Don't have an account? Create one!

What has My Chemical Romance taught you?

AuthorMessage
blank stare
Killjoy
blank stare
June 11th, 2007 at 06:37pm
not to take anyone's shit..but believe me..i don't. i will start screaming at someone if i know 100% they're wrong.

and that you can also be shy and still be so damn fuckin cool!!
^^ ok, mikey taught me that. inadvertantly of course.
Stella Ella
Killjoy
Stella Ella
June 11th, 2007 at 07:14pm
They taught me that no matter what happens in your life, to keep on pushing. My gram died December 16, 2005 and it devistated me, but i remembered the song Helena. Gerard wrote it about his and Mikey's gram. They work at getting through that every single day. My dad died December 15, 2006 (not a typo; people always think it is) exactly 364 days after my gram, from cancer. "The hardest part of this is leaving you." The song Cancer on The Black Parade witholds that line. It reminded me how my dad didn't want to die. My dad didn't want to leave me. The day he died, before I left the room, he said "I love you sweetheart, I love you." I come back and he's dead. I was mad at him. I don't know why, but I was mad at him. He didn't want to leave me or my brother or my step mom or my sister. But he had to. My Chem taught me that. My Chem made me realize that it (litterally) killed my dad to leave us. They also taught me that no matter what anyone says, I'm a great person. No matter how wierd or outcasted I may be, I'm better than anyone who downgrades my self-esteem to upgrade their own.

Whoa, sorry for the novel guys *blushes*
Evil Flying Panda :P
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 07:16pm
MCR taught me that it doesnt matter if your popular or anything because your real friends dont care about that!!!and that everyone feels lonely at times!!MCR is like a HUGE part of my life!!!theyre the best!
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 07:23pm
StellaCyanidex:
They taught me that no matter what happens in your life, to keep on pushing. My gram died December 16, 2005 and it devistated me, but i remembered the song Helena. Gerard wrote it about his and Mikey's gram. They work at getting through that every single day. My dad died December 15, 2006 (not a typo; people always think it is) exactly 364 days after my gram, from cancer. "The hardest part of this is leaving you." The song Cancer on The Black Parade witholds that line. It reminded me how my dad didn't want to die. My dad didn't want to leave me. The day he died, before I left the room, he said "I love you sweetheart, I love you." I come back and he's dead. I was mad at him. I don't know why, but I was mad at him. He didn't want to leave me or my brother or my step mom or my sister. But he had to. My Chem taught me that. My Chem made me realize that it (litterally) killed my dad to leave us. They also taught me that no matter what anyone says, I'm a great person. No matter how wierd or outcasted I may be, I'm better than anyone who downgrades my self-esteem to upgrade their own.

Whoa, sorry for the novel guys *blushes*

i know how you feel about your grandma.my great grandma died a few days before Valentines day in 2005 and the funeral was ON velentines day then in 2006 my grandma died two daysafter Mothers day.i was really sad and the fact that had dudes that didnt know any one from family do the long speechy thing at the funeral mad every one mad and everyone cried when we passed the open coffen.and one of my good friends i have known my whole life died last saterday.and i agree about the Helena thing.
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
June 11th, 2007 at 07:31pm
They taught me

To take revenge on someone who hurt you....To love coffee......and to never take anyones sh*t!
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
June 11th, 2007 at 07:35pm
GerardWayeatscookies:
MCR taught me that it doesnt matter if your popular or anything because your real friends dont care about that!!!and that everyone feels lonely at times!!MCR is like a HUGE part of my life!!!theyre the best!

I know how it feels to lose your father. Im 13 years old. When i was 11 my dad died. I know he didn't want to leave me. I know he didn't. He had so many plans for me and my little sister. He never got to say good bye to me either cause he was in another state. My last phone conversation was terrible, and i just remember hanging up the phone on him. He didn't finish the plans and adventures he was to create with me.
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
June 11th, 2007 at 07:36pm
Sorry i linked the wrong one above =]
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 07:43pm
briana_477:
GerardWayeatscookies:

I know how it feels to lose your father. Im 13 years old. When i was 11 my dad died. I know he didn't want to leave me. I know he didn't. He had so many plans for me and my little sister. He never got to say good bye to me either cause he was in another state. My last phone conversation was terrible, and i just remember hanging up the phone on him. He didn't finish the plans and adventures he was to create with me.

i never knew my father but he died when i was 3 and never new i exsisted because my mom moved away from him before she knew she was pregnant.but she got married to a really awesome gut about five years ago.so i dont know how it feels to lose a good father.
Wudafxup
Fabulous Killjoy
Wudafxup
June 11th, 2007 at 07:43pm
To take no one's shit.
To like yourself.
That no matter how effed up you are, there are 5 boys just as messed up as you.
Killjoy
June 11th, 2007 at 07:46pm
briana_477:
They taught me

To take revenge on someone who hurt you....To love coffee......and to never take anyones sh*t!

the whole revenge thing is why i am going to do what ever i can to get my revenge on Aaron Guerrero...thworst person in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
June 11th, 2007 at 08:40pm
They've taught me not to live in regret. I'm not sure how, but they just have. Maybe it's because Gerard doesn't care that he was addicted to drugs and that rubs off on me. NO I haven't been addicted to drugs, I mean the sense of not regretting everything every day of your life, or at least not thinking about it all the time. I used to often think about the mistakes I've made. I hated myself for them. But.. Gerard taught me not to think about those things, not to live in regret.

It's amazing how something as simple as a band can have such an influence on people's lives.

I'm really thankful for them.
eslizard
Salute You in Your Grave
eslizard
June 12th, 2007 at 12:29am
Gerard's quote about girls being themselves has taught me to like me for me... before i heard that, i was never comfortable with myself... but now i can look in the mirror and like what is looking back at me..

they have also given me confidence... ever since i started listening to them, i have been able to stand up for myself, and do what i want... not what others want me to be... now whether they taught me that through their music, or through interviews ive seen, i dotn know... but somehow,, they did...
eYeLiNeR giRL
Killjoy
eYeLiNeR giRL
June 12th, 2007 at 12:41am
Totally that it's ok to be myself and that I shouldn't take any shit to the contrary!
Sort of a glorified Mr. Rogers message.... Shocked
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
June 12th, 2007 at 12:48am
I'm not sure if they've "taught" me anything in particular.
But I feel more at ease knowing that it's not just me who is an "outsider".
And "through" them I have met fantastic people who I love. :]
Also they have really good morals and I am so glad, I ended up listening to these guys instead of a shitty band with "shitty ass rock dudes".
=D
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
June 12th, 2007 at 01:24am
to take a bath everyday
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
June 12th, 2007 at 01:29am
to never take anyone's shit.
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
June 12th, 2007 at 03:41am
They taught me ...
to be myself
to never take shit from anyone
to carry on
to never let anyone get you down
to follow your dreams
to not google yourself

XD I couldnt resist adding the last one

XoXo

ana
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
June 12th, 2007 at 05:07am
they pretty much taught me wat evry1 else is sayin exept as weird as it might sound they also kinda helped me with my spelling, because reading there lyrics over and over again has kind of permanently put some words in my head and i can remember how to spell them now...and im not the best speller.lol ( i no kinda weird but still helpfull)
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
June 12th, 2007 at 06:18am
My Chemical Romance taught me to believe in myself.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
June 12th, 2007 at 06:25am
earth2themorgue:
because of Frank, i learnt that twizzlers are the grossest candy on the planet.

im sorry to say this, but what the fuck is twinzzlers? i know is candy, but what is it really?