Don't have an account? Create one!

Politics

AuthorMessage
Chapstique
Jazz Hands
Chapstique
November 18th, 2007 at 05:04am
^ lmfao

ha one of the guys in my class is obsessed with Kevin Rudd and he's like 'Kevin Rudd rox my sox, he's the new messiah and john howard has a bad haircut!'
haha weirdo
I (and others in my class) piss him off by sticking 'Don't Risk Rudd' stickers everywhere Very Happy
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
November 22nd, 2007 at 10:46am
omg did anyone else hear about the liberal pamphlets that were supposedly from a musilm extremist group that said that you should vote for labour [as labour supported islamic extremist views] Shocked

that was really bad
talk about a dirty election campaign...
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 23rd, 2007 at 04:31am
they werent from a muslim extremist group, it was liberal candidate and their party handing out pamphletts about how labour loves them muslims.

they said they wanted it to be a "chaser-like stunt"

puh-lease. all the more reaosn NOT to vote the liberal party back in
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
November 23rd, 2007 at 07:40am
I don't think you're ever going to win with Government.
They're never going to please everyone.
As much as I believe John Howard has had plenty of political blunders that could very well be the cause of his downfall, he has stabilised this country.
Last time labour was in power, the unemployment rates were incredibly high.
Quite similar to when the Nazi political party got power in Germany. Laughing
Useless trivia, but anyway.

I think Kevin Rudd has a way of appealing to his audience more than John Howard can. And that's probably what will sway the votes - Rudd's public appeal.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 23rd, 2007 at 07:48am

^^ It wasn't the actual candidates for the coalition though.
It was 6 people who are associated with them (the outgoing members husband, and the new candidates husband were among them).
The coalition as a whole, knew nothing about the pamphlets, it was only those few people who actually knew about it.
I really don't see why it was made into such a big deal =/

I really, really hope that whatever the outcome of this election is, that unemployment rates don't rise.
I will seriously die if they do. It's hard enough to get a job where I am, and if unemployment goes up, obviously it's going to become even harder.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 23rd, 2007 at 09:59am
yes john howard has established out country, to the rascist follows anything george bush does, country it is today.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 23rd, 2007 at 10:02am

Edit; nvm. Can't be bothered getting into this.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:45am
so. Election is tomorrow.
who gives shit.
but those high unemployment & interest rates of Labor's over the time they were government is pretty much a solid fact.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:50am

It makes me laugh that with the big form, you get the choice of numbering one box above the line, or all the boxes under the line.
Who in their right mind would number all the boxes under the line?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:50am
yeah but the deaths of innocent australians in the afghani and iraqi war (and our pointless involvement) while the liberalls were in government overules unemployment rates.

well, to me anyway.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:53am
lol i feel ashamed a 16 yr old knows more about politics than I do. hehe.
well soldiers have a choice whether to enlist in the army, so they better agree with where the government is heading. I'm not sure if there's been Australian civilian deaths though.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 23rd, 2007 at 11:59am

I don't think there has been any civilian deaths, I think they've all been people in the defence force.
Probably journalists/media people too. Journalism is like, as dangerous as being in the defence force sometimes, how scary =/
[/spam]

Interest rate rises & unemployment rate rises are the worst things that can go together.
I only just realised that. Go me.
Wow, this just gets more depressing.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:01pm
I just feel like rocking up to election with an 'anarchy' look. how immature.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:05pm

Rofl. That'd be funny, like to see the looks you'd get XD

At the state election, a whole heap of my friends wore 'Vote for Pedro' shirts.
I think all the old people there thought we were from a cult or something XDDD
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:22pm
AHAHAH that's such the perfect thing to wear.
I get a satisfaction from making old people stare at me strange. It's like, welcome to the new generation. I get some of those looks at church ahaha.
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:01pm
^well there is an anarchist senate candidate. tempted to vote for them just for kicks. hahaha.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:03pm
ahahh really. anarchy would never make sense anyways.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:06pm
CAcT '-.-' tux:
lol i feel ashamed a 16 yr old knows more about politics than I do. hehe.

lol dont be, my mum's father and uncle were hard unionists.(they were part of the strikes and stuff that won workers most of their rights) so my mum teaches me stuff
also, my modern history teacher (the best teacher ever) and my class have political discussions.

my mum just teahces me stuff lol
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
November 23rd, 2007 at 02:44pm
Rainbow Stylin:
yeah but the deaths of innocent australians in the afghani and iraqi war (and our pointless involvement) while the liberalls were in government overules unemployment rates.

well, to me anyway.

With unemployment, you've got a lot more care required for many more families. Unemployment puts financial pressure on everyone, including the government who are expected to pay to get residents out of the turmoil
With unemployment begins a slow decrease in education, for different reasons - can't afford to send a child to school, they're being encouraged to get a job while they can etc.
As much as I disagree with war in general, and this war is no exception, it's obvious that John Howard got Australia involved in the war to form a tighter bond with the USA.
If he is not elected, I shudder to think how that ally relationship will turn out.

I'm not saying labour is no good, because if I had to pick who was going to win, I'd probably say labour, but I'm just saying when you take a step backwards and look at how Australia is running, it's fairly smooth.

I think if John Howard truly wanted to guarantee his re-election, he should have made much more of an effort in addressing issues such as climate change and conserving water here.
Imagine if he signed the Kyoto Protocol! The opinion polls probably would've boomed in liberal's case.

I guess with the way our government works, you never really know how good it is until you see it elsewhere.
I've been overseas, to Italy and France, and really Australia is something worth bragging about.
Our government has obviously done some things right because realistically, the most an average Australian has to worry about in an election is either party will admit to interest rates rising.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
November 23rd, 2007 at 03:54pm
he didnt signt he kyoto protocol coz dear ol' georgy didnt.