Don't have an account? Create one!

Suggestions

AuthorMessage
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 1st, 2007 at 03:03am
You can still ask random questions and get advice on it in the General Q&A thread, if you don't want to make a thread in the Personal Questions section.
There's no point making a thread for that stuff.
Umbrella Pwnage
Bleeding on the Floor
Umbrella Pwnage
June 2nd, 2007 at 12:09am
I think there should be a seperate thread for Requesting songs. The Reguesting Media Thread id loaded with people requesting songs. Even if someone put in a Requesting interviews thread. I know there is one for posting interviews but it's kinda hard to search through that.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
June 4th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this but it's sprung to mind a few times.

I was thinking how much easier it would be if we also had a 'page jumper' (i cant think of what its called?), where you type in the page number that you want to get to and you will automatically get taken straight to that page.

For example if you were on a topic that had 250 pages, and you wanted to get to the 190th page, you would therefore have to click your way through the pages, which can waste alot of time, so therefore having the 'page jumper', time is saved and INO is slightly improved.
..So that was just a little suggestion i thought i'd mention, since it's the only real major thing that concerns me about INO.

P.S.. if anyone understands what i mean and can put that in a better way of understanding, that would be much appreciated. (im not good at things like this :S)
Thnks fr th vnm
Demolition Lover
Thnks fr th vnm
June 4th, 2007 at 08:31pm
LoV3 YoU..MCR:
Sorry if someone's already mentioned this but it's sprung to mind a few times.

I was thinking how much easier it would be if we also had a 'page jumper' (i cant think of what its called?), where you type in the page number that you want to get to and you will automatically get taken straight to that page.

For example if you were on a topic that had 250 pages, and you wanted to get to the 190th page, you would therefore have to click your way through the pages, which can waste alot of time, so therefore having the 'page jumper', time is saved and INO is slightly improved.
..So that was just a little suggestion i thought i'd mention, since it's the only real major thing that concerns me about INO.

P.S.. if anyone understands what i mean and can put that in a better way of understanding, that would be much appreciated. (im not good at things like this :S)
http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/24292/11/
Tjat's this page. If you wanted to get to page 7, you erase the 11 and put 7
http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/24292/7/
fairytales.
Killjoy
fairytales.
June 5th, 2007 at 10:44pm
i was thinking... could we have like a section thingydood for people's photography- not of themselves, but like actual like artsy photography? just a though. and i'm sorry if that's already been suggested.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 5th, 2007 at 11:17pm
I actually created a thread quite some time ago for that.

http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/17612/
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
June 6th, 2007 at 06:47pm
How about a section where people can place screencaps?
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
June 7th, 2007 at 12:54am

^^
Of what?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 7th, 2007 at 01:30am
No. We have a million and one threads for different things, and if you want to put a pertinent screencap in one of them, feel free. But no new threads just for screencaps; that would be spam in its purest form.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
June 7th, 2007 at 09:18am
okay,
I guess a graphics request area would be bad also. Like where people can put up requests specifically.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 7th, 2007 at 10:27pm
We have Banners thread and an Icons and Avatars thread; that should do nicely.
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 10th, 2007 at 06:49pm
i think its about time to update the news
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
June 10th, 2007 at 10:52pm
(Just a thought! Please don't get mad at me for saying this)

I noticed that a lot of the other MCR fan sites set up interviews with the band and ask them questions that the fans sent in and what not.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have some people from INO interviewing them and representing INO?

INO is actually one of the biggest MCR fan sites, yet (from what I know of) it is one of the only ones that has never interviewed them.

If the administrator of INO could get interviews lined up for people who are going to see them on the dates lined up, they could ask them questions and show them how much INO loves and appreciates everything that they do.

You could make a thread that people can submit their questions on and the person doing the interview (or a mod) could decide which questions to ask them.

I just thought that it would be an interesting and fun thing to do.
Smile
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
June 11th, 2007 at 02:22am
This is probably going to get me a lot of flack from new users,
and may be considered either a bad idea or may even be un-doable, but.....

I would like to suggest a restriction on the first 200 - 300 posts a new users makes,
as well as a freeze on their ability to make threads until they reach that number of posts.

If the posts were restricted to the less serious parts of the board and the user was
unable to create threads (except for maybe a noob thread) then there would be less
spam to deal with in the more serious areas of the board, and if they were not able
to make threads, they would be forced to look for pre-existing threads to post in them,
rather than having the mods repeatedly deleting the same spam threads because
noobs can't bother to look, or don't know any better.

Also, if it could be made so that after their first log-in, it automatically takes
the new user to the page that pops up when you create a new thread, they
would make an introduction post, and that might get around the freeze on
creating threads, if that makes sense.

After 200 - 300 posts, they would (presumably) know enough about the board
and about navigation to exist here peaceably, eliminating that shaky noob period
that most new users go through, and making them less likely to get into tifts with
other users about things like spam threads and spamming threads.

I dunno, maybe it is an unrealistic idea.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 11th, 2007 at 02:25am
Only able to make a n00b thread. I think that might take some intervention by Dujo. PM him? Not sure how often he can make his way over here.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 11th, 2007 at 02:47am
Although I completely understand and agree with the point you're making with that suggestion Ruby, I also think it would really put off a lot of people from joining up.
Or at least, for continuing to use their INO account.
What about n00bs that do have message board experience?

Sure, introducing such a thing would reaaaaally make a mod's job a hellovalot easier, but at the same time I think it's a little unfair.

Just my opinion of course. If the admins and Dujo think it's a great idea, then obviously it doesn't matter what I think. XD
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
June 11th, 2007 at 03:17am
Opinions will obviously be taken into account.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
June 11th, 2007 at 05:37am
laura's last words:
(Just a thought! Please don't get mad at me for saying this)

I noticed that a lot of the other MCR fan sites set up interviews with the band and ask them questions that the fans sent in and what not.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have some people from INO interviewing them and representing INO?

INO is actually one of the biggest MCR fan sites, yet (from what I know of) it is one of the only ones that has never interviewed them.

If the administrator of INO could get interviews lined up for people who are going to see them on the dates lined up, they could ask them questions and show them how much INO loves and appreciates everything that they do.

You could make a thread that people can submit their questions on and the person doing the interview (or a mod) could decide which questions to ask them.

I just thought that it would be an interesting and fun thing to do.
Smile

I am really in favour of this suggestion, but we must take into account the time and effort it takes plus the avalibility of the guys.
We might not be able to rewach or contact them therefore not ablt to make an interview.
But if we could I would be all for it! Very Happy
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
June 11th, 2007 at 08:11am
^^I understand, I just thought that since INO was a really big fan site and is well-known that MCR would like to hear from us.

But, yes, arranging something like that would prove to be very difficult.
emilyFails
Thinking Happy Thoughts
emilyFails
June 11th, 2007 at 08:52am
Okay im really annoyed at the fact that people cant post new storys on here!
like lets face it mibba is not as good as INO
so why dont the administrators get rid of all the old abandoned stories that havent been thouched for months and make room for new ones!