Don't have an account? Create one!

The Morning After Pill

AuthorMessage
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 18th, 2007 at 07:06pm
^it's all about moralls. i know i don't want anything to happen to me, but i still wanna play and mess around. i personally would use the morning pill, but i would have to bribe an older friend to get me some.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
June 19th, 2007 at 08:53am
I think there should be an age limit. for several reasons:
1) If there isn't an age limit, it encourages irresponsible sex among underage people
2)The pill might have a different effect on young girls like some derm pills like gluthathione and such
3)The person to use it must be old enough to understand the effects of the pill (e.g. does the pill contain substances i am allergic to? or what will happen if i frequently use it?)
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 19th, 2007 at 11:11am
the.reaper.wore.pink:
I think there should be an age limit. for several reasons:
1) If there isn't an age limit, it encourages irresponsible sex among underage people

If there's a need for the pill then they're already having irresponsible sex.
A pill isn't going to stop that. It's already happening.
It's barbaric to punish somebody with a child.
xXGhostInTheSnowXx
Killjoy
xXGhostInTheSnowXx
June 19th, 2007 at 05:36pm
i agree,,,it's by the way also the young girls who are too young to have a child that need the pill,,,not a 25 year old woman (mostly often), so if you set a age-limit many girls will try to get ride of the child in other ways, maby more dangerous, or they will wait to long so they can't do an abortion, and if i were that girl i would almost kill myself!
IamManHearMEroar!!
Killjoy
IamManHearMEroar!!
July 4th, 2007 at 06:01am
um...im sorry to say this but,a 13 year old girl having anykind of sex is just not right...well to me anyway.i do not say yes to little kids having sex,but if needed a pill should be available.but i think they should tell their parents.having sex is a beauty and a privlage.do not mistreat it.if your gonna do it, please think it out.it can truamatize you if you do it without thinking and can ruin a wonderful relationship.when i was younger my girlfriend tempted me to have sex and i said yes cause i thought i was in love,the next day i caught her with another guy and she left me...if you are going to have sexual relations with someone please make sure you know what the hell you are doing and how you are going to feel about it the next
day.how will your partner feel about you.and so on.he or she might only want you for that reason.13 year olds do not yet understand their emotions as they are going through puberty and such.they may actually be in love but most of the time the relationship is over in an instant.but now i am going of topic so i leave you with this:
the pill should be available, but dont treat sex like that.there is a difference between making love and being in love.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
July 19th, 2007 at 04:23am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
MCR Rocks:
so the pill kills the sperm...right? its not killing a fertilized egg so its killing the sperm?
No, it just brings on a period - if there is a fertilized egg present, it destroys it. If the egg isn't yet fertilized (there's a 72-hour window of opportunity in which to take it), it destroys the egg and the lining of the uterus (which is what makes a period), so that the egg can't implant in the lining.
I'm not 100% on the complete logistics, but as far as I know it basically destroys the environment a fertilized egg needs to survive, rendering the egg, sperm and lining useless so that if it hasn't been fertilized, it can't be, and if it is, it dies anyway.

what! um.... dont you think thats kinda wrong? i mean you're basically throwing a girl cycle completely off by forcing her body to start her period. that would really screw up her body and would make her sick! and some of you think that there shouldnt be a age limit? yea it would hurt a 18 year old, but would thrash a 13 year olds
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
July 19th, 2007 at 05:23am
MCR Rocks:
what! um.... dont you think thats kinda wrong? i mean you're basically throwing a girl cycle completely off by forcing her body to start her period. that would really screw up her body and would make her sick! and some of you think that there shouldnt be a age limit? yea it would hurt a 18 year old, but would thrash a 13 year olds

No, I don't think that it's wrong at all. What I think is wrong is a 13-year-old falling pregnant and either having to go through an abortion, or be stuck witha child, or give the child up for adoption. At that age, hardly any girls are 'regular' anyway (hell, I'm 21 and mine are still all over the place), so 'throwing their body off track' does them far less harm than it would to a woman whose periods are well-established and regular.
This pill has been tested and tested time and time again, and reserachers have established that there is no real risk to a person's health by taking this pill - yes, there are side effects, but those are minor, like nausea and spotting - which, if you read the instructions on your regular birth control pill, are also present in many other medications that nobody even thinks twice about.
Sad fact - if a 13-year-old girl doesn't want to 'trash her body around' by taking the MAP, she should have kept her freaking legs shut. And if she was raped, well I'm sure she'd much, much rather feel sick for a day or two than feel sick for a month or two waiting to find out if she's fallen pregnant to her rapist.

These pills have been deemed safe by medical reserachers, otherwise they wouldn't be on the market to begin with.
I see nothing wrong with lowering the age limit or at least making it available to girls who need it - feeling sick for a day or tow is nothing compared to the four months of morning sickness I went through. Luckily my pregnancy was planned so I just lived with it.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
July 19th, 2007 at 07:07am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
MCR Rocks:

No, I don't think that it's wrong at all. What I think is wrong is a 13-year-old falling pregnant and either having to go through an abortion, or be stuck witha child, or give the child up for adoption. At that age, hardly any girls are 'regular' anyway (hell, I'm 21 and mine are still all over the place), so 'throwing their body off track' does them far less harm than it would to a woman whose periods are well-established and regular.
This pill has been tested and tested time and time again, and reserachers have established that there is no real risk to a person's health by taking this pill - yes, there are side effects, but those are minor, like nausea and spotting - which, if you read the instructions on your regular birth control pill, are also present in many other medications that nobody even thinks twice about.
Sad fact - if a 13-year-old girl doesn't want to 'trash her body around' by taking the MAP, she should have kept her freaking legs shut. And if she was raped, well I'm sure she'd much, much rather feel sick for a day or two than feel sick for a month or two waiting to find out if she's fallen pregnant to her rapist.

These pills have been deemed safe by medical reserachers, otherwise they wouldn't be on the market to begin with.
I see nothing wrong with lowering the age limit or at least making it available to girls who need it - feeling sick for a day or tow is nothing compared to the four months of morning sickness I went through. Luckily my pregnancy was planned so I just lived with it.

yea you're kinda right about the throwing your period off, but a 13 YEAR OLD GIRL taking this pill, you dont see a problem with it? i dont believe in the whole 'absinetence' thing you should have sex when you want to, but a 13 year old shouldnt be having sex, especially non protected sex. this pill is just saying ' oh its ok that you had sex so you young, and didnt use a condom, you can take this and you dont have to worry about getting pregant' its giving teenage girls a free ride out of their mistakes. and just because doctors say its safe doesnt mean they're safe for every girl. one girl may have more side affects than a different girl
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
July 19th, 2007 at 03:53pm
^No it's not.
Like Cigarettes and Suicide said, you feel sick and nauseous all day. Not exactly encouragement to find yourself in that situation again.
Not allowing everyone access to the Morning After Pill won't stop thirteen year-olds from having sex, it will just stop them from having a better way of dealing with pregnancy scares than just hoping, and then possibly having to deal with an abortion or carrying a child to term.
Pilgrim.
Salute You in Your Grave
Pilgrim.
July 19th, 2007 at 05:15pm
I had to get a morning after pill once, and i most definitely don't want to go through it again. I was so sick for two days that i thought i was dying or something, and the lecture i got from the pharmacist made me triple-check protection every time after that. I haven't got a clue what the law says about the age limit here, but it's sold freely over the counter if you're 18 or over. I think it might be 16 but I'm not sure. You don't have to pay if you go see a doctor, but I'd rather pay my 20euros and get it over with a bit quicker.

Now as so many has said before, 13-year-olds shouldn't be having sex in the first place but they do and we have to cope with the fact. I can only imagine how humiliating it must be for a teenager to go and get the pill if it was bad enough for me (I think I was 19 at the time). The pill was developed for a reason, to prevent unwanted pregnancies in case you've had unprotected sex (or if your protection failed, like in my case Smile), so why on earth has it become something you should be embarrased about. Yes, it's not a form of protection but more of a "last resort", but being too humiliated to ask for one is not a solution either.
mortifer
Killjoy
mortifer
July 20th, 2007 at 02:56pm
If someone is stupid enough to have unprotected sex (and I'm not talking about rapes or other situations where you don't have a choice), they should at least have the decency to face the consequences of it. Maybe it would make them think twice.

So I support the age limit. I hope people get smarter as they age and don't even have to use the pills.

And on the contrary to popular beliefs that "It's just like any other contraceptive", it most certainly isn't. It should be the very last choice.

Besides, those pills won't save you from sexually transmitted diseases. Worst case scenario, you'll get aids. And it's too late to cry.
KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 06:41am
I think the age limit should be according to the age where it can damage you permanently. So to say, sometimes pills like this can destroy a 13 year old girl's uteris because it's no done growing. But if the pill can not possibly do any damage at the age of [ex] 12, then 12 should be the age limit. Just because kids under the age of 18 arn't expected to have sex doesn't mean they wont. There's a girl in my school who is 13 and is pregnant. I don't know her personally but i've seen her, and honestly she didn't seem to be the most respectible person but there are cases where kids are stupid, in love, and act on instinct; whether they be nice people or not. And in some cases kids try to be respondible but condoms arn't 100% effective. Kids should always use a condom, because although the pill can prevent pregnancy, it can't prevent STD's.
Simply said if a kid younger than 18 needs the pill they should be able to obtain it without having to go to a parent. They should go to a parent anyway, but sometimes that isn't an option.
KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 06:45am
mortifer:
If someone is stupid enough to have unprotected sex (and I'm not talking about rapes or other situations where you don't have a choice), they should at least have the decency to face the consequences of it. Maybe it would make them think twice.

So I support the age limit. I hope people get smarter as they age and don't even have to use the pills.

And on the contrary to popular beliefs that "It's just like any other contraceptive", it most certainly isn't. It should be the very last choice.

Besides, those pills won't save you from sexually transmitted diseases. Worst case scenario, you'll get aids. And it's too late to cry.

[I read this after i posted] Although you think that people would be smart enough to use protection there are cases where the it breaks, or doesn't always work. And I understand that you're saying they should face the consequences but you realize that may not only be ruining their lives, but the life of an innocent baby, and sometimes resorting to abortion, which is cruel, but sometimes the only option.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
July 21st, 2007 at 07:18am
mortifer:

For God's sake, that's a child, that's a life, not a consequence. You'd rather have an innocent child raised by parents who are almost certainly not ready--putting that child's mental [and physical if the girl's very young] health in danger, than try and fix things and spare everyone the pain? I'm sure almost any girl would think twice after going through a pregnancy scare.

KateConspiracy
Killjoy
KateConspiracy
July 21st, 2007 at 11:06pm
MCR Rocks:
Cigarettes And Suicide:
MCR Rocks:

yea you're kinda right about the throwing your period off, but a 13 YEAR OLD GIRL taking this pill, you dont see a problem with it? i dont believe in the whole 'absinetence' thing you should have sex when you want to, but a 13 year old shouldnt be having sex, especially non protected sex. this pill is just saying ' oh its ok that you had sex so you young, and didnt use a condom, you can take this and you dont have to worry about getting pregant' its giving teenage girls a free ride out of their mistakes. and just because doctors say its safe doesnt mean they're safe for every girl. one girl may have more side affects than a different girl

Most people dont realize that the age 13 isnt as innocent as it used to be; its easier now to compare a 13 year old to a 16 year old and find theres almost no difference aside from the year they were born. But if a 13 year old girl had unprotected sex, yes she should be punished, but having a child is out of the line. You realize you're saying that because she did this she should let it ruin her whole life by having a child? Not only are you saying her life should be ruined, but so will the innocent child. I think any girl who's been scared by the risk of pregnancy would think twice afterwards.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:22am
Caitlin Caustic;;:
mortifer:

For God's sake, that's a child, that's a life, not a consequence. You'd rather have an innocent child raised by parents who are almost certainly not ready--putting that child's mental [and physical if the girl's very young] health in danger, than try and fix things and spare everyone the pain? I'm sure almost any girl would think twice after going through a pregnancy scare.

Punishing somebody for a mistake with a child is barbaric.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:55am
Exactly. It has absolutely no upsides, except "teaching a lesson," which in my opinion is bull. If you shove your kid's hand against a stove that's on he'll learn not to touch the stove, but that doesn't mean it's the right way to teach that particular lesson.
mortifer
Killjoy
mortifer
July 25th, 2007 at 02:16pm
^ Sorry, I didn't mean it like that at all. A 13-year-old is way too young to become a mother.

What I meant with the consequences was that they should go and tell their parents or some other adults. It is embarrassing and they'll probably get "the speech", but after that they could get the pill.

I don't think it should be made any easier to get the pill, because then a lot less people would learn from their mistakes.

Really sorry about my bad writing the other day.
Helena'sGhOsT
Jazz Hands
Helena'sGhOsT
July 25th, 2007 at 02:18pm
well its a womans body and if she cant handle a child let her do what she has to do!
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
July 26th, 2007 at 12:33am
mortifer:
What I meant with the consequences was that they should go and tell their parents or some other adults. It is embarrassing and they'll probably get "the speech", but after that they could get the pill.
Unfortunately, there are A LOT of parents out there these days who, instead of lecturing their child and then accepting that they'v emade a mistake, would simply jump to conclusions like 'my daughter's a whore' and do something ridiculous like throw them out onto the street with nary a second thought, let alone sitting down rationally with their child and talking to them about it.
I know of plenty of girls who would be petrified of their parents knowing about what they get up to when their backs are turned, because their parents really are so old-school that they don't allow any room for error with their kids - if they screw up, that's it - they're out, no questions, no discussion.