Don't have an account? Create one!

Screaming.

AuthorMessage
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
March 25th, 2008 at 06:59am
The first time I found out I could was when I was singing along to Bird and the Worm. O.O then I kept on practicing using Saturday. I just cant seem to get it right it always sounds like its... I dunno... I sound like Im burping
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
March 25th, 2008 at 05:53pm
xDDDDDDDD

Yes, some screams sound like burping. That's called grindcore...
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 3rd, 2008 at 09:53pm
The Fatality.:
xDDDDDDDD

Hey Fatality go check this out on the first page of this topic someone spoke of some tutorials on youtube [i've heard you and you probably don't need 'em] and they said that the tutorials are taught by a person that coached the guy from "Lamb Of God" and the chick from "Arche Enemy" i dunno, go check 'em out and see. maybe you could get even BETTER by watching the tutorials.i dunno you, but i'm not gonna waist my time, i'm gonna check 'em out.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 3rd, 2008 at 09:58pm
The Goth Assasin:
The Fatality.:
xDDDDDDDD

Hey Fatality go check this out on the first page of this topic someone spoke of some tutorials on youtube [i've heard you and you probably don't need 'em] and they said that the tutorials are taught by a person that coached the guy from "Lamb Of God" and the chick from "Arche Enemy" i dunno, go check 'em out and see. maybe you could get even BETTER by watching the tutorials.i dunno you, but i'm not gonna waist my time, i'm gonna check 'em out.
oops sorry, the tutorials were taught BY the guy from "Lamb Of God" and the chick from "Arche Enemy".Oh, and the DVD is called "Zen of screaming". Hope i helped, c ya
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
April 5th, 2008 at 10:34pm
By Arch Enemy I assume you mean Angela Gossow and by guy from Lamb of God I assume you mean one of my favorite screamers ever Randy Blythe? He can really hold a scream longer than anyone I swear.
ricky braddy.
Bleeding on the Floor
ricky braddy.
April 6th, 2008 at 04:08pm
The Goth Assasin:
The person you're referring to is Melissa Cross. She's a-ma-zing. Her website (click here) includes lots of clips... you can go check those out.
She's worked with some of the best screamers out there - including my favorite screamer ever, Spencer Chamberlain (from Underoath).
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 7th, 2008 at 08:57pm
joshua neil farro.:
The Goth Assasin:
The person you're referring to is Melissa Cross. She's a-ma-zing. Her website (click here) includes lots of clips... you can go check those out.
She's worked with some of the best screamers out there - including my favorite screamer ever, Spencer Chamberlain (from Underoath).
Ooo Ooo that's the, right there, thanks Josh, anyway can you tell me where i can get some of her exercises to scream 'cause I just can't find the Zen of Screaming DVD and i want to learn how to scream. please dude i beg of you.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 7th, 2008 at 08:59pm
TheMysteriousThug:
By Arch Enemy I assume you mean Angela Gossow and by guy from Lamb of God I assume you mean one of my favorite screamers ever Randy Blythe? He can really hold a scream longer than anyone I swear.
uh-huh, and yeah, Angela IS awesome and I didn't know she dressed so average, really.
BlackRoseDying
Fabulous Killjoy
BlackRoseDying
April 9th, 2008 at 08:16am
the way i did it was just listen to a song with screaming in it and play around with your voice a bit until u can get something out.
ashenfate
Killjoy
ashenfate
April 11th, 2008 at 09:36am
=D
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 12th, 2008 at 09:30pm
NeonShadow:
the way i did it was just listen to a song with screaming in it and play around with your voice a bit until u can get something out.

Yeah, that's basically it.

My favorite scream by far belongs to Casey Calvert of Hawthorne Heights .

Rest In Peace.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 26th, 2008 at 10:19pm
I really want to scream. I can scream loudly and I can do low-ish and high-ish sounds. I'm too embarassed to practice though; my parents will be all "omg wtf Cheese"
But I don't know if I can like, scream along to songs. I'm thinking Underoath, The Used...

Shifty2
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
April 27th, 2008 at 11:27pm
Haha, my parents once heard me screaming along to music in my room, and now they tease me about it on a daily basis. =/

I like to screm along to songs that dont even have screaming, and just make up vocal parts.

Underoath is hard to scream to for me, I'm not as good with high-pitched screams, so I just scream along to the lower stuff, like Hawthorne Heights, Silverstein, Funeral For A Friend, Escape The Fate, or the grindcore/deathcore stuff.
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 28th, 2008 at 04:20am
Oh that sucks. Well I could always try before they get home from work so they never have to hear me.

Oh my god, it is. I tried screaming Underoath today and I suck. XD

I watched some of those "how to scream" Youtube videos too. lmfao
One kinda helped.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 29th, 2008 at 05:14pm
Slacker.:
Oh that sucks. Well I could always try before they get home from work so they never have to hear me.

Oh my god, it is. I tried screaming Underoath today and I suck. XD

One kinda helped.
hey Slacker could ya tell me some names of those "how to scream" videos on youtube, 'cause i've been trying to learn how to scream for a long time and i've even asked a few people how to, but they juust ignore me.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
April 29th, 2008 at 05:46pm
Slacker.:

One kinda helped.

lmfao Most of them are fuckin awful! There was one guy that said to basically sing up and up and up in pitch until you get to the highest note you can get, then keep going until it sounds raspy. Seriously, that's a deathwish, doing that.

My advice would be don't use youtube xD
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
April 30th, 2008 at 04:17am
Scentless Apprentice:
Slacker.:

One kinda helped.

lmfao Most of them are fuckin awful! There was one guy that said to basically sing up and up and up in pitch until you get to the highest note you can get, then keep going until it sounds raspy. Seriously, that's a deathwish, doing that.

My advice would be don't use youtube xD

Tehe
Yeah some of those videos are pretty shit.
They also get really confusing, some people are like "scream from your throat" and then others are like "scream from your diaphram. screaming from your throat ruins your throat!" And I'm all what the hell?
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
April 30th, 2008 at 05:21pm
Slacker.:

Tehe
Yeah some of those videos are pretty shit.
They also get really confusing, some people are like "scream from your throat" and then others are like "scream from your diaphram. screaming from your throat ruins your throat!" And I'm all what the hell?

Yeah XD
Basically the golden rule of screaming is that you should NEVER EVER do it from your throat. Unless you're willing to go through expensive, long, painful surgery resulting in you not being allowed to talk for two weeks or sing for a few months =]
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 1st, 2008 at 10:35pm
Scentless Apprentice:
Yeah XD
Basically the golden rule of screaming is that you should NEVER EVER do it from your throat. Unless you're willing to go through expensive, long, painful surgery resulting in you not being allowed to talk for two weeks or sing for a few months =]

Okay then. I've kinda got my screaming sorted. I can do ETF's, which is kinda low, but whatever. :]
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
May 1st, 2008 at 10:50pm
I've still never figured out how to scream properly... I don't practive all that much though... I guess.