Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You Video !!!

AuthorMessage
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 8th, 2007 at 04:28pm
Violent Pose:
I just watched the video...I thought it was absolutely amazing.
That song is beautiful and so is the video.
I loved the whole thing with them falling...that was pretty awesome, lol.
How long you had that name? Damn, now I gotta go back and find something else! Sad
Cyanide Laced
Joining The Black Parade
Cyanide Laced
March 8th, 2007 at 04:36pm
holy shit im actually speechless.....that was beautiful. im crying....
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 8th, 2007 at 04:43pm
Chemical-Hamster:

Actually, I am a huge MCR fan and I have been for a very long time. That 'rude comment' is my opinon. I'm so so sorry for it being different to yours. You can imply that I'm not a 'true' fan all you like, it doesn't change MY OPINION, or 'status' as a fan. Why should I care if I'm surronded by fans who love a video? Should I lie about what I think?

By the way, I'm not the one with the problem.

Maybe you could be a bit more polite about your response . . .
I'm not being bitchy or anything, but if you love them, you wouldn't
call them exactly what they propose they aren't.
skeptic or believer?
Jazz Hands
skeptic or believer?
March 8th, 2007 at 04:44pm
I gotta be honest when i first watched it i didnt like it....i dont know why,weird,but then today ive watched it many times and i think its probably the most artistic deep video they have ever done.It sums up really how much they have grown as i would never have imagined them doing something like this 12 months ago.My only downside to the video was some of gerards facial expressions....i was imagining al the avatars with them on!!!
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
March 8th, 2007 at 04:48pm
okay guys, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, so if someone isn't fond of the new vid it's completely alright to express it.

umm…what I don't understand is this emo-labelling. I know it's become a label that’s so cliché at the moment that one rather wants to stay away from it.
But especially because of the black & white colour-scheme and the black liquid, the video reminds me a bit of the pumpkins’ Stand inside your love-video (okay this is just me Very Happy), but no one at that time was talking of 'emo' although if this video came out today it would probably fall in exactly this category...
hunting for witches.
Always Born a Crime
hunting for witches.
March 8th, 2007 at 04:59pm
Right, well I decided to give this video another chance and I think it's beautiful. I'm so proud of them, they're really showing how much they've grown as artists. I didn't know it was directed by Marc Webb, and I love him...he's an amazing director.

I cannot wait until this video gets on iTunes...it's such an affective one. I feel like no matter what, everyone can relate to this song and watching the video just makes it so painful. Especially Gerard's facial expressions.

Good work, MCR.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
March 8th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Best one since I'm Not Okay Yes
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 8th, 2007 at 05:04pm
so i came into this conversation way after knowing what's going on, so i'm gonna change the subject and talk about THE VIDEO! (yay)

did anyone else think that this was the conversation that occurred right before they started filming?
Marc Webb: Gerard, I want you to act like someone just killed your hamster (i.e. the LOTMS one..yea, that one)
Gerard: you didn't kill my hamster, did you?
Marc: Maaaaybe

yea. his facial expressions are pretty priceless. I actually really liked the video. it was very artsy, which i liked. i really liked the b&w concept. and i liked the fact that they blew stuff up.
it appears that frank likes to throw his guitars around now (Famous Last Words and this one).

i haven't seen that smashing pumpkins vid, but IDLY kinda reminded me of AFI's "girls not grey"... i think it was the chick's hair. (did anyone else notice how big her eyes were? yikes.)

i was a bit confused why the boys are falling all over the place. i have to say the first time i saw that i laughed a little. i guess it kinda does make sense though.

Overall, i think the whole aesthetic really captures the idea of the song. that and gerard's facial expressions (lol)

i would love to see them make all of these vids a whole movie thing. but that would mean they would need to do more vids (yea, hear me complaining? yay sarcasm)

and... um... labeling is dumb b/c it just causes divisions and all that bad stuff, but if we're going to label, i am one proud emo chick. i honestly don't see what's so wrong with being emo, if you embrace it, people can't use it negatively against you b/c you prove to them that they're short-sighted and being just ridiculous.
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
i think the video represents falling in love and falling apart.

THAT is probably why they are is falling.

Gerard does look like he is about to cry.... Hell, I cried xD

When I heard Marc Webb was going to direct the video a month ago I knew it was going to be awesome. He is my favorite music video director xD

lol now it seems that now, my signature tells all lmfao
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
actually those facial expressions are too much for me: sometimes a little less is more Cool
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 8th, 2007 at 05:08pm
i actually thought the facial expressions were perfect if they were going to go for an over-the-top theatric feel.

did anyone else notice gerard's sweet ass dance moves? its just after frank's guitar smashes through glass i think (don't quote me on it)
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
March 8th, 2007 at 05:14pm
The facial expressions were brilliant in my opinion. Anyway, what I want to say has already been said.

Perfect video. Loved the way it was taken. The only video in the universe that has made me close to tears.
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
March 8th, 2007 at 05:15pm
NOpoetAcriminal:
i actually thought the facial expressions were perfect if they were going to go for an over-the-top theatric feel.

did anyone else notice gerard's sweet ass dance moves? its just after frank's guitar smashes through glass i think (don't quote me on it)

^^you could be right, as I said I have to watch it on a bigger screen to see how it works
but yep Gerard's sweet ass dances Mr. Green are always hypnotizing Shocked
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 8th, 2007 at 05:20pm
i actually started laughing a little bit... i was like "What the Frank? Did Gerard just DANCE?!?!?" and then started giggling (bf gave me weird look).

i dunno if this is my fave vid yet. it still has to beat FLW.... hm.
i tried watching it on a bigger screen and my comp freaked out.

gerard has beautiful eyes.

does anyone else think Frank grew his hair out so he could head-bang better? It's all swooshy now. i think i like... except his hair looks sorta like mine and my grandma already mistakes pics of me and frank (weird, i know).
silverrain
Thinking Happy Thoughts
silverrain
March 8th, 2007 at 05:23pm
NOpoetAcriminal:
does anyone else think Frank grew his hair out so he could head-bang better? It's all swooshy now. i think i like... except his hair looks sorta like mine and my grandma already mistakes pics of me and frank (weird, i know).

LOL Bangin those grandmas...
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 8th, 2007 at 05:39pm
^haha..

i really like this vid (just watched it again)
i'm trying to put my finger on what it reminds me of though. i mean, yea, AFI's Girls Not Grey b/c of the way the girl's dressed and her hair and whatnot... but there's something else too....

OH! so i wanted to say... does everyone think that they meet under the tree and fall in love there etc etc?
b/c personally i think that the story starts when he's coming to tell her goodbye. and then the part w/ the bench was where he finally leaves and she realizes that it really is over (like she was waiting for him on the bench)... and then it rains black (or in my opinion, blood, which kind of evoked a LOTMS kinda feel).

*goes to watch it again*
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 8th, 2007 at 05:42pm
did anyone notice the part where his paint rubs off on her back (when they're kissing)?

i feel as if that's significant... he took away her purity or something like that. she's like tainted. (yea, i'm reading way too much into this... his paint probably just smudged)

URGENT (sorta)... how does one make screen caps? (you can just pm me if you know... thanks)
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 8th, 2007 at 05:54pm
my second favorite...after the ghost of you...

watched it almost 10 times since i found out about it a half hour ago [i know im a loser]...

:]
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
March 8th, 2007 at 06:03pm
Burn all the Empires:
Hey guys,
How about we stop having a go at each other and discuss the video sensibly and with good reasons to back up your POV. We are all intitled to our opinions, so we should be able to respect each others and not dismiss them straight away. Can we also please cut out the swearing, there isn't really any need for it, maybe express your opinions using constructive language.

Ok, now I've babbled on I'll start with a constructive opinion!

I think this video is remarkable. It captures the essence of what the song is about. It may seem to be an obvious choice to use male and female characters but the way it's portrayed as them being almost opposites (using contrast of colour and tone) with the initial attraction and then the falling apart of the realtionship. The almost touching, but not quite, really makes you feel the pain of loving someone so deeply but then realising it can't go on or that those feelings are not the same anymore (and that really is painful - believe me). Especially the when they explode and crash to the ground at the end, like the final collapse into despair, and I would like to think this is the 'rock bottom' of both their lives before they are both reborn - apart.
The use of the band in video is not over-done, but subtle and beautifully filmed and performed. Gerards performance to the camera is incredible, I have never seen anything like it, such depth and honesty in his eyes, it's like he's actually looking and talking straight to you from his soul, and it is captured perfectly.
As for being Emo, to me Emo is just a label that people who don't understand certain types of music use to describe it when they want to put a label on something or box it in to be put on a certain shelf. MCR break these boundaries, noone knows where to put them, because they are just them, not just rock, punk rock, metal, emo, pop etc...... they don't sound like anyone else.
The use of black and white is perfect for the tone of the video and the meaning of the song, it's almost resembling the simplicity of the emotions of the ending of a love, it's over, that's it.
As for comparison with other videos, there isn't really any other that I can initially think of that are similar. I'm sure there probably is just because of the Black and White, and the lovers, but this fits the song, it's appropriate and meaningful, unlike a lot of other artisits who don't come up with the ideas themselves, they just let directors give them treatments about their interpretation of the song and pick the one they like the most, whereas MCR are one of the few bands who always have control.

Well there you go, I'd love to hear other peoples opinions (in a non-offensive, constructive manner.).

You're brilliant, you know that? I agreed 110% of everything you said, and I think if people called that "shit", they should most definitely BACK IT UP. Seriously guys, back up why you didn't like it. I wish people understood more often the aesthetics of many things and how that video was NOT "emo". I always find myself agreeing with your responses, Jenni. Very Happy Clap

Plus, Burn All The Empires majors in Film, so she knows what she's talking about. Thanks for always being so sensible. We need that more often (including myself).
hiddenn.
Salute You in Your Grave
hiddenn.
March 8th, 2007 at 06:54pm
I swear that it was one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. I love how the girl is a personification of white and the man is a personification of black. I also love how the couple goes so well together.
Whenever I see Gerard do that video, he's using all of the sweetness and beauty that he has.
There is something about the way he looks at the camera, like he is talking to someone that he loves more than anything. Something about the way he is moving his beautiful lips and the way that he is grasping the microphone.
The part where Frank is throwing the guitar and when the amp and the guitars blow up, the water that Frank's Les Paul is going through makes such a difference.
I love this video and it is perfect no matter what you people say. [but thanks to the good people]
I kinda freaked out when Frank was throwing his Les Paul around, though. I mean, it's $1,400!