Don't have an account? Create one!

What song got you into them.

AuthorMessage
Girl_Anachronism
Joining The Black Parade
Girl_Anachronism
May 23rd, 2008 at 02:50pm
My brother played The Ghost of You one time and i thought it sounded awesome, but he didn't tell me the artist, so I forgot about it....
Then like a year and a half ago I was heading to a bowling alley with my youth group, and my friend played Welcome to the Black Parade, I just said out of nowhere 'I love this band so much! Who are they?' My friend just said 'My Chemical Romance'. I told my brother the next day, and he said yeah, they're the ones who sang The Ghost of You. I was like whoa. I've loved them ever since.I don't know why, but I remembered them playing GOY.
Sorry I wrote so much!
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:04pm
I was up all night, freaked out by "Nightmare On Elm Street" (which is a total laugh now, but hey, I was like, 11.) So I turned on VH1 and Insomniac's Video Theatre was on (that's when they play all the alternative stuff..don't know if they still do that) and Helena comes on...I was even more scared shitless, but then a week later my sister bought the CD and I've been a major fan ever since. Smile
lunatic! lizzy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
lunatic! lizzy
May 23rd, 2008 at 07:46pm
i saw the INO video and my brother was like, THERE GAY!!!!!! THAT GUY JUST KISSED THAT OTHER DUDE!!!!!!!! i was like...so its an awesome song. then i kinda liked them for awhile but not obsessively, and then the black parade came out and my friend got obsessed and was like oh i guess i'll listen to their new cd and then i was like O.O this is fucking awesome...
WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!!?!?!
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
May 24th, 2008 at 10:57pm
welcome to the black parade.

i saw it on tv

there was no turning back from that point on
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 26th, 2008 at 03:39am
Welcome to the Black Parade. I heard it on the radio. Just like every stupid poser who says they're a "fan" just because they've heard that song.
But when I heard that song, I actually listened. It was more than just a catchy rock track; this song spoke to me. The lyrics hit me hard. I knew there had to be something more to this band, something special. After watching the music video, I was blown away; the guys took risks and pushed limits in that video like no other group I'd seen had ever done before. I couldn't stop watching, couldn't stop listening ... every time Gerard yelled "We'll carry on!", I felt myself changing, becoming a little stronger.
...and the rest is history.
Lillie
Killjoy
Lillie
May 26th, 2008 at 07:00am
famous last words

was going though a rough time,
depression, thinking of scicide etc.
but they got me over it.
i luurve them,
they have fucking saved my life Very Happy
stxrlesseyes
Always Born a Crime
stxrlesseyes
May 27th, 2008 at 11:13am
headfirst for halos <3
misery and harmony
Salute You in Your Grave
misery and harmony
May 27th, 2008 at 01:11pm
I Don't Love You & Welcome to the Black Parade. I had like 5 songs by them on my ipod but I hadn't listened to any of them. But then bp started playing one day, and I fell in love with it. Not just the song, I felt like "where had this fucking amazing band been all my life"? And ofc I downloaded all of their songs from tbp asap, and then revenge and then bullets...and god,you don't know, it was my friend who told me about them(I had read about 'em before that though), but now I am a bigger fan than her! At least I think I am as I have them in my head all the time, I love all of their cd:s(she doesn't like bullets), I talk about them all the time and when I said to her: Our hero turns 31 tomorrow she said:
"Carecup is empty?"
just as always when I start to talk about MCR.
carolaisabel
Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
May 27th, 2008 at 01:16pm
Helena , I just loved the video and after that I never stopped loving the band.
star-crossed lover
Fabulous Killjoy
star-crossed lover
May 27th, 2008 at 05:45pm
Salty Eyes:
It was when i was starting highschool and really depressed and alone that i discovered them.
My brother used to watch a bunch of rock videos on the net and they would be on a shuffle setting so it would be one random rock band after another.

Bro: Hey Layla come watch this vid, it's from Breaking Benjamin!
*Video ends*
Me: Cool, i'm gonna go now... *Gets up and Helena comes on*
Bro: Ew, next.
Me: No wait i wanna see this!
*Video ends*
Me: *Completely speechless*

In a twisted way, my bro introduced me to them and he really regrets it because now whenever MCR comes on i'll dominate the TV and will growl and hiss at whoever tries to change it. >.>

me 2! my family knows better than to disturb me when they're on.
This.Useless.Heart.
Motor Baby
This.Useless.Heart.
May 28th, 2008 at 09:53pm
Well it was really the video to "I'm Not Okay(I Promise)". I saw it a couple of times and thought it was funny, but didn't really committ the band to memory until later when my mom saw them on a show that was about the making of the video and she fell in love with them instantly and kept gushing about them so finally we watched it together and I was like "Oh it's those guys. Hey! They are pretty good!" and then mom got the CD like a week later and we've been in love with them around here ever since.
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
May 29th, 2008 at 10:44am
i met mcr just for a stupid pc program, mm on 2004.

Mooooom!
What ?
this stupid program doesnt work!
Ares?
yeah, i wanna download Tronic Songs!
but, omg, click on the name!
*click*
what the fuck? this is not Tronic, MAI QUEMICAL ROUMANSS?
and what is that?
i dont know oh fucking computer ¬_¬
*mom clicks on the mcr's downloaded song"
is the tearing sound of love notes (Cool
mom ._., this song, is... amazing Neutral
*mom searching pictures about the "new" band*
they're gay
uhmmm, but they play great Very Happy , love it
what ever, now please, do ur homework

and then xD i just cant stop of listening those boys :]
of course, that here in Chile nobody knew about them D: just with Helena they started to have fans, so im very glad of "discover" the before xD
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 30th, 2008 at 06:35am
This friggin amazing song! Woohoo Vampires Will Never Hurt You
got my old pw back!
Really Not Okay
got my old pw back!
May 30th, 2008 at 08:45am
i got into them kinda late on.
WTTBP, sadly.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
June 4th, 2008 at 01:23pm
WTTBP.

I owe that song so much.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 4th, 2008 at 01:38pm
I first downloaded the track WTTBP and liked it so much I bought the album. Famous Last Words was the one that really blew me away when I first heard it. ~ Rex
tin3zenit
Killjoy
tin3zenit
June 4th, 2008 at 04:22pm
The Black Parade. I see on tv Mtv Awards 2006 ....i fell in love with this band
Xfamousxlastxwords
Killjoy
Xfamousxlastxwords
June 4th, 2008 at 06:52pm
ha... teenagers... my friend used to play it all the time on the phone so i looked up more of there songs and of corce they wer all amazing
When The Funeral End
Killjoy
When The Funeral End
June 4th, 2008 at 07:08pm
The first one i heard was Helena... but i thought nothing of the band
it wasn't until i heard Welcome To The Black Parade did i start listening to them for real. (I later realized that Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was a better album...)
fifth period.
Bleeding on the Floor
fifth period.
June 4th, 2008 at 08:08pm
Seeing the I'm Not Okay music video on fuse in like 2005.