Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 27th, 2008 at 12:20pm
The song that got me into them was Famous Last Words. After my brother showed me their video for it, I knew the band was different. I was so curious about them that for days I looked all over youtube for videos, then I looked all over for interviews(article interviews too), then I added all of their songs(including b-sides, collaborations, and unreleased stuff) to my ipod. After I looked at the interviews though, I recognized how sincere they are and what their message is, then I was totally hooked. :]
photocopied_dreamx3
Killjoy
photocopied_dreamx3
June 27th, 2008 at 02:19pm
I'm Not Okay (I Promise) was the first song I heard. I feel in loveeeee
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
June 27th, 2008 at 02:40pm
to be honest, it wasn't a song.

it was the wxy they presented themselves, the aesthetic, and what they had to say for themselves. made me think twice when I finally heard their cds. my friends were into them, first. so I had to see what all the fuss was about. xD
Intro.Notes
Joining The Black Parade
Intro.Notes
June 27th, 2008 at 02:51pm
I was at a firends house, and she changed the channel, and it was in the middle of the "Helena" video. I was talking to her a bit and generally being bored, but when I saw the video I sat down and shut up until it was over. It captivated me.

Then, on the same day at the same friends house, I was in a different room and someone changed the channel and it was in the middle of the video for "The Ghost Of You". I'd never heard of MCR before, and I didn't even realize it was the same band until it said so in the corner of the screen at the end of the video. I was amazed and impressed by how different both videos were, and how much emotion they drew from me.

I went to buy "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge", just based on those videos. But I was a dollar short, so I bought "I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love" instead.

Actually, I didn't even like "Bullets" at first, I friggin' hated it. So I didn't listen to it for a few months. Then, for the hell of it, I popped it in, and something just clicked. I fell in love with it, and went on to buy "Revenge".

But my true love for them started when I bought "Life On The Murder Scene". I remember it was at like 11:00 pm and I was hiding in my mom's sewing room, and I watched both dvds in their entirety that night.

The next morning I couldn't shut up about them. And I haven't been able to since.

That was when I was twelve. I'm fifteen now, and I'm still hopelessly addicted.

...This post was a bit long, but...meh.
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
June 27th, 2008 at 04:55pm
For some reason, I stumbled across their song on a radio. But it was a shitty radio station which only played sort of indie type bands who hadn't gotten any acknowledgement yet.
And It was Demolition Lovers I believe?

And yes, I instantly fell in love. Head over heels and fell for them pretty hard.
And I still feel as strong about them as I did when I first heard them.
MCRfreak97
Killjoy
MCRfreak97
July 2nd, 2008 at 03:42pm
well, i first heard teenagers and i liked it but i wasn't in love yet. then i went on itunes and downlowed welcome to the black parade and i listened to it like 20 times that night and i was in love. every single time i hear one of there songs i just feel so at peace, like i'm protected from all the suckish stuff in the world. hearing gerards voice making everything ok, even if i'm not ok. does that make any sense???
Bullets of Revenge
Fabulous Killjoy
Bullets of Revenge
July 2nd, 2008 at 04:03pm
Helena for me also
I saw the premiere of it on TRL. I really started liking them after I saw them perform it at the VMA's
tin3zenit
Killjoy
tin3zenit
July 2nd, 2008 at 06:19pm
For me WTTBP live at VMA'S in 2006!..i fell in love with this band..and now i still in love with them !
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
July 2nd, 2008 at 06:52pm
the final score.:
Welcome to the Black Parade.

After hearing that, I was so intrigued by this band I had never heard before.
I did my research of the band over the internet, found there other videos and then went out and bought all of their albums.
From then on, I was hooked.
I sat for hours on youtube searching for interviews concerning the band, and spent endless amounts of money on the bands merchandise.

Isn't it strange how something as small as a song can lead to an obsession?

I did all that.
(apart from merch, the nearest place here that sells it only sells crap quality tees)

It was I Don't Love You for me. In Love
Richelle-the-Ripper;
Joining The Black Parade
Richelle-the-Ripper;
July 2nd, 2008 at 10:08pm
this one:

Scarlett O'Hara.
Motor Baby
Scarlett O'Hara.
July 2nd, 2008 at 10:32pm
Well, the first song that I heard was Helena, and because I was a naive little 12 year old at the time, I thought the video was strange. But I knew there was something special about the lead singer though, when I saw him. I didn't know what it was...Then I downloaded Welcome to the Black Parade from Limewire after hearing about it somewhere...I didn't really listen to it until I saw the video. That video just blew me away. I was obsessed with it and watched it over and over. Thats what got me into MCR. I immediately then bought The Black Parade cd. After that I started researching the band and thats when I found out how sweet and goofy the guys actually were; I found for once that I could actually relate to a band and not feel intimidated by the members....well that was it. And now here I am.
In Love
Wisper of the Heart
Motor Baby
Wisper of the Heart
July 3rd, 2008 at 12:00am
Vampires Will Never Hurt You.

I was with my cousin David and his friends watching videos on Dave's laptop. The Vampires video starts playing ( and me being a stupid brat) I was like "Look Davie!! Icky Vampires!!!" Everyone nods in agreement. Two years later, same situation. Dave goes "Look Alix-Amms!! Vampires!!" I look at 'em for a moment then screamed(well, almost) " Excuse me? THERE NOT VAMPIRES!!" *attack*
listen to your heart
In The Murder Scene
listen to your heart
July 3rd, 2008 at 06:48am
the first time i listens to helena,i fell in love with them.the song WTTBP for me,is one of the best rock song ever.

July 3rd, 2008 at 07:31am
I saw Im Not Ok and Helena, but didnt know who they were, but then i heard them again and i was in love!!!
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:49am
WTTBP got me interested in them, but FLW and Cancer is what made me fall in love with the band (:
lost in stereo.
Salute You in Your Grave
lost in stereo.
July 3rd, 2008 at 06:15pm
Well it wasn't really a specific song.

My friend started to like mcr and I would be at her house and in her car and stuff and mcr would always be on. So I started to like them and stuff, and then she got tickets to go to a my chem concert. I went with her, the most amazing night EVER, and now I'm really very truly obsessed with them. Dance
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
July 4th, 2008 at 11:37pm
I think Welcome to the Black Parade got me into them. On a splurge, I bought the video off iTunes, fell in love with it, and then watched it about one-hundred times. Then I bought all of the albums and it was history from there.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
July 5th, 2008 at 11:44am
it was wttbp but that wasnt the first song i heard from them
murder city.
Salute You in Your Grave
murder city.
July 5th, 2008 at 02:04pm
helena.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
July 5th, 2008 at 04:00pm
Welcome to the Black Parade, even though I'd listened to them before. But I fell in love with them once i heard that. Thankfully, I got in my right mind and loved the rest of the music. XD