if we're too scared to risk it?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 07:48am
And worse comes to worse, Johnny resigns and we get Costello, who would probably do a good job.

PSH howard wont retire, he hates costello and wont hand over too him until hes not deputy. he wants to beat menzies as longest serving prime minister.

hes a crock of shit.

i hope you all voted properly today.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 07:51am
Sparkleshine:
IRudd has too little experience, is too immature. .

in what ways exactly?
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
November 24th, 2007 at 08:41am
Voted.
Lol, I had to work today, and one girl was like 'omg, I started filling out all the boxes beneath the line, I got to about four or five, and then I got bored'. Ahaha.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 24th, 2007 at 09:05am

Lmfao.
I wonder how many people actually did vote below the line, I know I sure as hell couldn't be bothered, there were 79 boxes for my electorate lol

I lol-ed so much at the voting place today.
I was there with a friend of mine, and he was in line in front of me to get his name marked off, and the chick doing it said "have you already voted today?", and he said "oh can we vote more than once now?" and was completely serious.
I was just like omg dumbass hahahaha
And that was from somebody who would have been able to vote in the last federal election too XD

Edit;
Lulz. Indepedants are winning in my electorate.
That'd be cool. Then we can be like 'we're so indie'
hahahahha.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 09:46am
bahahaha! labor won bennelong!

haha suck it howard.

p.s, for people who do not know, bennelong is john howards electorate, and there has only been one other case ever, of someone losing their own electorate.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 24th, 2007 at 09:49am

They haven't finished counting, so how on earth you would know that is beyond me
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 10:00am
are you watching channel 9 and/or ninemsn.com.au?
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
November 24th, 2007 at 10:33am
hi
yeah well so far lil johnny is losing...5% margin though
labor won my electorate by 20,000 votes
and omg with the senate voting....like seriously who will take the time to write in 1-79...
my rents voted for the climate change party...dk its exact name ...the one with dr karl...cause he actually has a brain.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 10:37am
well apparently k-rudd won the election (according to bob hawke, a few alp strategists and channel 9)
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
November 24th, 2007 at 10:48am
looks like we got ourselves a ruddslide...lol i don't know who came with that slogan to begin with, but i love it!
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 10:49am
k-rudd wins by a ruddslide

bahahha
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
November 24th, 2007 at 11:28am
Wow. Kevin Rudd won the election. I couldn't vote though cuz I was underaged.
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
November 24th, 2007 at 11:38am
ARGH Can't believe Rudd won! Shocked Mad
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 12:05pm
why the temper?
Dan.
Demolition Lover
Dan.
November 24th, 2007 at 12:10pm
^ Not everyone worships the ground that Kevin Rudd walks on.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 24th, 2007 at 12:38pm
i dont worship the ground he walks on, i just wanted to know why people dont like him
Sparkleshine
Killjoy
Sparkleshine
November 24th, 2007 at 12:47pm
Rainbow Stylin:
i dont worship the ground he walks on, i just wanted to know why people dont like him

I can't speak for anyone else... but he's too much of an idiot, in plain terms. I'd rather a PM who could play dirty quietly instead of throwing it all out there at the public screaming, "Look at me!!! Look at me!!! I'm better than poopy head Howard!!!!". At least with Howard, even if he does kiss American ass, even if he has some strange hatred towards public schools, even if he's damned our army to a cause that's lost it's meaning you know he's been there before. You know that he can keep this country sailing, even if we have to put up with his fantastically stupid laws and ideas.

Rudd is too young with not enough experience and certainly doesn't appear to have the cut-throat attitude that running a country needs. If he gets in then Australia is either going to sink or he'll flip faces and become a different man to the one he's been whoring out to magazines and television programs.