Have They Lost Their Values?

AuthorMessage
Teenage.-Misfit
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Teenage.-Misfit
November 22nd, 2007 at 02:13am
songs of victory.:
This part really hit me:

But another thing, why are people on this board so against discussing things that MCR have done wrong? Why is it only acceptable to talk about what angels they are? Just like DIE! DIE! DIE! said, screwing up is human. MCR are NOT perfect. They screw up, and people talk about it. But no one wants to hear it.

I agree with you, we are the fans of My Chemical Romance why are we tearing them down. I have a younger sister and a group of her friends that have started to really love the guys (mostly because they can't get away from me talking about them) and if you ask anyone of them one of the reasons they love the band is because they tell them to be themself and they don't feel the band is treating them differently.

They get the same feel from the music and the same message so why not the same show? if there is such a big thing about it don't let them go it is after all a rock show. and I'm not sure what you guys get on tv and in public where you are but here in Australia I've seen and heard somethings that are worst then what Gee says onstage
resh
Killjoy
resh
November 22nd, 2007 at 02:29pm
i think maybe with the regards to the 'i wanna hear you fuck yourselves' thing it could be taken the wrong way. i remember a few years ago on the warped tour he used to say 'im gonna fuck you all' at the beginnings of shows and then in an interview he said that he didn't mean it in a sexual way, he meant he was gonna do his thing and blow everyone away and it was kinda like his way of saying he was gonna prove himself cos it was his first warped tour sober or something. may have gotten this a litle bit confused cos it was a while ago. but the basic point is that maybe he didnt intend it sexually...
btw, i do realise some people are gonna say he was just making excuses/saying shit in that interview, and maybe he was, but i think its smethng to consider anyways...
LostMyFear_ofFalling
Joining The Black Parade
LostMyFear_ofFalling
November 22nd, 2007 at 05:30pm
Songs of victory....

"Gerard once said, When this stops being special, when we become part of the problem, it will be time to quit. It can happen on the next record or five records from now. When this stops meaning something, we'll all walk away.

I remember them saying this. I also remembering it having a big impact on me.
They also said themselves that MCR was a band that wanted to save your life, and that "it's okay to be messed up, because there's five guys that are just as messed up as you".

These guys created the band as much for the fans and they did for themselves. They wanted to give kids some kind of hope. Do you think all that "MCR saved my life" hype was a bunch of lying crap? It wasn't. The band really did have a huge impact on people.

That was one of the biggest reasons why MCR became my favorite band. They were different from the typical rock stars. They had a message, and something to say to change the way people looked at life. They, (especially Gerard), were these modest guys who knew they were looked up to by thousands of fans, and put off a positive image in the music industry and gained a lot of respect for it.

I don't understand why they would say that they're work and music shouldn't correspond to their real lives. It really upsets me. I think they'll lose so many fans if they keep this "I don't really care about the fans as much anymore" attitude. A lot of fans didn't like them just for the music (even if it is amazing), they liked them because they were nice guys who understood what it was like to have issues and to be different. And they were vocal about that and never got distracted by the fame , which is all they seem to care about nowadays. Maybe they do need a break to rethink their priorities and remember why they started the band. Or maybe it's time to just walk away, like they said they would, before they disappoint too many people. Their albums so far have been amazing and so have their tours. Iwould hate for them to ruin it by becoming a typical rock band, doing the same stupid, disgusting stuff that they were once outraged about and were totally against. I don't know, maybe I just sounded really stupid through this whole thing, but I've been kind of upset about this lately.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 22nd, 2007 at 07:32pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^That post was very well put, and it made me a little upset. Sad I really hope that the band doesn't fall apart. I love the music, and I love the fact that the band had a message. I hope that they still have the same values, they are just showing them differently, but maybe i'm just an optimist.

I support the guys, and I want whats best for the fans, the band and most importantly the music... (Which rules my life Smile)

I will remain an optimist, but the above post was very well put.

xxx
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:14pm
kelseylove:
Maybe they do need a break to rethink their priorities and remember why they started the band. Or maybe it's time to just walk away, like they said they would, before they disappoint too many people. Their albums so far have been amazing and so have their tours. Iwould hate for them to ruin it by becoming a typical rock band, doing the same stupid, disgusting stuff that they were once outraged about and were totally against. I don't know, maybe I just sounded really stupid through this whole thing, but I've been kind of upset about this lately.

I agree with the "They need a break point"

And I can understand where you're coming from, MCR have changed, there's no denying it, maybe they've matured and grown up, I mean the physcial changes in them are obvious to us, but we can't say how much they've changed mentally and emotionally, only a select few know that.

I don't think they need to split up unless they themselves think that they can't do anymore to please their fans. I think they've just been touring for way too long, trying to please too many people, how are we to know that they aren't falling apart with the pressure?

I've been thinking about it a lot lately as well, so I know why it upsets you.

I'm just going to try and stay positive and hope that in 2009, they're back with an amazing album and they're their old selves, refreshed and ready. Touring for pretty much 5 years straight must get so weary!

I agree, your post was v well put Smile
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:22pm
kelseylove:
Songs of victory....

"Gerard once said, When this stops being special, when we become part of the problem, it will be time to quit. It can happen on the next record or five records from now. When this stops meaning something, we'll all walk away.

I remember them saying this. I also remembering it having a big impact on me.
They also said themselves that MCR was a band that wanted to save your life, and that "it's okay to be messed up, because there's five guys that are just as messed up as you".

These guys created the band as much for the fans and they did for themselves. They wanted to give kids some kind of hope. Do you think all that "MCR saved my life" hype was a bunch of lying crap? It wasn't. The band really did have a huge impact on people.

That was one of the biggest reasons why MCR became my favorite band. They were different from the typical rock stars. They had a message, and something to say to change the way people looked at life. They, (especially Gerard), were these modest guys who knew they were looked up to by thousands of fans, and put off a positive image in the music industry and gained a lot of respect for it.

I don't understand why they would say that they're work and music shouldn't correspond to their real lives. It really upsets me. I think they'll lose so many fans if they keep this "I don't really care about the fans as much anymore" attitude. A lot of fans didn't like them just for the music (even if it is amazing), they liked them because they were nice guys who understood what it was like to have issues and to be different. And they were vocal about that and never got distracted by the fame , which is all they seem to care about nowadays. Maybe they do need a break to rethink their priorities and remember why they started the band. Or maybe it's time to just walk away, like they said they would, before they disappoint too many people. Their albums so far have been amazing and so have their tours. Iwould hate for them to ruin it by becoming a typical rock band, doing the same stupid, disgusting stuff that they were once outraged about and were totally against. I don't know, maybe I just sounded really stupid through this whole thing, but I've been kind of upset about this lately.

Exactly. The true fans aren't going to appreciate the lack of respect that MCR have recently started showing. I don't think it's fair to us, as fans, and they've pretty much just lost total control.
It really upset me when I read that Gerard has basically given up on their message now. The reason I got into them was because they could get me through the hardest of times. Of course, I'd hate to see them stop doing this, but I don't know how much longer this can go on when things are going how they've been going lately.
I think they need that break as soon as possible. They need to just step back and take a look at what they're doing. When they finally get it figured out again, they should come back and try this again, with more respect for the fans, not just letting the fame go to their heads.
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:24pm
I agree that if they lose their message it won't be as special to the fans

so I get why it upsets people

I think they need this break, and I think they're looking forward to it but want to go out on as much of a bang as possible (I know that hasn't really happened recently with the antics on stage and all)
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:25pm
Naomi-Rose:

I think they need this break, and I think they're looking forward to it but want to go out on as much of a bang as possible (I know that hasn't really happened recently with the antics on stage and all)

oh, it's quite the BANG, alright. just not the bang they'd hoped for.
It's more of a spontaneous combustion "bang", rather than good "bang".
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:27pm
songs of victory.:
Naomi-Rose:

oh, it's quite the BANG, alright. just not the bang they'd hoped for.
It's more of a spontaneous combustion "bang", rather than good "bang".

Yeah, I think Gerard wanted to turn heads, so he started acting more weird than usual.

I just hope that they can overcome it after their break and be there for the fans with the message they once had, I think Gerard was just voicing his opinions, I doubt that Frank, Mikey, Ray and Bob all felt the same

but who knows, maybe it's lost the spark for all of them now Sad
littlejeka
Generation Nothing
littlejeka
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:30pm
Maybe they don't keep on saying these messages is because the messages are in the songs. That's what most of their songs mean to me anyway. I think MCR already knows that we know about all of their messages. If we're truly fans then we would always have those messages inside our heads, we don't need mcr repeating them to us all the time.
We just need to keep the faifth. Their still the same guys for me...
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:31pm
I know that the songs are the messages

but when asked in a recent interview about the band's message, Gerard seemed to have not been as determained to get that point across, for fans old and new, bands like MCR get new fans pretty much every day

I'm still optimistic about the band, I just hope the break goes by fast for us so we can get back to the refreshed MCR
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 22nd, 2007 at 08:32pm
"Guess the 'message' had a short shelf life. Maybe it's much easier to be just another rock band. I'm done."

He blatantly said that the message is dead.
It's no longer important.
xox.gena.
Killjoy
xox.gena.
November 22nd, 2007 at 09:18pm
You guys ever wonder if they just ran out of things to say?
You can only go off on a subject for so long, and he's basically hit them all on the spot.
Wouldn't it be corny if he just went off about saving whales? (Good cause, though lol).

Honestly, I just think he's making up shit off the top of his head so the gig isn't full of just music.
I don't particularly approve of what he said, but honestly, it doesn't really offend me.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
November 22nd, 2007 at 09:19pm
aaaah I'm getting really worried, I don't want them to be over Sad
Naomi-Rose
Killjoy
Naomi-Rose
November 22nd, 2007 at 09:30pm
^^^ I really don't think they're over

they just need a break Smile

I'm not offended by what Gerard said or didn't say at all
Artbreaker
Salute You in Your Grave
Artbreaker
November 22nd, 2007 at 10:39pm
Naomi-Rose:

I think Gerard just went a bit crazy and said it, I really don't think he meant it personally.

He (and other members of the band) have said numerous times that they change when the lights go off on stage, I think gee just got too into the moment and said stupid shit, it happens to us all.

I'm not saying what he said was right or appropriate, but I am saying that I don't think he thought about what he was saying before he said it.

That's what I thought, I think they change when they go out on stage (not in a bad way necessarily), Gee especially. He'll maybe say things that he doesn't mean, but he's still the same person. When I went to see them a few weeks ago he seemed quite aggressive at the start but by the end he was fine.

Did they not say that they don't need to do big speeches on stage anymore because their messages are now in their songs? I'm not sure but I think it was something along those lines. Well, he might not need to make life changing speeches on stage anymore but he need to say something and maybe he just chose the wrong thing to say.
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:37am
i really don't care what they say on stage. I know way too much for a thirteen year old[because of my stupid cousins and older brother]. It kindof makes me unconfortable when I'm with my friend's parents... but, if you can't handle rock, then don't go to the live shows
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:53am
Well, it's unfair to have to stay away from the shows just because what they do onstage is irresponsible.
You should be able to go see your favorite band in concert without having to feel uncomfortable.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 23rd, 2007 at 02:40am
songs of victory.:
Well, it's unfair to have to stay away from the shows just because what they do onstage is irresponsible.
You should be able to go see your favorite band in concert without having to feel uncomfortable.

Hmmm yeah, but aren't they some people's favourite band because of that 'rawness' sometimes. They are my favourite band because of everything they do, it makes them who they are in general. Even some of the songs are 'raw' with swearing and 'risque' parts. I thought that people know what to expect from their shows? Isn't some stuff the norm? *shrug* I thought it was.... Hmmmmm *thoughtful face*

xxx
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
November 23rd, 2007 at 10:38am
i've never been to an mcr concert so i wouldn't know how they generally behave. but, if you've watched youtube videos and been to other rock shows, such behaviour is really normal. besides, some things that gerard says and even the whole 'ferard' thing is put up for the performance. i'm not saying that they are being fake it's just that it's a rock concert and some stuff is just done for pure entertainment purposes. take it with a pinch of salt!