Don't have an account? Create one!

Screaming.

AuthorMessage
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 3rd, 2008 at 05:11am
The Goth Assasin:
hey Slacker could ya tell me some names of those "how to scream" videos on youtube, 'cause i've been trying to learn how to scream for a long time and i've even asked a few people how to, but they juust ignore me.

PM'd ya.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
May 7th, 2008 at 04:46pm
My mom says that I sound like Bert McCraken when I scream, but I don't believe her, so what should I do?
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
May 9th, 2008 at 12:52am
^ You could try recording yourself and then compare it to Bert McCracken.

That's so awesome if you sound like him.
In Love
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
May 9th, 2008 at 04:56pm
^^Whoa! Your mom must be pretty cool . My mom hates screaming.

And if you have the time Slacker. do you think you could send me some of those Youtube videos?
Thanks.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
May 10th, 2008 at 02:57pm
i'm learning how to scream thanks to some videos my friend Slacker told me to watch. For now i pretty much sound like a young rooster but i'm getting better.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 20th, 2008 at 06:34pm
^^^ LOL Mr. Green
i wanna learn how to scream also,but there isn't really any place, i can practice at.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
May 21st, 2008 at 05:21pm
I don't have anything to record with.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
June 29th, 2008 at 05:30pm
I can kind of scream - but I can only do Olly Sykes kind of screams :S I treid some Parkway Drive but it was just too low XD my vocal range is like... shit.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
September 12th, 2008 at 11:51am
My growling voice has recently developed well. It also means that I can now sing lower. I'm able to growl to some BMTH, but it's not great; my higher scream is still more piercing. It's hard to growl without using the throat, but you have to practice and it eventually comes.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
September 23rd, 2008 at 03:04pm
just know that if you fell pain and? or a burning sensation, stop because your doing it wrong
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
September 23rd, 2008 at 09:59pm
i find Suicide Silence good for range, though it takes some serious skill to get down to the really low notes .

And Alesana's good for the high screams!
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
November 3rd, 2008 at 09:34pm
Ok, I have a problem. I consider myself a decent screamer, except for the fact that my "screaming voice", if you will, tires out quickly, like I can only do like two songs, and then I can't scream at all anymore. It's not that I'm hurting my throat, it doesn't hurt, I just can't like find the right part of the throat. Has anybody else have this problem? Is this just something that can be changed with practice?
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
November 4th, 2008 at 03:22am
^I know what you mean, any suggestions would be lovely :]

Does anyone have advice on how to develop a Angela Gossow kind of scream, well 'growl' if you like. I like her voice.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
December 2nd, 2008 at 11:46am
The Fatality Very Happy:
Ok, I have a problem. I consider myself a decent screamer, except for the fact that my "screaming voice", if you will, tires out quickly, like I can only do like two songs, and then I can't scream at all anymore. It's not that I'm hurting my throat, it doesn't hurt, I just can't like find the right part of the throat. Has anybody else have this problem? Is this just something that can be changed with practice?

I helps to drink a lot of fluids before, during, and after screaming. Yoghurt is also very helpful, especially for growling.

If you are finding it impossible to scream after a couple of songs, I'd give it a week or so rest. Even if it doesn't hurt, you might still be giving your vocal cords a bit of a strain. I had the same problem too at first, but with practice (but still breaks for rest), you develop a kind of resistance to it.
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
December 20th, 2008 at 11:18pm
okay...i bought the Zen Of Screaming DVD, it only taught me how to use my diaphragm, which i already know, so technically i lost my money, i've tried to learn screaming around the web and no one actually knows how to teach me. So please, i have a band, and we're gonna play at the school Talent Show, the song we are gonna play includes screaming, so please, PLEASE help me.

some tell me excercises and what to do, please, the Talent Show is next semester and we don't have much time, thank you.