Don't have an account? Create one!

The Morning After Pill

AuthorMessage
scissor.fuck.cunt.
Banned
scissor.fuck.cunt.
May 26th, 2007 at 02:37pm
Cira o.O:
i agree with everyone that says it should be open to all ages, cuz arent condoms? i mean, if u r gonna have sex and u can buy a condom to be safe, why cant u buy the morning after pill just to make sure that the condom worked? hope that made sense.....

i totally agree..im sexually active and i always use protection but the morningafter pills are just for safe keeping. They definitly should be allowed to everyone of all ages.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
June 17th, 2007 at 11:41pm
this is a really...weird pill. it shouldnt be a over the counter pill and there NEEDS to be a age limit. anyone under 18 this pill may hurt them if they take it.

so the pill kills the sperm...right? its not killing a fertilized egg so its killing the sperm?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 17th, 2007 at 11:45pm
druscilla; in rags:
I just found out this morning that my sister's thirteen year old friend had unprotected sex. She couldn't talk to her mom so my sister talked to ours. My mother agreed to purchase the morning-after pill. The morning-after pill is a pill you take after you have sex. It can keep fertilization from occurring, but cannot destroy an egg that has already been fertilized and "planted" [so to speak]. It works up to 72 hours after sexual intercourse.

If you are over the age of 18, you can buy this drug. Other than that, you have to have a prescription.

I think that is completely and totally wrong. Kids should not have to go to their parents to get this pill if they need it. They should be able to go into the drugstore and purchase it themselves. It's just like any other contraceptive.

There should not be an age limit.

Discuss.

wait, what the hell? you can get a condom at age 12 but can't get this till age eighteen. that's really stupid. if they don't want people to get abortions ar dump the baby behind a mcdonalds why don't they make this more available?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 18th, 2007 at 12:06am
MCR Rocks:
so the pill kills the sperm...right? its not killing a fertilized egg so its killing the sperm?
No, it just brings on a period - if there is a fertilized egg present, it destroys it. If the egg isn't yet fertilized (there's a 72-hour window of opportunity in which to take it), it destroys the egg and the lining of the uterus (which is what makes a period), so that the egg can't implant in the lining.
I'm not 100% on the complete logistics, but as far as I know it basically destroys the environment a fertilized egg needs to survive, rendering the egg, sperm and lining useless so that if it hasn't been fertilized, it can't be, and if it is, it dies anyway.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 18th, 2007 at 12:20am
^is it affective? or well how affective really.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 18th, 2007 at 12:30am
It decreases your chances of getting pregnant by 75%.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 18th, 2007 at 12:46am
^oh, but can you use it to get high? maybe that's why only people 18 and older can use it?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
June 18th, 2007 at 12:56am
^ I'm almost 100% sure you can't use it to get high.
I mean, it's basically just the regular Pill, but in a much higher dose, and I've never heard of anybody getting whacked off the Pill. It's just hormones that are naturally occurring in the body, it's not like it's morphine or anything you could get high on.

I'm assuming the age restriction has more to do with misuse (ie people using it instead of condoms or the regular Pill) or because of the implications of underage people using it (eg you can't get a prescription for the regular Pill under the age of 16 unless a parent/guardian consents to it). Like, if a doctor or pharmacist gave the MAP to an underage girl, and their parents found out, there might be a possibility of a lawsuit occurring because the parents' permission wasn't sought. Even if it were legal, the parents might still get up in arms because they might see that kind of thing as doctors etc 'encouraging' children to have sex. You and I know that's not the case, but the sad fact is a lot of parents out there are living in the goddamned Dark Ages, thinking that even the mention of 'sex' in their household is the same thing as sitting your kids down and saying, 'Hey, go right ahead, do it with anybody, anywhere, anytime - it's totally okay to have sex!' That's why sex ed is such a debated issue - a lot of parents believe that teaching kids about how to protect themselves is basically telling them, 'It's totally okay to have sex at the age of 13, as long as you wear a condom', or they believe that it's their role as parents to educate their kids, not the school's job, but then they refuse to broach the subject or allow their children to educate themselves by reading books etc on the subject, because it's 'dirty', 'sinful' or they feel that, by talking/learning about sex, it means they're going to do it. It's ridiculous, but sadly that's the way a lot of people are.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 18th, 2007 at 01:11am
^ oh, ok thanks, i guess it scares parents to think of what their kids are doing and how they're not 3 anymore or whatever, i'd be scared to
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 18th, 2007 at 02:19pm
Yeah. If you take nearly a month's worth of birth control it's the same as the morning-after pill.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
June 18th, 2007 at 02:43pm
I think the age limit is good. Without it, teenagers would think that having unprotected sex is okay.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 18th, 2007 at 03:05pm
^So with an age-limit, adults will think underage sex is okay?

Plus the Morning After Pill only prevents from pregnancy, not STDs. There are plenty of reminders that you shouldn't have sex without a condom. The Morning After Pill just helps people when accidents happen.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 18th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Dance on fire.:
I think the age limit is good. Without it, teenagers would think that having unprotected sex is okay.

That's absolutely ridiculous.
And from what I've heard from people who take the pill, it makes you so sick that you will want to use protection more so you don't have to use it again.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
June 18th, 2007 at 04:00pm
druscilla; in rags:

That's absolutely ridiculous.
And from what I've heard from people who take the pill, it makes you so sick that you will want to use protection more so you don't have to use it again.
I know girls who would use the pill and think that it's okay. They would have unprotected sex all the time and never once use condoms. And they would use the 'accidents happen' excuse until the words lose all meaning. If I had an accident like that my mom would help me once. But if it happened again she wouldn't help me at all. It's all about resposibility, people.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 18th, 2007 at 04:05pm
^There are always going to be idiots who abuse things, whether they're thirteen or thirty-seven. By not allowing all underage girls access to the morning after pill, you're only screwing over the ones for whom it really was a one time only accident.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
June 18th, 2007 at 04:12pm
Fezzik:
^There are always going to be idiots who abuse things, whether they're thirteen or thirty-seven. By not allowing all underage girls access to the morning after pill, you're only screwing over the ones for whom it really was a one time only accident.
You're right. Maybe the age limit is kinda not a good idea. But maybe a limit to how many you can buy before your parents are contacted?
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
June 18th, 2007 at 04:26pm
I'm against premarital sex, and am against this. Kids shouldn't really be having premarital sex. I mean, for younger teens. For kids that are sixteen, seventeen, fine, make sixteen the age limit maybe. Thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen- year olds shouldn't really have sex. Whatever, it's not my problem, as I plan to stay a virgin until marriage (hopefully). A lot of people do it (unintended pun right thar<Wink. But sex not really sex anymore. It's a horny fix, although, as several people have said, horny comes before the sex. I hope you get my point.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 18th, 2007 at 04:29pm
Dance on fire.:
You're right. Maybe the age limit is kinda not a good idea. But maybe a limit to how many you can buy before your parents are contacted?

I don't think I'd have a huge problem with that. I just think your average girl who gets in a situation where she might be pregnant should be able to get it anonymously and over the counter. That way she doesn't have to agonize over if she is or isn't pregnant for weeks, and then possibly have to make the choice of what to do if she actually is.
Also, they usually give the Morning After Pill to women who have been raped - but not everyone who's raped reports it; if they have access to it at least they don't have to worry about pregnancy.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
June 18th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Wild Eyed Joker.:
I'm against premarital sex, and am against this. Kids shouldn't really be having premarital sex. I mean, for younger teens. For kids that are sixteen, seventeen, fine, make sixteen the age limit maybe. Thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen- year olds shouldn't really have sex. Whatever, it's not my problem, as I plan to stay a virgin until marriage (hopefully). A lot of people do it (unintended pun right thar<Wink. But sex not really sex anymore. It's a horny fix, although, as several people have said, horny comes before the sex. I hope you get my point.
So, I couldn't have sex but my sister could? That's not fair. I mean, I'm not gonna have sex until I'm ready, but that is just no fair. And I know people that their parents are like this and they would do anything to have sex. They would get married just for one night. I think it's okay if you think that you want to wait for marriage, but not everyone is like that. So my friend's a whore? I mean, she had her first baby at my age. And everyone harasses her for it. She made one mistake and she must be a horrible girl with horrible parents and no morals.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
June 18th, 2007 at 06:35pm
Wild Eyed Joker.:

For the most part I agree, it's best for them to not have sex. But if they do they shouldn't be forced into parenthood--creating a bad atmosphere and environment for not only themselves but the child--and so this should be legal.

Should or shouldn't as far as sex goes is irrelevant, because people have sex, and that's the age at which we are biologically programmed to start--meaning, whether or not it's a good idea, some still will. And what's definitely not a good idea is for kids to be rearing kids.